Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 11:53 AM

12,838 posts, read 22,014,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I saw the reporter on TV this morning. She did not impress me. FOX has changed and not in a good way. I make up my own mind. I am not a robot to the news. My brain works fine and it is securely intact.
Translation "I believe whatever I want to believe."

At least you're honest about your head being in the sand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 11:54 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Also, the man was running for office. It was the night before an election. He had invited members of the press to his office. The guy from the Guardian didn't just walk in ff the street unannounced.
My understanding from his statement is that the only news invited there was FOX. You might want to check on that before stating it again.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:56 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Translation "I believe whatever I want to believe."

At least you're honest about your head being in the sand.
I am probably the most honest poster on this thread. At least I don't put lies about what others have said like you just did.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:56 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Must have missed the Berkeley riots, I see. All that anger over losing an election.
Mmmm..a whole lot more conservatives out there than there are at a Berkeley rally.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:59 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
My understanding from his statement is that the only news invited there was FOX. You might want to check on that before stating it again.
The Fox crew did not say they were supposed to be the only ones there, just that they were setting up for an interview. Neither did the candidate before he body slammed him. It was the night before an election. Candidates and campaigns usually want media there before an election.

Still, I would expect an elected official or someone running for public office to be able to handle themselves better than resorting to physical violence when asked a question.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, thre have been bad reporters who have made up quotes or even outright lied in their stories. Let's think about that for a minute. You seem to be saying that since some reporters have been caught lying, that it's OK to either doubt that any of them tell the truth or even resort to bodily harm against them. So since there are some really bad police officers out there (yes, a small minority) does that mean I get to beat the sh*t out of all police officers? Or, for that matter, even ignore blue lights behind me?
Quote:
Some Democrats seem to think you should.
Do you think you should always do what Democrats do? Or what you think is right? And I see you edited your original post. It didn;t say "Democrats" at first. SMH

Old 05-25-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Some states allow you to shoot trespassers. When it is your space and you tell someone to leave it; they need to do that. One does not have the right to harass a person just because he is running for office. He didn't give up his citizen rights just because he is a candidate.
The candidate told the reporter to leave after he body slammed the reporter. After a short interaction where the candidate asked the reporter who he was with, the reporter left. I get the feeling you're grasping at straws to defend this politician.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:08 PM

17,789 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
I am probably the most honest poster on this thread. At least I don't put lies about what others have said like you just did.
LOL.

It's a damn shame this reporter wasn't armed. He could have shot 'ole Greg and claimed he did it in "self defense" and feared that his life was in danger. Montana is a Stand Your Ground state.

That would be a tough one for you "honest" posters.

Last edited by eddie gein; 05-25-2017 at 12:21 PM..

Old 05-25-2017, 12:12 PM
NCN

Quote:
Do you think you should always do what Democrats do? Or what you think is right? And I see you edited your original post. It didn;t say "Democrats" at first. SMH
I was saying that you were calling the kettle black. You were trying to put your own thoughts to me and I am not having any of it. If it was not his private office as he said than you may be right but if is was his private office then he had every right to tell the reporter to leave. And some on here says the candidate should have walked away from his own office. I guess we should all bow down and be frightened of reporters since they have so much power. I respect that he didn't do that. He has rights too.

I love a good John Wayne movie, don't you!

Old 05-25-2017, 12:17 PM

But he only told the reporter to leave after he was asked a question he didn't like and then body slammed him? If he was really concerned about the reporter being there, he would have said, "This is my private office. You need to leave." He didn't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies