Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 08:47 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times

Advertisements

Doesn't matter if Gianforte was in a hulkamania shirt and tight shorts. As long as he is beating up "liberals" he will be popular with Trump's base. Why do you think he released that statement .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 08:48 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Doesn't matter if Gianforte was in a hulkamania shirt and tight shorts. As long as he is beating up "liberals" he will be popular with Trump's base. Why do you think he released that statement .
It could possibly be argued that it helped him with some people.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It could possibly be argued that it helped him with some people.
It did. That's why Trump won. And that's why Gianforte will win. The right LOVES strongmen. Bush in his cowboy hat. Reagan and his b movies. Arnold Gropenator. Long list of macho types who use that image to win elections. Look at the posts cheering him on .

Old 05-25-2017, 09:04 PM

30,611 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Results are interesting so far (48% to 46% with the GOPer up). While I don't know enough about how Montana counts to know if the GOPer will pull this race off, I do note that he is polling worse than Trump did on election night in 2016: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/re...ecial-election

If the GOPer does win, I wonder what that says about the Dem candidate. I really haven't been following the race very closely. One can say that the state is just too Republican for a Dem to win (if the Dem does, in fact, lose, which is no guarantee), but that would ignore the success that Dems have had there statewide over the recent years. Or perhaps the Dem is just a bad candidate? But I don't know how bad you'd have to be to lose to a guy who was reported to have assaulted a reporter.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:10 PM

Reporters go to warzones all the time. They just don't get broadcast on faux news. Watch other outlets

Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Results are interesting so far (48% to 46% with the GOPer up). While I don't know enough about how Montana counts to know if the GOPer will pull this race off, I do note that he is polling worse than Trump did on election night in 2016: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/re...ecial-election

If the GOPer does win, I wonder what that says about the Dem candidate. I really haven't been following the race very closely. One can say that the state is just too Republican for a Dem to win (if the Dem does, in fact, lose, which is no guarantee), but that would ignore the success that Dems have had there statewide over the recent years. Or perhaps the Dem is just a bad candidate? But I don't know how bad you'd have to be to lose to a guy who was reported to have assaulted a reporter.
I dont know if he is a bad candidate, but he isnt a great one. I dont see where the Dem governor even endorsed him. although, the candidate is a Berniecrat, and all accounts say Bullock is going to run for President as a centrist in 3 years.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont know if he is a bad candidate, but he isnt a great one. I dont see where the Dem governor even endorsed him. although, the candidate is a Berniecrat, and all accounts say Bullock is going to run for President as a centrist in 3 years.
Interesting. I didn't know that. I did think that the alleged choke slam would've hurt the GOPer big time, but apparently up to 2/3 of the vote had already been cast early.

As for Bullock, I fear he wouldn't be liberal enough to win the Dem primary.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:17 PM

Who gets bodyslammed next

Old 05-25-2017, 09:23 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Interesting. I didn't know that. I did think that the alleged choke slam would've hurt the GOPer big time, but apparently up to 2/3 of the vote had already been cast early.

As for Bullock, I fear he wouldn't be liberal enough to win the Dem primary.
There was no video evidence of it, most of the votes had already been cast by then and even with video evidence it would probably still be seen as a sign of a strong man who could take on "the liberals".

Old 05-25-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
There was no video evidence of it, most of the votes had already been cast by then and even with video evidence it would probably still be seen as a sign of a strong man who could take on "the liberals".
Montana has no problem voting for the right Dem, though. They just reelected a Dem governor while Trump carried the state. And they have a Dem US Senator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies