Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Really?

Did someone put a gun to her head and tell her to run diarrhea out of her mouth? I don't think so.

Actions have consequences. She can say whatever she wants and by the same token, others can say whatever they want about her. Fair is fair. Doesn't that sound positively Trumpian?

You can't fix stupid but maybe others will learn from it.
Agreed.

Tho people of ANY "race" need to be held to the SAME rules. I'm white but; I really don't like PWT of any skin color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 11:37 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Who cares

Old 05-26-2017, 05:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Racist idiots of all races are a dime a dozen and are easily found at Walmarts....meh.
Nothing to do with intelligence. Racism is a defective heart.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Happened in Bentonville where the HQ of Walmart is located. The manager asked the lady to leave and are considering putting her on some list to not be allowed back in the store (which is a but much IMO).

They identified the lady by name. It would be fun to follow her facebook page and watch all the Trumpskulls rally behind her.
It would be fun if you didn't falsely play the race card. It wasn't trump or his supporters who said black teenagers being super predators, or had as their number one advisor someone who recruited 150 for a chapter in the klan, or who said muslims are crazy, they rioted over a video. That's your filthy house. Clean it.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:41 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
The only thing I find disturbing about this entire event isn't that you can find some jackarse saying or doing vile things but that this is the narrative that makes national news.

"racist white male in Arkansas walmart" is like mental comfort food to a lot of people and it's being served up for salacious ratings.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:09 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Really?

Did someone put a gun to her head and tell her to run diarrhea out of her mouth? I don't think so.

Actions have consequences. She can say whatever she wants and by the same token, others can say whatever they want about her. Fair is fair. Doesn't that sound positively Trumpian?

You can't fix stupid but maybe others will learn from it.
Diarrhea of the mouth doesn't deserve consequences of that magnitude. I swear, the cold hearted intolerance from the PC culture is downright scary. Do you think it's ok for this lady to get death threats? It's not fair. This lady could spend the rest of her life trying to make amends for this one action, but she will still always be the known as the racist woman in town because of the video that millions have watched.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:12 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Maybe Dumbasses should remember that everyone has a camera in their phones, and everyone has a phone. Don't make a public spectacle out of yourself and you have nothing to worry about, or do as you please and pay with your face plastered all over the Internet and the public scorn that will go with it, life is full of choices, think before making them.
I suppose no one has ever provoked you to anger where you reacted before thinking, right?

Old 05-26-2017, 07:15 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
People claim that racism should be ignored. That would be sweeping it under the rug. Seeing your posting history would explain why you fail to understand.

And feel free to post instances of bigotry by minorities (not racism, good grief).

I didn't specify race. You did, not me.
No, not ignored, just not played out to be some systemic issue like you are trying to make it. It would be like you claiming we need to do something about rude people, because you showed a video of a rude person. It happens, but it is not an epidemic and it certainly does not deserve legal scrutiny because no liberties are being infringed.

I used race because the example you are whining about is about race. Keep up.

As for my posting history, if you are going to make an accusation, put on your big boy pants on and step up to the plate, act like an adult and establish your premise.

Otherwise, go back to the playground.

Quote:
Who said anything about jail? Don't worry, I'll wait. Maybe you should first learn what reading comprehension is before you lecture anyone about reading anything.
You stated:

Quote:
By not ignoring it and calling it for what it is? Sweeping it under the rug and saying, "Oh well", doesn't discourage it. There are no consequences and teaches youth inappropriate behavior? When your kids do or say something wrong, do you not lecture them and correct their behavior and punish them accordingly?
You want to punish them? Ok.. so what do you do if you make it illegal? If you make it an infraction, then this comes with a fine, so.. you will punish people with a fine for such? What if I rip up your infraction, tell you to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine and refuse to pay it? What? What is that? You will arrest me right and put me in jail?

You didn't "say" jail exactly, but anyone with a brain knows the logical progression here. Punishment requires forcing the party to a situation they do not approve of. So, your "punishment" wouldn't be a punishment unless there were "consequences" (as you pointed out) for failing to comply with the behavior. If there is no "punishment" then there will be no compliance and your point is completely useless.

It takes "thinking" about your argument, not "feeling" it in order to understand this.

Quote:
Randomly hurling insults and slurs to people in public just because 1) is problematic and 2) can and will escalate to physical violence. How anyone could dispute that is beyond me.
"Here he comes to save the day!!!"

For number 1, it can be problematic. In many cases, it is a verbal bashing and people move on.

For number 2, this is an assumption. It "can" escalate to violence, but it is a false claim that it "will" do so.

Thing is, if it does escalate, then it is now a crime.

See, funny thing about how liberty and freedom work. You can not infringe on the liberty of another. This means, you can not physically attack them. The law already protects against this.

What you want is to police words, to make simply saying something a crime. You want to infringe on the liberty of people because you have some social justice hero work to do where you are going to make the world be as you want it to be, liberty and freedom be damned!

We should be watching out for people like you as you are a danger because you arrogantly think that we should all live by your rules, in your special little world.

This is what children think, they can't deal with the reality of life, and because they are precious little snow flakes, so fragile and tender, emotional beings... they must subjugate all things that personally offend them.

Again, the problem isn't what people say, it is what people do and your desire to "do" something in an official capacity is the problem.

As I said, you can socially denounce such, get like people to agree to boycott or denounce as well. This are your tools, not laws to oppress freedom of speech because you might cry if someone says something that offends you.

Quote:
Shocker, you missed the point and premise. By doing that you're effective dictating to others what they should and shouldn't be focused on based on your viewpoint and opinions, which is hilarious after your rant about free speech. Moving the goalposts for your own reasoning and validation. Too funny.
You really can't be this clueless can you? You use words like premise, but I don't think you even know what it means. You tried to compare peoples objection to the PHYSICAL subjugation and attacks on people by Islam, with someone VERBALLY saying something inappropriate.

That argument is stupid, it is invalid.

Quote:
Maybe in your own parallel universe.
Actually, you are the one whining about wanting to "punish" people for saying things that upsets you.

Quote:
I'm showing you where the door is, since you're the one complaining about a thread no one is making you participate in. On your way out, make sure you research those suggestions I gave you, while I go listen to two astronauts give a keynote address.
I am participating, I am showing everyone here how your argument is nothing more than an SJW tantrum demanding laws be put in place to "punish" people for not behaving in a manner you deem fit. Your argument is extremely arrogant and childish because it wants to subjugate the world to your view (Not a surprise you and Islam have a lot in common).

If you don't like that, I don't care.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I suppose no one has ever provoked you to anger where you reacted before thinking, right?
An unthinking reaction is momentary. A racist diatribe where you attack multiple people is not an impulse.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:25 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yeah I am sure you see it all the time..............'

Freedom of speech? You know that does not include freedom from the consequences from exercising your freedom of speech, in her case she gets her picture plastered all over the internet and on the news and she is no longer allowed in a Walmart, probably her favorite store. LOL
Yeah, because I actually am around a lot of different people every day in my life and I see if fairly often. It is the partisan political propagandists who buy their own BS that this is an issue of white oppression on minorities.

As for consequence, never argued that at all.

Walmart is a private business, they can serve who they like when they like. People can also have an opinion of her actions and share that with others, which will cause poor reaction to her in the future.

Perfectly acceptable and this is the extent that it should be.

It is you people who love to use force to stifle speech that does not agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies