Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Surely you jest-- it has been documented how his speeches and many other prez are written -- come-on!

Ask Trump who writes them and who he reads them to for approval..... It ain't Ivanka, or Kushner.....

Like I said, with Twitter and him completely saying the opposite of his own administration, he never lets anyone put words in his mouth. He trusts very few people. None enough to think for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 08:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ask Trump who writes them and who he reads them to for approval..... It ain't Ivanka, or Kushner.....

Like I said, with Twitter and him completely saying the opposite of his own administration, he never lets anyone put words in his mouth. He trusts very few people. None enough to think for him.
Pffft. He seemingly trusts all the wrong people.

And the RINO's seem to do all his thinking and legislating for him. Because he stands for nothing with no true belief system.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Stop it with your pesky facts!

Donald is the most hands on president that we have had in 200 years- he's better than all of the presidents America has ever had?

He likes to take control of what is reflected back at him and never let some one else put words in his mouth? He should try harder to control his message. He doesn't show what he is purported to be- an astute businessman. He fills position based on who has been loyal to him or who contributed the most to his campaign instead of people who can actually do the job. What is being reflected back on him is a Cabinet filled with suck ups and sycophants. He can't accept that he might not know everything and won't take advice
from people who know what they are doing because he doesn't trust them. Being a businessman doesn't necessarily translate into being a successful president.

From the link they provided....
Corrupt News Network said:

Trump's later speech on the future of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, a White House official told CNN.

Now that is RICH!

Ask Trump himself, who writes his speeches. The man is very funny about others thinking for him.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:05 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
From the link they provided....
Corrupt News Network said:

Trump's later speech on the future of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, a White House official told CNN.

Now that is RICH!

Ask Trump himself, who writes his speeches. The man is very funny about others thinking for him.
Not sure what your point is, as the link you cite above, an article about Trump's trip abroad published shortly prior to his departure, includes the statement that "Both speeches (i.e., two of Trump's speeches intended to be delivered while abroad - one at Masada, which of course Trump refused to visit) were being drafted by Trump's policy advisor Stephen Miller, who helped write Trump's convention and inaugural addresses, with input from a large collection of advisors..."

That seems pretty clear to me - Trump relies on speechwriters, as do most politicians. Most politicians also provide their speechwriters with an outline of what they want to say and define the target audience (both those present and those elsewhere), discuss the topic(s), edit the speechwriters' version, and sometimes ad lib, adding or subtract lines during delivery, all SOP.

A friend of mine used to write speeches for a former president, so I do have a little inside info. about how this typically works.

Of course, Trump is anything but typical.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:03 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I don't think he knows better and he truly believes what he spews out of his mouth.
Bannon has provided Trump's sound bytes that got him into office.

Does anyone believe that Trump would actually know, feel and fully understand the rural post-industrial hot points?

Old 05-28-2017, 11:12 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Bannon has provided Trump's sound bytes that got him into office.

Does anyone believe that Trump would actually know, feel and fully understand the rural post-industrial hot points?
Yes, at least one does, Bent Bow. Both have no understanding of anything much, but there are many others.

The all live in rooms full of mirrors where they can only see themselves reflected back to them. With so many mirrors, its impossible to look out at the wider world, but those mirrors were put up so they don't have to.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:24 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
... he stands for nothing with no true belief system.
Avarice

That is all he knows. There are no values in him worthy of praise. His most praiseworthy statements and his most scandalous claims turn out to be baseless lies.

Everything is calculated for his own self aggrandizement. Nothing more noble than that.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:10 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Maybe liberals got that idea based on Trump's own words during the campaign: Donald Trump: ban all Muslims entering US (watch the video)

Or do you think Trump was lying back then about his intentions?

What he said during the campaign about Muslims was not only taken by liberals in a way he clearly didn't intend (i.e. all Muslims), but that has 0% to do with the written words in the document.
This cannot be denied factually.

The fact that he only listed a handful of countries while allowing a much large group of Muslim countries unfettered access disproves your false narrative and premise.

As to the way this Frontline show was scripted, it was designed to make Bannon and Trump look bad.
I can tell you from experience that these "specials" are almost always from a liberal perspective. Look no further than the two shows on CNN about Hillary and the one on Trump. Hillary was portrayed as a courageous woman fighting for justice, and glossed over her many shortcomings (if they mentioned them at all).
Trump on the other hand was portrayed as the son of a rich man with many flaws that were delved into with gusto. Anyone other than a partisan hack could see it, but that didn't keep CNN from acting as if they created a fair depiction of each candidate.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:44 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
I just watched it. I know pbs is very left wing biased but I thought it was fascinating. S

Steve Bannon is a fascinating thinker and not a typical boring Republican by any means. I have never read the Fourth Turning and Strauss/Howes books, but I will. Genration Z / Homeland generation and Identitarian European right wing thought seems on the same track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies