Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 12:41 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,613,022 times

Advertisements

What I struggle with are the 85 or 95 % of his voters who when polled say they would STILL vote for him now! I honestly do not get it. All I can think is that everything he does that most people view as corrupt, inept, foolhardy, all of his mistakes like leaking secret intelligence, or saying absolutely crazy things, his ignorance and absolute lack of knowledge of history and governance, are somehow viewed as POSITIVES by the Trump crowd.

I don't know how, but somehow they see a person who cozies up to dictators and autocrats as a GOOD thing. They see someone who appoints a cabinet that seems intent on destroying the environment as a GOOD thing, destroying our public school system as a GOOD thing, bringing a bunch of billionaires and millionaires and lobbyists into the administration as a GOOD thing, corrupt nepotism as a positive, taking away healthcare insurance from up to 23 million mostly older and poor Americans as a GOOD thing. These Trump supporters are satisfied with all of this "progress." WHY? I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 12:47 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,754,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Why would you have not voted for him when the other candiate was against everything you agree with? This makes no sense
There are now people, both Democrat and Republican regretting voting for Trump. Fact.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:47 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,714,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I seriously doubt you voted for President Obama let alone "Twice" !

You could have always written in God as a write in candidate instead of having your dubious self doubt now.

Remember when you get to the "pearly gates" God will ask you "If you really would have rather trusted in me why did you vote for Obama instead? Twice ?

Ahem....
Also, a really big difference with Obama and Trump is that Obama would have tried to accomplish many of the things he promises, time and political reality were against that.

Trump, on the other hand, only had the vaguest notion of the pros/cons of his "promises" and has had to abandon most of them in mere months of taking office.

One of his keystone promises was a health care plan better and cheaper than Obamacare. Has he even proposed such a plan, let alone fought for one? Ultimately, would there be a more effective and immediate way to help his bone-weary "forgotten" base?

Old 05-26-2017, 12:48 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,714,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What I struggle with are the 85 or 95 % of his voters who when polled say they would STILL vote for him now! I honestly do not get it. All I can think is that everything he does that most people view as corrupt, inept, foolhardy, all of his mistakes like leaking secret intelligence, or saying absolutely crazy things, his ignorance and absolute lack of knowledge of history and governance, are somehow viewed as POSITIVES by the Trump crowd.

I don't know how, but somehow they see a person who cozies up to dictators and autocrats as a GOOD thing. They see someone who appoints a cabinet that seems intent on destroying the environment as a GOOD thing, destroying our public school system as a GOOD thing, bringing a bunch of billionaires and millionaires and lobbyists into the administration as a GOOD thing, corrupt nepotism as a positive, taking away healthcare insurance from up to 23 million mostly older and poor Americans as a GOOD thing. These Trump supporters are satisfied with all of this "progress." WHY? I don't know.

This deserves to be quoted for TRUTH!

Old 05-26-2017, 10:37 AM

716 posts, read 390,996 times
Quote:

This is what I find truly amazing. It's one thing to be taken in by a huckster who doesn't believe America is great, but quite another to deny and ignore the clown show he's brought to DC making us the laughing stock of the free world.

Oh I forgot, if conservatives feel no shame for taking health care away from millions of their fellow Americans, what do they care what the world thinks of America?

I wonder how many Trump voters would even care to know what Trump promised the Russians before the election...

Old 05-26-2017, 10:50 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,718,174 times
Trump is the Bull in a china shop full of stolen goods.

God Bless America.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:02 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,091,485 times
Because the DNC foisted Hillary on the voters as the alternative - someone who is pretty much universally hated. I don't understand why the DNC did this. For most Americans, charisma is more important than substance, and Hillary had no charisma.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:06 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,910,343 times
They ask why, because they're afraid to admit their relatives and coworkers are racists.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:06 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,106,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Why would you have not voted for him when the other candiate was against everything you agree with? This makes no sense
I haven't seen anyone asking this anymore.

I think most people are all pretty sure they know why people cheerlead him now, though.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:07 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,106,421 times
Quote:

Underscores the problems with our educational system, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies