Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 12:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
But Obama. . . But Hilary. . .
Seems it was Hillary as I noted........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 12:30 PM

5,316 posts, read 2,120,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seems it was Hillary as I noted........
Do we ever get to be at a point where we can say "Hey, no more" or "Hey, this isn't cool" and stop with the partisan stuff of "But so and so did it in the past!"? Or are we forever doomed to dance this way just because so and so did or theoretically did it on the other team first?

Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Do we ever get to be in a point where we can say "Hey, no more" or "Hey, this isn't cool" and stop with the partisan stuff of "But so and so did it in the past!"? Or are we forever doomed to dance this way just because so and so did or theoretically did it on the other team did it first?
The courts said it is legal. This has nothing to do with what you are saying BUT, this goes back as it often does to a long standing argument of mine......you can NOT expect others to do what you refused to do.

There was a question asked. I found the answer. The courts ruled.

Now, as I said in my first post......if you want to argue their competency, that is something else.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
The courts said it is legal. This has nothing to do with what you are saying BUT, this goes back as it often does to a long standing argument of mine......you can NOT expect others to do what you refused to do.

There was a question asked. I found the answer. The courts ruled.

Now, as I said in my first post......if you want to argue their competency, that is something else.
I am not necessarily arguing legality, perhaps more morality. More of a broad question as to partisanship itself, really, which is an annoyance of mine. Just all this deflection back and forth to "Hillary Did it!" "Bush did!" etc.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I am not necessarily arguing legality, perhaps more morality. More of a broad question as to partisanship itself, really, which is an annoyance of mine. Just all this deflection back and forth to "Hillary Did it!" "Bush did!" etc.
When one refuses to condemn something, they have little ground in condemning others. (For the record, I did condemn Hillary's involvement and taking the proceedings behind closed doors).

Neither in question here have the background to do what they are doing. They are doing what they are doing because we refused to hold politicians accountable in the past.

It's still happening. (yes a biased source but the clip is here).

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/2...return-laptop/

Debbie did a lot of harm to the party. She's doing a ton more here but where are the calls for her to give it up and go away already?

Old 05-25-2017, 12:47 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,791,210 times
I personally think they are better than Valerie Jarret.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 PM

8,896 posts, read 5,388,655 times
I would assume you were equally upset when Hillary Clinton got all involved in health care reform while she was FLOTUS.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
When one refuses to condemn something, they have little ground in condemning others. (For the record, I did condemn Hillary's involvement and taking the proceedings behind closed doors).

Neither in question here have the background to do what they are doing. They are doing what they are doing because we refused to hold politicians accountable in the past.

It's still happening. (yes a biased source but the clip is here).

Debbie Wasserman Schultz warns police chief of 'consequences' for refusing to return her laptop - Hot Air Hot Air

Debbie did a lot of harm to the party. She's doing a ton more here but where are the calls for her to give it up and go away already?
*Shrug* so let's start doing it. I don't belong to either party, so I don't hold one or the other in special accord.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
*Shrug* so let's start doing it. I don't belong to either party, so I don't hold one or the other in special accord.
I've made that argument for years.......

Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,102,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
From the dictionary...

Nepotism: the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

You cannot defend Trump doing this and be a supporter of our way of government in the USA.
Hillary ran in part on a ticket proclaiming Bill would be a sort of co-President running the economy.

Did you complain about that at the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies