Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:58 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've made that argument for years.......
Cool so we are in agreement. I am newer to caring about politics. I was passively a registered Republican for many years until I grew tired of partisan stuff and just unaffiliated myself from it all. I wish new parties would rise to the top. The current two are too entrenched in trying to do the opposite of the other, no matter what it is and how it may or may not affect them, out of spite and it's all a partisan mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 02:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Cool so we are in agreement. I am newer to caring about politics. I was passively a registered Republican for many years until I grew tired of partisan stuff and just unaffiliated myself from it all. I wish new parties would rise to the top. The current two are too entrenched in trying to do the opposite of the other, no matter what it is and how it may or may not affect them, out of spite and it's all a partisan mess.
I'm registered (I). I want someone to vote for in 2020. I am done voting against someone.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:57 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Huh? All appointed positions are inherently corrupt. Any government position at all is inherently corrupt as well. It is an institution of aggression against human freedom. What position in an evil entity is free from corruption?

Is that like the smug little megalomaniac, obscure lawyer riding the coattails of her husband Bill? Ivanka has way more qualifications running things in the real world than Hillary ever will.
Daddy's business is the real world?

The Kushners have no business being in the WH.

None.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
I'm registered (I). I want someone to vote for in 2020. I am done voting against someone.
I meant I am registered too as I. My brain isn't working 100% today...need more sleep I too wish for someone I actually want to vote for, not the better of poor choices.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:07 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because they been train all their life how to run a business and get things done, they are also properly the only two in government he can trust 100%
Trust an in-law? You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to do that.

Oh, hell no.

The government isn't a business. A business exists to profit. The Trumps and Kushners appear to be profiting from all that insider information but they aren't governing.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I meant I am registered too as I. My brain isn't working 100% today...need more sleep I too wish for someone I actually want to vote for, not the better of poor choices.
I understood your position and I only hope those as yourself are thinking grow in numbers.

Yes, we need someone that will do the right thing even though those who came before them did not.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:33 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Daddy's business is the real world?

The Kushners have no business being in the WH.

None.
Trump has no business being there either. At this point, I'm actually hoping for Pence to take over, which is odd considering I hold liberal views on most (not all) issues.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:15 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This may be one of the things that bugs me the most about this guy.

Why do people not understand and recognize the inherent unseemliness and potential for favoritism and corruption in appointing one's own family members to government admin positions? It's called nepotism. Is that really what we're about in our Constitutional heritage?

Those two smug little *******s should not be there. They have no qualifications other than being rich kids who ride Daddy's coattails.
It's NOT.

It's totally inappropriate.

I suppose people might not take it so seriously if they were experienced. At least Robert Kennedy was appropriate as Attorney General. But the Trump "kids" have no experience and we're already seeing the shameless self-promotion and profiteering.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Hillary ran in part on a ticket proclaiming Bill would be a sort of co-President running the economy.

Did you complain about that at the time?

No. He happens to know something about running an economy. Jared and Ivanks know about clothing lines and real estate. That's it.

I'll be you complained like crazy when Bill gave Hillary a job working on healthcare though.

Quote:
Anyway, here is the answer to the question.

Trump's appointment of son-in-law could rest on Clinton precedent

In the early '90s, an appeals court suggested that anti-nepotism laws didn't bar Hillary from the White House health task force.

Hillary Clinton may wind up smoothing the way for Jared Kushner to work in the White House.

Donald Trump’s best argument that it’s legal to appoint his son-in-law to a high-level West Wing post comes from a two-decades-old legal case involving the woman Trump just vanquished in the presidential race.

In an obscure passage in that case, stemming from President Bill Clinton's appointment of his wife to head up health care reform efforts, two federal appeals court judges opined that a federal anti-nepotism law passed in 1967 did not appear to cover appointments to the White House staff.

Trump's appointment of son-in-law could rest on Clinton precedent - POLITICO

So I have long argued that it was Obama and Hillary that gave us Trump to start with and now it seems it was Bill and Hillary that gave us these two.

Hillary, she just continues to give and give and give to the GOP.
And Republicans went INSANE when Hillary got involved in healthcare. She did have some qualifications as an attorney and in her work in Arkansas with children and healthcare. And Republicans would lose their everlovin MIND if Hillary had given Chelsea an office in the West Wing and had her sit in all the classified meetings.

Nothing absolutely nothing qualifies Ivanka or Jared in regards to a political appointment. A lifetime of inherited money and playing their Daddy's business.

And don't go back to Kennedy because I was still playing with Barbies when that took place so NO, I did not speak out about it.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:42 PM

The question was initially asked how was Trump able to do this. I found the answer.

Now if you want to question their qualifications, do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies