Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:08 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times

Advertisements

I just know you've stated you're a dude in a dress. And your posts reflect the delusion that you are something else. What's more to know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 04:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
It's early in the thread to play the victim card, but you got it in...
Is it too early for me to call you on the BS card?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I just know you've stated you're a dude in a dress. And your posts reflect the delusion that you are something else. What's more to know?
No, that is not what she said. It seems pretty clear to me that you have either never known any transpeople, or if you did, you cut all ties with them the moment they confided in you. I have known some, and you have no IDEA how much courage it takes for them to be true to themselves.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:39 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
No, that is not what she said. It seems pretty clear to me that you have either never known any transpeople, or if you did, you cut all ties with them the moment they confided in you. I have known some, and you have no IDEA how much courage it takes for them to be true to themselves.
Thank you Cat. <3

Old 05-25-2017, 04:42 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
Quote:
Well that's a lie right there, I've never stated anywhere that I wear a dress. Because I don't. And if calling me a dude is all you've got, that's weak as hell. I've been called much worse by far better.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Is it too early for me to call you on the BS card?
Feel free. You know what they say about opinions.

Quote:
I've encountered one. In the workplace. A large man who wore a wig and dresses. We were for some reason expected to disregard the obvious reality and refer to him as a female in meetings. The women in the office were particularly ill at ease with him using the ladies room. I took the opportunity to move to another project soon after. I hold that there is no such thing as a "transperson" (to use your term). These are individuals with a mental disconnect which needs addressing by treating it as such, not by mutilation or cosmetic behavior such as changing the hair or style of dress. The problem is in the brain, not the body, and the brain is where it needs to be treated. I've never heard of a case of medical treatment where someone has a broken arm, cancer or other malady and the doctor responds with "Quick, cut off his d*ck and get some makeup!" or "She needs an addadictomy, a crew cut and a flannel shirt, stat!" And I surely can't fathom why the rest of us are expected to change our behavior or sense of reality to accommodate the twisted mind of another. Should I encounter another, of course I would immediately distance myself and my family from them in all ways, pronto.

Funny how "being true to themselves" seems to involve the rest of us accommodating them.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:

I've encountered one. In the workplace. A large man who wore a wig and dresses. We were for some reason expected to disregard the obvious reality and refer to him as a female in meetings. The women in the office were particularly ill at ease with him using the ladies room. I took the opportunity to move to another project soon after. I hold that there is no such thing as a "transperson" (to use your term). These are individuals with a mental disconnect which needs addressing by treating it as such, not by mutilation or cosmetic behavior such as changing the hair or style of dress. The problem is in the brain, not the body, and the brain is where it needs to be treated. I've never heard of a case of medical treatment where someone has a broken arm, cancer or other malady and the doctor responds with "Quick, cut off his d*ck and get some makeup!" or "She needs an addadictomy, a crew cut and a flannel shirt, stat!" And I surely can't fathom why the rest of us are expected to change our behavior or sense of reality to accommodate the twisted mind of another. Should I encounter another, of course I would immediately distance myself and my family from them in all ways, pronto.

Funny how "being true to themselves" seems to involve the rest of us accommodating them.
I'm well aware of what they say about opinions, and yours smells at least as bad as mine.

As for the rest of your post, that's why I say they show a lot of courage.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:11 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Anything is moral nowadays, expect anything that violates liberals' definition of morality.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:13 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:

Why did it make you so uncomfortable? It's not like she was hitting on you, or that the condition is contagious.

Btw, you don't really know if the person was trans or had some endocrine issues. I've seen patients that were hermaphrodites and one who was born with absolutely no sex organs at all. No ovaries, testicles, penis or vagina. Just a urethra. Kind of looked like a guy, but identified as female and had a female name.

Minding your own business, and not being rude isn't really " accommodating" anyone. It's just being civilized.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Why did it make you so uncomfortable? It's not like she was hitting on you, or that the condition is contagious.
In our respective project roles, we would normally have interacted to some degree. I could not and would not have dealt with no reaction whatsoever to a guy dressed as such any more than had another appeared dressed as a clown or appeared in blackface. I was raised to recognize the difference between males and females and act accordingly and professionally to each. When someone presents themselves as a caricature of something they obviously are not, it's difficult to deal professionally or take them seriously, particularly when they expect to be recognized as that which they are not. If a coworker prowls the office on all fours and occasionally barks, should I say "Good dog!" and act as though all is normal?

Quote:
Btw, you don't really know if the person was trans or had some endocrine issues. I've seen patients that were hermaphrodites and one who was born with absolutely no sex organs at all. No ovaries, testicles, penis or vagina. Just a urethra. Kind of looked like a guy, but identified as female and had a female name.
No, this was a guy. Period. I made private inquiries with our security department and found his true name and history despite that he had been introduced as "Belinda" and was expecting to be treated and addressed as a female. A comment from that security officer was that "No one wants to be the first called to HR over this, so everyone is going along with it." I chose to leave as that program had pretty much jumped the shark by that time anyhow and was sinking.

Quote:
Minding your own business, and not being rude isn't really " accommodating" anyone. It's just being civilized.
Isn't acting towards another properly by what they truly are being civilized? See the dog example above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies