Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:57 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Recently a doctor in Detroit has been charged with Female Genital Mutilation. I'm wondering why it is a crime to cut off part of skin, but not a crime to cut of a ________ and turn it into a ________ or vice-versa? Maybe some liberal out there could explain this to me?
If you can't understand this, you've got serious problems. Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 10:00 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Wow, it's like you are actually asking because you don't know the answer.
I know, it's sad,

Old 05-25-2017, 10:05 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Recently a doctor in Detroit has been charged with Female Genital Mutilation. I'm wondering why it is a crime to cut off part of skin, but not a crime to cut of a ________ and turn it into a ________ or vice-versa? Maybe some liberal out there could explain this to me?
I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that a person undergoing sex reassignment surgery is doing so of his/her own accord, and when a little girl gets her... stuff... cut off, it is, I would assume, not being done via consent. That's my wild guess.

And for the sake of argument, even if any given little girl said, "Yes, daddy, cut my parts off," that holds no water legally. The hypothetical little girl who wants to be mutilated is not at the age of legal consent to be making such a choice.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:13 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Seriously folks, think about why you even bother to respond to hate filled threads like this. You cannot enlighten these people with reason. They post threads like this because they are bitter, angry people with nothing going on in their lives so, they get their rocks off attacking people they view as "different" to make themselves feel better about their own pathetic lives. Don't give in to the trolls, let threads like this die a quick death.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:31 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Depressing. It's not that you're trying to establish a false equivalence, it's that you're doing it so badly.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:06 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that a person undergoing sex reassignment surgery is doing so of his/her own accord, and when a little girl gets her... stuff... cut off, it is, I would assume, not being done via consent. That's my wild guess.

And for the sake of argument, even if any given little girl said, "Yes, daddy, cut my parts off," that holds no water legally. The hypothetical little girl who wants to be mutilated is not at the age of legal consent to be making such a choice.
But children are having gender reassignment surgery. So are you saying they are being forced to?

Old 05-25-2017, 11:07 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Why am bread good for eating but rocks no am good for eating. Ugg confused!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Wow, it's like you are actually asking because you don't know the answer.
Apparently you don't either because you haven't provided one.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Why lie OP? You're not genuinely curious at all. This is just another tired, lame ass, cowardly attempt to bash transpeople. It's more than obvious that you and those like you despise our very existence, so why not just man up and say so? I'm far past caring what others think of me and those like me, so why not just be honest? Why hide behind some non existent BS correlation between genital mutilation and gender reassignment surgery? Find your spine and be honest FFS.

If anyone else genuinely wants to know, though, here are some things to get you started. Better yet, PM me and ask me, we'll start a conversation. We may end up agreeing to disagree, but at least we'll be real with one another, instead of hiding behind some BS like this guy.

Why "Sex Change" Surgery is Medically Necessary | The Bilerico Project

Aetna insurance considers GRS medically necessary under certain conditions.

WPATH
You could have spent that time answering my question.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Really? To equate the two is just, well, stoooooopid.

Next.
And to be unable to unequate the two is intelligent? Why bother posting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies