Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:43 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nope. We don't get nice things like education or healthcare with our taxes like civilized, 1st world countries.
Problem is that most Americans don't want a 60-70% tax rate like in those countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:49 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We DID leave thanks to the recent US election...
We bought a home in Central Mexico a few days after Jan. 20th.
So you moved to a country less developed, and with less rights for minorities and women than America?

Old 05-26-2017, 06:38 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
They still come after your money, even after you renounce your citizenship and leave. I've heard multiple people talk about it and it's pretty ridiculous.
I have a couple friends from high school who live in Europe because they married a European spouse. One has given up citizenship and become a citizen of where they currently live and they do not have to pay US taxes.

Even if government tried to go after them there would be no way they could force anyone to pay taxes who renounce citizenship and become citizens of different countries.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:51 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Well... since I'm a retired federal employee and we also get social security and live in a state with no income tax... I get really good value from paying my taxes every year. I could even say that 100% of my taxes come back to me each year in the amount I receive annually that is over my personal investment in FICA taxes and pension deductions while I was working.

I always got good value from the taxes I paid, all my life. Had good roads, good courts, police, safe food and water, safe skies, libraries & the arts, flu shots... The list goes on and on.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:52 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
So you moved to a country less developed, and with less rights for minorities and women than America?
What is the problem? I thought the trumpissts wanted anyone who didn't agree with them to leave the US.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:56 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I have a couple friends from high school who live in Europe because they married a European spouse. One has given up citizenship and become a citizen of where they currently live and they do not have to pay US taxes.

Even if government tried to go after them there would be no way they could force anyone to pay taxes who renounce citizenship and become citizens of different countries.
Years ago that was true. Now, IRS can and will get their cut of your world-wide assets. They have made it punitive. We won't be back to the US other than for short visits and hate like heck we have to pay annual income taxes, given the Idiot who resides in the WH. Ashamed to be an American and resent giving him our money when he is the main reason we left the US. Not our president, not our country.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:13 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Historically taxes have been higher in the past. They fluctuate with societal trends.
Living in Washington, I see first hand where the money is squandered.

We have a bloated Federal Government that needs feeding. Farmers, welders and grocery checkers all must send their hard-earned pay to the Washington God to keep it satisfied.

There is no incentive for those in Government to reduce their numbers or cut waste and fraud. They are "Jabba the Hutt."

It's a situation that will be confronted soon, and may make some uncomfortable.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:44 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
I went to the local IRS office the other day to ask a simple question. First it seems they moved 3 months ago into a building they now own, yes, the old location is still shown in Google maps. When I got to the new location, they were closed for their TWO HOUR LUNCH!!

The hours on the door: Open M-F 8:30A-4:30P, closed for lunch 11:30A-1:30P

Must be nice.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:50 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yes, it's the non-statists with the evil mindset.

We don't believe being robbed at gunpoint is moral while you do.
I'm sure any Air Carrier or Ship Liner will take you where ever you want to go, to get you from under a system if you think you are in what you don't like. I don't think many people who respect and like the American System will have any problem with you taking your departure at any time. In fact, sooner might be better for you, than to languish were you have such contempt to think it without your brand of morals and certainly if you have a fictional illusions that a gun is pointed at you.... sooner may be your best aim to just pack up and go.

It's for certain no one points a gun at you and force you to stay in America, nor since you feel its system is without morals, then maybe you could be packing now, instead of writing and alleviate your displeasure's. Because many of us, who appreciate Democracy, Respect Diversity, have positive regard for the systems, divisions, departments, programs and infrastructure of many types, along with the many elements that have varying degree and levels of beauty as in being what we have as systems within American Democracy as being the United States. As a nation, that invested centuries toward building and embracing continual improvements in our Social, Civic and Humane Concerns and Responsibilities and does so with and through Regulatory Governance.

Maybe you should blame your ancestry for even coming here? If you feel this is not the place for you and since you were born here without active choice, unless, if you immigrated here. Still; its is highly likely you are not being held against your wishes. Considering such factors, you can certainly make the choice in this day and age to go to where ever your ancestry hailed from or some other place of your choosing.

As to me... don't speak for me, as I don't feel I'm being robbed at gunpoint, for that matter, I don't feel that I'm being robbed at all.

I acknowledge there is waste in the system, likely I don't know any system that does not have a factor of waste within it.

I am however quite certain, there are millions around the world who would love to enjoy the space you occupy in this country. Some likely would gladly pay your fare to leave if it were possible for them to exchange places with you.

As the old saying goes... Love it, Live With It OR Leave It..... and you have that choice... What you don't have is the choice to determine who can and cannot utilize the benefits and services or the functions of what our tax dollars provide, promote and/or support. All you get is "One Vote".. and in this nation, it is designed on a principle of "Majority Rule", and that is with its variances.

Just because I don't utilize public services assistance in my daily living, I have no problem that my tax money is utilized to support public services programming and it is beneficial to and for those who need it. And I have absolutely no concern of problem nor issue as to what ethnicity any person is that does need and use it.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 05-26-2017 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-26-2017, 05:35 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
What's really odd and crazy is "SOME" white people are whining and crying about everything..and detest paying taxes, just like the tax swindler they voted for.

Truth and History tells much, that "some" white people are afraid and unaware to acknowledge.

True History is: Black People toiled and gave labor by force to this nation for Centuries, and got absolutely nothing, not even access to public places, civic things, nor social or civil decent treatment, and suffered every kind of abuse from the vile of the minds of Some Whites and their uncivilized greed, hoarding and ungodly manner and conduct within their beings... and still in this day and time, Black people are not complaining about paying Taxes.

The long history of many white peoples current day wealth was in part derived from elements of black labor, as well as many things whites have enjoyed for centuries were build by black labor without compensation and still in this day and time 'white people are complaining". That sense of entitlement has screwed up so many white people, and they whine and cry because they have to contribute to the system via taxes. It's the most insane thing ever. But, we know much of what many of some types of white people complain about, is because they resent anything of tax monies being spent on anything that blacks benefits through, or even that blacks utilize as part of the system.

What it proves is some white people make up a mass volume as being ungrateful ignorant self centered whites who think they should be entitled to something and everything as if this was still a system where slavery built, created and provided things in this society while so many whites though their only job was to enjoy it without contribution or effort of any type, or sort at any time.

If these same type of white people who make up SOME of white society, could pay their tax and deny any and every aspect of what it supports to not allow blacks to participate, then they'd never whine about their taxes.
Racist ignorance is embedded in many, and many of the same complainer are "nothing more than Johnny come lately whites who came here in the 1800's after many blacks had been here for a couple 100 yrs giving their labor by force to help carve out and craft this nation. And were held back by force and law enforced abuse to have to see these Johnny and Jane come lately people, rush in from other lands and take advantage of all that much black labor invested to build and support.
Any they now have the audacity to complain about taxes because they detest that it also now benefits blacks and blacks can engage all the infrastructure and systems that exist in this nation.

Without black people America may not even be here as it exist today with the wealthy and growth that it has created over many centuries, because if for nothing else, white people likely may well have died out if just from the basics of skin cancer; because they can't take the direct sun upon their skin for very long.
If the Indian's had not taught the first settlers how to survive they too would have died out, because many came from run down towns in a variety of European nations, where they were either SERF's, Peasants, or slum dwellers or out back wilderness.

But, History's Truth Terrifies many of Some whites, because the truths it reveals may make them see much they can't digest of their own heritages.

The simplest thing is, Pay your Taxes and Shut Up and be thankful that you were able to earn.... and stop tripping on whom the Taxes service and benefit in this American Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies