Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 06:03 PM

57,009 posts, read 25,978,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corerius View Post
I think I agree with that.

At this point, the possibility of tanks pouring through the Fulda Gap are near zero. Europe is capable of defending itself. The Russians are essentially a non-entity in world affairs.
So the new standard of an alliance that goes back decades is Europe can defend itself an we can't be bothered, because the president indicates NATO is absolete. If Russia were to invade Poland we will just deem that their problem. I've never seen a president insult our historical allies so quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 06:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,579,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
You sir, are orange racist.
Orange is a race now?

Old 05-28-2017, 06:07 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,099,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Well they can respond by not building car factories or buying American made products.

They can stop coming as tourists.

That guy in the WH is destroying relationships built over decades.

If you don't see it as bad let's see if others do.
Maniac Merkel is destroying her country by letting in massive amounts of refugees

Old 05-28-2017, 06:08 PM

5,852 posts, read 3,277,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
She just said that. Germany is basically going to ignore Trump.

This post just won the 1st prize for the stupidest post I've read today.

But to be fair, it will undoubtedly be replaced by an even worse in short order.
Germany wont go their own way. Its a bluff. Even if they did they would be the ones hurt not us!

Old 05-28-2017, 06:14 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,219,376 times
Germany leaving in refugees. IS NOT A REASON TO DISRESPECT OFFICIALLY ITS CURRENT LEADER. HECK THEY STILL WELCOMED TRUMP OUT OF RESPECT TO THE US. NOT THE MAN.

Doesn't matter if the Germans or the Canadians BLUFF fighting back? TRUMP ENFLAMED THINGS FOR PERSONAL REASONS ALONE.This is ridicules of a US president.

Why in this world would we want to alienate Europe and Germany in particular? It is solely because thier news media like ours.... has made satire a out him and he feels NO LOVE from the Germans in general and politically.

Where would we be with no Germany?
- most Americans with White ancestry have German as part
- the US forgave its once foes of Germany, Italy and Japan WE ARE EUROPE TOO
- would be no white America if not for Europe as the motherland (pun intended)

All this is to get even. By a man personally for not embracing Trump with the LOVE OF A KING. --->For a Trip that fully embraced the Saudis with love .... and then DISRESPECT TO THE GERMANS IS UNAMERICAN. Not like this is WW2 era of a German dictator to show disrespect to. The Saudis would be as 3rd world nomads in their land if not for Oil.

They deserve merely cordial respect as business partners. GERMANY AND EUROPE TODAY Deserve RESPECT, ADMIRATION AND A UNBENDING UNITY. Merkel is merely a Prime Minister. But to show HIGH DISRESPECT in their Nation is A DISHONOR TO OUR OWN NATION.

In such a world we live. We should be showing a UNBREAKABLE BOND to Europe not a BRUSH-OFF for them not LOVING OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT and the MAN TRUMP PERSONALLY IS USING IT IN POLICY AND DISRESPECT TO A NATION.

** This is solely PERSONAL for Trump at this stage. His shoulders are not broad in not being loved. I can't imagine any former US REPLUBLICAN Presidents showing LOVE to the Saudis and Russians.... and then DISRESPECT to the Germans and Europe and NATO. Goes too far and TOO PERSONAL.

Trump can voice political differences WITH A RESPECTFUL GRACE but behind closed doors make some strong EXPECTATIONS and DEMANDS. It all makes us seem
- a undependable partner in a world we MUST TAKE SIDES
- is far more about showing UNITY with Europe to the world and NATO then to risk MISTRUST of a Allie for decades by a US PRESIDENT WITH A PERSONAL VENDETTA.

You could tell in Trumps face with the Saudis vs Germans a total SNUB and that SMUG FACE ALONE GETS WORSE.

I voted for the man despite my reservations of taking things personal and a getting even with them attitude. Me reservations were proven right. I WANT MY PRESIDENT SHOWING FULL RESPECT ABROAD WITH OUR STRONGEST ALLIES AND BEING CORDIAL WITH THE REST we are more FORCED to do business with. Like the Saudis with their culture that we do not fully embrace.

The Royalty and Pomp of the Saudis was right up Trumps alley and he loved it. That is HOW HE WANTS TO BE TREATED AT HOME IN HIS TRAVELS HERE. YOU CAN CLEARLY TELL.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:16 PM

5,089 posts, read 2,291,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its very bad our allies cannot trust us. There is nothing good about it.
Yeah, yeah, I heard all of this back in 2003 with George W. Bush the Iraq war. It meant nothing then and it means nothing now. Euroweenies gonna ****** and whine. It's how they do.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:19 PM

5,089 posts, read 2,291,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So the new standard of an alliance that goes back decades is Europe can defend itself an we can't be bothered, because the president indicates NATO is absolete. If Russia were to invade Poland we will just deem that their problem. I've never seen a president insult our historical allies so quickly.
So if Russia would invade Poland you take up arms and go over there and defend them? Well, good luck. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:22 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,575,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
We deserve this. We should be put into "time out" by the rest of the west until we prove we can elect an adult to lead us again.
Problem is this is gonna effect 2 kinds of people: Americans and Europeans,
it's not gonna effect: trump or merkel so mission failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Merkel is destroying her own country. Trump should take it as a badge of honor that she is mad. Sorry the Europeans don't tell us what to do! America first!!
Well America did meddle with both world wars... it's not like Germany asked you to interfere with their war on the britts and russians...

Old 05-28-2017, 06:22 PM

421 posts, read 286,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I didn't vote for or support Trump.

I want to cut government spending, including military spending.
Oh and how does taking 27 million people off of healthcare and giving only the top two percent a tax break for it ,help America?

Old 05-28-2017, 06:24 PM

421 posts, read 286,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Orange is a race now?
With a tangerine president yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies