Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 08:23 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
This is how a lot of the world is looking at the US now.

Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States. He does not possess the requisite intellect and does not understand the significance of the office he holds nor the tasks associated with it. He doesn't read. He doesn't bother to peruse important files and intelligence reports and knows little about the issues that he has identified as his priorities. His decisions are capricious and they are delivered in the form of tyrannical decrees.

He is a man free of morals. As has been demonstrated hundreds of times, he is a liar, a racist and a cheat. I feel ashamed to use these words, as sharp and loud as they are. But if they apply to anyone, they apply to Trump. And one of the media's tasks is to continue telling things as they are: Trump has to be removed from the White House. Quickly. He is a danger to the world.

Donald Trump Is a Menace to the World: Opinion - SPIEGEL ONLINE
The impression of that writer is naive and without basis.

Just like the propaganda attack on Jews, citing their menace to society, the greman writer continues a long tradition of hate mongering and elitism to further a political agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 08:25 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
A (ONE) German perspective! ugh!!!

ONE

I bet most Germans are not obsessed with Trump. They have enough problems to deal with.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:33 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think it is important to remember that the peace and reconstruction at the end of WW2 were mostly rather gentle, the two Germanies of the cold war had natural and critical allies, Germany reunited peacefully under its democratic government.

Even before the WW2 ended, Stalin & co. were already considered less than desirable by US and the allies. French did not have a wish to fight Germans ever again. UK... not sure, but fighting Germans is no fun.

Attempt to keep Germany down after WW1 failed miserably too. So, rather than trying this again, US and the allies tried a different approach. And it worked so well !!!!

German cars ... well, a lot of them are made in America. Jobs, everybody?
I agree, it just needs to be a 2 way street. I drive a BMW 7 Series so I do really like the cars they make.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:33 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Peace in the ME due to Trump?

You so funny!
I want to know why people think this- because his son in law is close to the Israeli prime minister? Are any meetings scheduled between the Arabs and Israelis? Do you think that the Palestinians are in such awe of the Trump administration that they will just make peace with their enemy?

Old 05-26-2017, 08:34 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I agree, it just needs to be a 2 way street. I drive a BMW 7 Series so I do really like the cars they make.
Me too. I love German cars. I do agree it (trade) has to be a 2 way street.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
I want to know why people think this- because his son in law is close to the Israeli prime minister? Are any meetings scheduled between the Arabs and Israelis? Do you think that the Palestinians are in such awe of the Trump administration that they will just make peace with their enemy?
Uh, I think the very idea of Trump bringing peace to the ME is funny, not that he or any other American is going to accomplish it.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:14 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Translation:
Donald Trump is not a progressive. He needs to be beaten and kicked out of office because he is not a progressive. He also doesn't apologize for not being a progressive.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:27 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,547,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, those who want to control the world are disappointed we have an American President for America:
  • Lowest number of unemployed in 37 years
    Trump bump market jump
    Great Supreme Court Justice
    Illegal immigration down 70%
    Peace threatened for Middle East

Those guys are so jealous of our President. We defeated those evil Germans twice in world wars and I have little doubt that we might have to defeat those evil Germans again.
We can believe the unemployment rate again? When did that change?

Old 05-26-2017, 09:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
LMAO...Many in the US look at Germany as a menace also with their undying love for radical Muslims.
You have a vivid imagination.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Nothing I can see that is incorrect in that statement. Trump is a chaos candidate, with a limited intellect, and no morals. No surprise there.
Ethically challenged, avaricious ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The reason Trumpists attack Germany and our other allies is ostensibly because they are free and democratic. Notice all these Trumpists have nothing bad to say about Putin or other autocrats. Pitiful.
Absolutely!

It is shameful that people who claim the 'republican' or even 'true republican' label are the most supportive and admiring of authoritarians and the most dismissive and critical of free republics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies