Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 05:14 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Fake story as the Prime Minister of The Netherlands and France were both very impressed and positive about President Trump.

But I guess that was left out of your biased post!

If it doesn't fit your narrative then it will not be mentioned

As the source of the PMs of The Netherlands and France being "very impressed and positive" about Trump was left out of your biased post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 05:17 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
I surprised some of you haven't had a aneurysm or something....

Old 05-30-2017, 05:17 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
You reap what you sow.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:03 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Trumps version "I think we hit a home run".

I think it probably could have been worse, it did go well in Israel and Saudi Arabia but that was it.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:08 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
In separate remarks intended mostly for domestic consumption, leaders of Germany, France and Israel all sought to distance themselves from Trump, just days after meeting with the president during his nine-day foreign trip to Saudi Arabia, Israel, Vatican City, Brussels and Italy.
Among the sources of friction: Trump's reluctance to unreservedly commit to the North Atlantic alliance, his skepticism of a climate change accord signed on to by his predecessor, President Obama, and outreach to Palestinians in pursuit of a Middle East peace agreement.
"It’s clear that in Europe at least, that anti-Trump position plays well domestically," said Ivo Daalder, a former U.S. ambassador to NATO in the Obama administration. "But the larger issue is that the trip didn’t go well in Europe."

The dynamic is partly one of Trump's brash style. "I think what grates on European leaders is the sense that he does not treat them as equals, let alone as allies," Daalder said. "He approaches them in this confrontational way, in an attempt to constantly get a better deal out of them."

Trump hasn't spoken about the trip publicly, avoiding press conferences for the entire journey. But on Twitter, he pronounced the mission a triumph. "Just returned from Europe. Trip was a great success for America. Hard work but big results!" Trump tweeted on Sunday.
Allies give blunt reviews of Trump's foreign trip

What a disgusting BULLS*****R! No decent person can stomach this POS PHONY!
The Wine Taster in Chief of France sounded intimidated, Merkel sounds like she is realizing Europe (after 75 years of American largesse) needs to defend herself, and May of the UK was simply upset about leaks.

Yeah, I'll listen to what some Obama flack has to say.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There is a difference between coming to a mutual agreement on them coming to the table with more and simply telling Europe to screw off. Why are you arguing the only solution is the most extreme that leads to the most destabilization?
And who told Europe to screw off?

Old 05-30-2017, 06:41 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.c...s/amp/40086626

I had originally thought these random remarks were made by officials who didn't know their place but apparently these attacks are coordinated by the thugs at the top.

For one of our "allies" Germany is sure not treating our country or president with respect, it's time to cut them off from tax payer money.
We've succeeded in alienating one of our most important allies. That is such a damned fool thing to do. When I saw Trump at the NATO meeting last week he had his Mussolini puss on. Then he pulls the PM of Montenegro out of his way so he can be in the front of a photo. That rude display is inexcusable.

If the Germans perceive that the Presidency is going to be one Republican blunder after another they could close Ramstein air base and other facilities. Once the Germans regain sovereignty over these facilities, that won't reverse. This isn't 1948.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What percent of these "allies" owe money?
None. There were never any amounts agreed to, just a suggested a number based on GDP. If you have some different information please feel free to share.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Fake story as the Prime Minister of The Netherlands and France were both very impressed and positive about President Trump.

But I guess that was left out of your biased post!

If it doesn't fit your narrative then it will not be mentioned
Yes the Prime Minister of the Netherlands and the President of France released diplomatic statements with interesting little twists.

That's being diplomatic.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ivanka looks like she's auditioning for an updated "American Gothic".

Donny looks like he's Bogarted the joint.
Or "Beetlejuice".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies