Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 11:10 AM

393 posts, read 166,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And often used towards Republicans as of late as they act like the delicate little snowflakes they called everyone else.
Isn't that cultural appropriation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 11:11 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Trump supporters are often clumsy, sometimes intellectual (& sometimes charmingly dumb), often irreverent.....but almost never delicate (or soft).

Old 05-26-2017, 12:09 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Trump supporters are rarely angry.
You've got to be kidding.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:22 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Not by everyone.

By the way, although I clearly understand the true meaning of a Snowflake, George Will had a good article a short while back on it. He hit the nail on the head too.
Quote:
I clearly understand the true meaning
You're doing better than I am:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3083640AA5GOKf
Quote:
One reason is because Michael is white. With the two different colors fighting against each other in the prison, C-Note just sees it as appropriate to call him Snowflake just for being white.
Another reason is because a snowflake is quite unique especially since it has such a fractal design (also might refer to the design on Michael's body...?). Snowflake could also be because C-Note finds Michael odd, and unique (for requesting weird medications and stuff)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_children

Quote:
Snowflake children is a term used by organizations that promote the adoption of embryos left over from in vitro fertilisation to describe children that result, where the children's parents were not the original cell donors.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:29 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Trump is a fantastic president and the Liberals were coined with the phrase "snowflakes" because they could never, (and still don't) accept that their President's name is Mr. Donald Trump!

The Liberals wanted Hillary for their President and have been whining non-stop for almost 7 months now....because their corrupt leader Hillary is pouting that she did not get the position and..... that Trump is now their President.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:47 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Millions of Snowflakes can become an avalanche. I suspect this will be proven before too long.
For good or for ill..
Or a blizzard. I think it's a funny insult esp when you consider storm Jonas.

I've taken pride in being a snowflake because one of my email addresses has it in the name. Plus I was born in winter so it's kinda like "so?" I actually hate winter but at the same time I do like being an Aquarius so to me a snowflake = an Aquarius. I am also delicate like a snowflake but sometimes this is a good thing because it means I won't hurt people for no reason but I don't tolerate rudeness either. I guess you could argue it's not entirely me if you take it literally because of the unique thing but I always say I'm the most unique snowflake of all. If you were to draw me as one the snowflake would have a face with a wonky eye and purple sparkles everywhere.
Considering this I would never call someone that because it's a compliment (Did you know snowflake is actually a term of endearment in relationships?) I've got my own less popular terms like fruitcake. Rarely have I seen that word used to insult someone. If you ever see me using this word, watch out as it obviously means I really don't like you.

Of course it's impossible to offend me with just words. I remember one time I joined a chatroom and the mod told me to kill myself. It only upset me once they blocked me before I said anything and I was seriously depressed too. However snowflake is like not even trying basically. Maybe though people say it because it's light enough to be moderator friendly.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:45 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
What you have posted are older and different interpretations, not what the term is actually referring to today in the sense of what the OP is asking about.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:33 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
What you have posted are older and different interpretations, not what the term is actually referring to today in the sense of what the OP is asking about.
Wow I was called an OP. Like a real person. How nice. I don't like wearing a uniform and conforming to groups so I guess snowflake fits me. Although I haven't seen one in years.

Old 05-27-2017, 03:44 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
"Referring to someone, usually the Alt-Right, Yiannopoulos, And Nazi Sympathizers (A.K.A. ARYANS), whose immense white fragility causes a meltdown when confronted with the most minute deviation from orthodox White Supremacy. They often cry bloody murder when expected to give the most modest expression of basic human decency."

Urban Dictionary: Snowflake

Sounds more like cons to me.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:42 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I only recently heard this term on this forum.

It snows in NY so Trump is a snowflake?
Time for you to take the red pill, visit reddit r/the_donald and wake up from your sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies