Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:10 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You probably ought to check your facts on Obama. That sounds like Breitbart talking points instead of actual data. My "data" is based on 9 years of observation & opinion. (Except for the leaving the country 19 Trillion in debt part. That's a fact.) I've never read Breitbart.

Except that part about his jump shot. That's on record. It's not as good as mine though. He doesn't snap his wrist enough on the follow thru.

And, really? Junior wasn't a terrible president. Junior took us into Iraq based on dubious intel. It cost us lives & treasury. I knew people who knew that it was dubious (so he sure as hell knew a LOT more people who knew it was dubious intel.).

He also was the skipper on watch during the Financial Markets implosion. Simple adjustments could have been made to avoid it (or at least lessen it) in 04, 05 & 06, but he trusted his "experts" & doubled down. Obama made the same mistake (with the multi Trillion Dollar loan mod program (aka transfer of wealth from tax payers to Bankers) & I'm afraid that Trump is also getting to cozy with those bast*rds on Wall Street. They all were guilty of asking for the expert advice of Wall Street (who don't give a rat about Main Street).

He just had a lousy VP and some questionable advisors. Agreed. We tend to blame wars on presidents, He had to invade Afghanistan (i have no beef with this, in fact I supported & support that decision). But Iraq was avoidable...it was his baby. & he screwed the pooch. but unless they're doing the Trump thing and out threatening other countries like lunatic despots, those wars are things that are decided by military advisors, Military advisors did NOT recommend invading Iraq... not presidents.

I like Junior, and not because I want to drink a beer I don't drink...and neither does he with him. Though, I would. I also like Laura, even though she committed vehicular manslaughter. That was very sad. I'm close to her age....we all did a lot of stupid things in that era. Could have been me.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on a few issues. Oh...& Harding (or Carter's brother) probably would have been fun to party with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 07:35 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
How do those results look today? What is the point of showing data from 2014 to answer a question of how Obama will be remembered in history?

I have a hard time believing that a president who left the WH with an approval rating of ~59-60% (Gallup) could be considered the "worst president in history".

Also, look at where his approval rating was in 2014 vs. where it ended up. Yeah, VERY flawed to use this kind of data. But, of course, I know the reason this was dug up...

First of all, it isn't worst in history - the poll was clearly worst since WWII.

I think Obama benefitted a lot from being the first black president and living in a hyper partisan time where we cheer for parties over the good of the country.

If someone hates Bush, I don't see how they can love Obama.

They both doubled the debt and had a large deficit in their final year.

They both created power vacuums in the Arab world.

They both armed terrorists and drug cartels.

They both lied to expand wars.

They both did about 10 times the drone strikes as their predecessor.

They both had large no-bid contracts.

They both handed out large contracts to Halliburton subsidiaries.

They both bailed out big companies/banks.

Obama did more trickle down economics than Reagan.

They both supported the Patriot Act.

Etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies