Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:57 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Hey lib .. show me the same proof that is being shown here and I'll join you in calling them (partisian right) out!

You can't so ... run along now.

This is the Court exposing the administration!
Dude...I'm not a lib. The mere fact that you call me one is helping to prove my point.

As far as this story goes, I just looked up that .gov link and got barely any Google results of any kind. *Shrug*. Have to wait and see what develops. I am an independent and have no party memes coming to my mailbox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 12:17 AM

1,743 posts, read 991,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Dude...I'm not a lib. The mere fact that you call me one is helping to prove my point.

As far as this story goes, I just looked up that .gov link and got barely any Google results of any kind. *Shrug*. Have to wait and see what develops. I am an independent and have no party memes coming to my mailbox.
If you are an Independent, why act like a liberal?

Why ignore the elephant in the room?

Why go to Google when the official documents are Right There in the link?

Declassified memos show FBI illegally shared spy data on Americans with private parties

Quote:
The FBI has illegally shared raw intelligence about Americans with unauthorized third parties and violated other constitutional privacy protections, according to newly declassified government documents that undercut the bureau’s public assurances about how carefully it handles warrantless spy data to avoid abuses or leaks.

In his final congressional testimony before he was fired by President Trump this month, then-FBI Director James Comey unequivocally told lawmakers his agency used sensitive espionage data gathered about Americans without a warrant only when it was “lawfully collected, carefully overseen and checked.”

Once-top secret U.S. intelligence community memos reviewed by Circa tell a different story, citing instances of “disregard” for rules, inadequate training and “deficient” oversight and even one case of deliberately sharing spy data with a forbidden party.

For instance, a ruling declassified this month by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) chronicles nearly 10 pages listing hundreds of violations of the FBI’s privacy-protecting minimization rules that occurred on Comey’s watch.

The behavior the FBI admitted to a FISA judge just last month ranged from illegally sharing raw intelligence with unauthorized third parties to accessing intercepted attorney-client privileged communications without proper oversight the bureau promised was in place years ago.

The court also opined aloud that it fears the violations are more extensive than already disclosed.
Declassified memos show FBI illegally shared spy data on Americans with private parties | Circa News - Learn. Think. Do.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/...r_Apr_2017.pdf

Old 05-26-2017, 12:27 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
If you are an Independent, why act like a liberal?

Why ignore the elephant in the room?

Why go to Google when the official documents are Right There in the link?
Waiting to see what comes out about a story makes me liberal? Geez. I was curious to see what was out there about this. I don't have time tonight to sift through a 99 page slog of a PDF and believing what one site says is silly.

The fact that this only had 16 Google results that included this link somehow made me think it was still just developing (after all, the date on it was yesterday?) based on this document, or maybe it's not real (the interpretation by Circa), or who knows, so I wait and see.

I am an Independent moderate. I don't jump to party lines. I kinda watch from the middle and roll my eyes at all the partisan BS. I may appear to one side in this forum, but that's more because I didn't want Trump as president and still don't approve of him. During the election, I was called both lib and conservative because I was to the right or left of "their" side. It's rather silly.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
If this report was about Trump's adminstration .. even after Trump had left office ... the Outrage and Demands by the DemoRats and leftists to charge Trump and everyone in his administration would be deafening!

And that would include the Media!
I care less about the politics of this. Unfortunately it's why we can't get it stopped.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:36 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
It's funny that you think the partisan right posters do nothing of the sort. That is all.
I meed equal disgust for both sides. Nothing "funny" about it.

At the moment, the left are showing their dunbfkness with unabashed vigor and I call it as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies