Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 05:47 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAxCLTAUQAAZirL.jpg

PHOTOS: First Lady Melania Trump Radiates In High Fashion During Trip Abroad

Meanwhile..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAxCMUuUIAAFN7z.jpg

Michelle Obama Wears $2300 Dress To Greet Pope - Breitbart

Conservatives think Michelle getting an expensive dress is welfare - but when a white lady wears one, she deserves it.

Ironically, if you eliminate their husbands from the picture, Michelle is a Princeton and Harvard grad and Melania would be on welfare.
It does seem odd that some posters are missing the point of your posting: When Ms. Obama met the Pope, Breibart got snippy with speaking of how many children could be fed on that money spent on the outfit.

With Ms. Trump, Breitbart is full of admiration; no mention of hungry children.

However, I am not surprised. Breitbart is not, of course, a legitimate news organization, but was started by the late Mr. Breitbart to be an online organ for their particular brand of 'conservatism'. Hence, whatever Obama or Clinton does, is to be condemned, while whatever Trump or Cruz does is to be commended.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:52 PM

809 posts, read 746,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Melania made some decent money as a model,
has Moochele ever had an actual job?
I don't know if you have the intelligence to watch a movie, if so, consider "Southside with You".

A KKK'er like you might actually learn something.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:

Meanwhile..

Conservatives think Michelle getting an expensive dress is welfare - but when a white lady wears one, she deserves it.

Ironically, if you eliminate their husbands from the picture, Michelle is a Princeton and Harvard grad and Melania would be on welfare.
Actually Michele always looked like she was wearing a tent. I didn't know she had expensive clothes. Do you think it's great when celebrities wear those expensive clothes? As long as I'm not paying for it, I don't care.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I never said it was acceptable..just that it doesn't hit home as well. I'm more concerned about the type so if Hilary built up a university that was fake or anything like that hell yeah that would make me rethink how I felt about her.
What you are talking about is a lot of money though but I would be moreso mad at the person who gave her the increase if anything. It's just like networking. I complain about it but I'm not so much mad at the employee as the employers themselves. The fact is Hilary does have a lot of experience so if she accepted it maybe she was able to tell herself that it's not a bad thing. I would have to know more details maybe.
Question, when a former POTUS goes somewhere to give a $500,000 speech, do you think his insight is that valuable or is it essentially buying access to the political connections of that person?

Every honest person knows it's about purchasing access. They pay the big money and then get the introductions to current politicians and government officials.

Personally, I find politicians (from both parties mind you) auctioning off access to current government officials much more offensive than a scam university where goofballs idolizing Trump believe they are buying access to NY real estate moguls.

Anybody who gives the Donald money for something like that has a few issues.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:55 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It does seem odd that some posters are missing the point of your posting: When Ms. Obama met the Pope, Breibart got snippy with speaking of how many children could be fed on that money spent on the outfit.

With Ms. Trump, Breitbart is full of admiration; no mention of hungry children.

However, I am not surprised. Breitbart is not, of course, a legitimate news organization, but was started by the late Mr. Breitbart to be an online organ for their particular brand of 'conservatism'. Hence, whatever Obama or Clinton does, is to be condemned, while whatever Trump or Cruz does is to be commended.
Sounds like you live in Fantasyland.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:56 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:

Meanwhile..

Re the bolded....the bolded is a bald faced lie.

Not one bit of the content in that Breitbart link, or any of the sub links, gives any indication that any of the authors think any outside person (anyone other than Barack or Michelle) paid for Michelle's outfit. The main point of the Breitbart article is that Michelle buying a $2300 outfit, and Reverend Wright retiring to a 10,000+ square foot house, are both hypocritical acts given the content of Wright's sermons over the years and the fact that the Obamas spent 20 years worshiping from the pews in Wright's church.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:59 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Hey, I defended Mrs. Obama, I'm going to defend Mrs. Trump from spurious, ugly, racist partisan attacks.

Seriously shame on you pack of losers, both of them are far better people than the lot of you.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:59 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,981 times
Yeah, well, they're rich. Maybe you've heard.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
I actually like most of Melania's outfits here. Very nice. As long as she is the one paying, no problem here.

Michelle was always classy...always. People were critical of her because she was accomplished, intelligent, attractive and traditional and they couldn't take that from her...

Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I actually like most of Melania's outfits here. Very nice. As long as she is the one paying, no problem here.

Michelle was always classy...always. People were critical of her because she was accomplished, intelligent, attractive and traditional and they couldn't take that from her...
Saying that the election of her husband made her proud of the US for the first time pretty much alienated me forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies