Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 11:18 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Savior complex, and the soft bigotry of low expectations. All it boils down to..
Yes, on the side of the white SJW's. On the side of the minority SJW's I think it's wishful thinking and the need to be portrayed as a victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 11:25 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Savior complex, and the soft bigotry of low expectations. All it boils down to..
Yep.

They feel the need to speak for blacks and non-whites (I hate the term POC) because it makes them feel like they're saving black people because blacks aren't able to make it in this world themselves.

It's a psychological thing. These people don't have much else going on in their lives, so they make themselves feel better by supposedly being the ones of the "supreme" race to speak FOR the minorities.

In their eyes, they're saving non-white people because non-whites aren't able to make it as far as they are.

If you think about it, do you actually understand how condescending and racist...that actually is?

And good luck to any black people who speak out against the SJW cause. They will go on the attack in a split second.

But if you're black and agree with the white SJW logic, you'll be the voice of the group in no time.

Seriously, it's one of the most backwards racist things out there and many people don't see it.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:32 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes, on the side of the white SJW's. On the side of the minority SJW's I think it's wishful thinking and the need to be portrayed as a victim.
Yin/Yang.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:35 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,132,994 times
The way the President caved in to many of their demands is astonishing. So far he's not fired the "racist" professor. And in terms of having an equity/multicultural center, in theory that's okay. Lots of college campuses have a black student union and an Asian student union. To me it's sad that people can't mix together, but that's how it is. I really haven't heard any examples of how things are inequitable/racist---still waiting.

But I chuckled at how at every college event in the future, they will start off by acknowledging that the land the college is on was stolen from Native Americans. I'm sure it was. The way Native Americans were treated is a disgrace. But by just rotely announcing this, how does that change anything? These students will be playing on their phones and not even hearing/processing about the stolen land. What will they be doing to help living Native Americans? And most of all, why did they choose to attend and continue to attend a school that's on sacred stolen land? Aren't they a bit complicit in this as well?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yep.

They feel the need to speak for blacks and non-whites (I hate the term POC) because it makes them feel like they're saving black people because blacks aren't able to make it in this world themselves.

It's a psychological thing. These people don't have much else going on in their lives, so they make themselves feel better by supposedly being the ones of the "supreme" race to speak FOR the minorities.

In their eyes, they're saving non-white people because non-whites aren't able to make it as far as they are.

If you think about it, do you actually understand how condescending and racist...that actually is?

And good luck to any black people who speak out against the SJW cause. They will go on the attack in a split second.

But if you're black and agree with the white SJW logic, you'll be the voice of the group in no time.

Seriously, it's one of the most backwards racist things out there and many people don't see it.
Ever seen this? I SO wanted to believe it was satire, but sadly it's not lol.. They are dead serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCVHB68cuY&t=9s

Old 05-31-2017, 11:49 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Free speech is a thing of the past...
It is fast becoming that, at least to some of these people.

Reminds me of this from a couple of weeks ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I was watching various Youtube vids the other day and there were some interviews on the Berkeley campus. One guy explained that free speech had its role in the past and it was useful as it led to us looking at all the ideas and figuring out the right direction for society to take and figuring out the truth and stuff. But free speech has served its purpose and is obsolete now as it can only be used to detract from the correct path through the use of hate, misinformation, and attempts to stir up trouble.

It struck me as the clearest explanation I've ever heard for why the 16-24 year olds who are against free speech feel that way. Horribly misguided, but quite clear. Next stop: banning free speech.
The main fear here is a) these regressive ideas spread, become more widespread both in terms of the population and what elements of society and life they infect... b) the people who espouse them acquire actual economic and political power to enact their vision of retributive identity-based social justice and revisionism... c) and they gain access to transformative technologies of the future such as artificial general super-intelligence, mind-reading, smart dust surveillance etc.

--------------------------------------

I think when people started having trophy children -- boutique luxury kids -- because they wanted to have *children* (who would look so precious in those matching pajamas from Hanna Andersson, and fill those extra rooms in their cathedral-style homes) rather than raise *adults* -- and they sought to keep them sheltered and protected and coddled and infantilized -- that was where we started going wrong.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 05-31-2017 at 12:07 PM..

Old 05-31-2017, 12:05 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Ever seen this? I SO wanted to believe it was satire, but sadly it's not lol.. They are dead serious.

Yup. Remember this?

White Liberal Protester to Black Cop: You Don’t Understand Racism

Here's a transcript:
White Liberal Protester to Black Cop: You Don’t Understand Racism

She says “you are kept down by your race even if you won’t accept it! It is a fact of life! You’re a black man! You will never reach the same pinnacle as a white man in this system because you are black.”

But this is the sensitive, woke, race-aware, progressive leftist saying this.

So, to recap, if I want to treat the people I meet as *individuals* and not as mere members of this group or that group, and if I want to do what I can to have a world where *anyone* can succeed without barriers based on *merit* -- I'm a white supremacist perpetuating racism.

But if I'm yelling at a black person that he is kept down and will never succeed because of his race and furthermore he doesn't even *understand* racism -- well then I'm a race-aware post-modern darling progressive ally.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:07 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:

Yep. That's how some of them think. It's insane. Sadly, many people don't even see this and how degrading it is.

And lol yep. Just saw that Nepenthe posted the same video I just posted. But that's how they are. That video is truly insane and gives you an insight of how these people really think. The worst part is the black dude next to her who's cheering her on like she's doing something great when she's basically saying "you're below me, but cheer me on cause I'm right and I KNOW I'm right!"

Last edited by sonnymarkjiz; 05-31-2017 at 12:17 PM..

Old 05-31-2017, 02:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
Quote:
Anybody catch this? At the 3:38 mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO1agIlLlhg

That poor girl is barely reading on a 4th or 5th grade level. WTF kind of "college" is this?
Oh geez! I had lots of 2nd graders who could read better than that and they were all LEPs (limited english proficient). Heck, the newspaper is written at 5th grade level, but then I doubt that girl reads newspapers.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Oh geez! I had lots of 2nd graders who could read better than that and they were all LEPs (limited english proficient). Heck, the newspaper is written at 5th grade level, but then I doubt that girl reads newspapers.
I honestly wonder if anybody else sees - or even cares that that girl can't ****ing read, other than all us bigotnaziracists?

She is going to be out in the real world soon with a completely worthless diploma from her oh, so progressive little school. And without the ability TO READ AT AN ADULT LEVEL, she is going to find the world is a very hard, nasty, and cruel place. She's going to have much bigger problems than whatever social justice outrage of the moment that she thinks she's fighting against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies