Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 04:02 AM

421 posts, read 287,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You must have taken a wrong turn in the pets sub-forum to end up in P&OC.

Go up three blocks, take a right and then your first left.
How does this add to the forum?

Old 05-27-2017, 06:04 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,388,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sunday View Post
How does this add to the forum?
'Bout like your comment (if it's not your kid....) did. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:56 AM

421 posts, read 287,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
'Bout like your comment (if it's not your kid....) did. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

No ,what I said makes sense.It's not your child let the parents of the child deal with it,it's not your business.Just like response on the other post was not yours.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Id have to say yes, because with so little common sense, teaching should not be her calling.
Have to agree here. This was just dumb in this day and age.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:00 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times
Without question, yes

Old 05-27-2017, 08:26 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Probably. I get that she was trying to have it be a joke award thing, but seriously. "Most likely to be a terrorist?" How is that funny? That's a joke that works find when you're at a bar with your friends; not a classroom full of insecure 13 year olds.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Absolutely she should be fired. Especially if this is true:

Quote:
“She said that some people might get offended, but she doesn’t really care about our feelings," Lizeth said. “She was laughing about it.”
She's teaching children they can cross the line and even if it hurts or offends others, that's just too bad.

She apparently has issues that would preclude her from being a good role model/teacher for kids.

ETA: For those who read the article yesterday - has anything been edited out of it???

Old 05-27-2017, 08:56 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Do we hold this teacher to the same standard that we hold a teacher that tells a class all whites are evil? Uses the classroom to Bash our President?
I see both sides guilty of defending teachers for misdeeds depending upon if the misdeed fits their political ideal.
This teacher was wrong for they did. The question is how wrong? I see this as less offensive than teaching white people should be killed as a college professor did not so long ago. The left defended his right to freedom of speech.
I think a strong reprimand is in order, but no more.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:05 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Do we hold this teacher to the same standard that we hold a teacher that tells a class all whites are evil? Uses the classroom to Bash our President?
I see both sides guilty of defending teachers for misdeeds depending upon if the misdeed fits their political ideal.
This teacher was wrong for they did. The question is how wrong? I see this as less offensive than teaching white people should be killed as a college professor did not so long ago. The left defended his right to freedom of speech.
I think a strong reprimand is in order, but no more.
I get your point, and mostly agree. However, this incident was OBJECTIVELY WRONG. Some of the examples you give are much more subjective.

You get some snowflake Neocon who feels they are entitled to have their worldview be the only view, and who gets their feelings hurt, and feels persecuted every time they don't get their way, then it is conceivable that a teacher teaching the wrongs of slavery might be interpreted as saying all whites are evil, or a teacher saying that the actions of our current President are a good opportunity to study the separation of Power in the USA, and some wing-nut parent thinks it's bashing.

^^That is different than "most likely to become a terrorist". In today's world of self-projecting snowflake conservatives, I think it's hard to tell when something is over the line, verses when someone's narcissistic radar had a false alarm because facts hit a little too close to home.

Not saying YOU are a snowflake (not saying you aren't). Just saying it's the environment we live in...

Last edited by Myghost; 05-27-2017 at 09:18 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 09:18 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I get your point, and mostly agree. However, this incident was OBJECTIVELY WRONG. Some of the examples you give are much more subjective.

You get some snowflake Neocon who feels they are entitled to have the worldview be the only view, and who gets their feelings hurt, and feels persecuted every time they don't get their way, then it is conceivable that a teacher teaching the wrongs of slavery might be interpreted as saying all whites are evil, or a teacher saying that the actions of our current President are a good opportunity to study the separation of Power in the USA, and some wing-nut parent thinks it's bashing.

^^That is different than "most likely to become a terrorist". In today's world of self-projecting snowflake conservatives, I think it's hard to tell when something is over the line, verses when someone's narcissistic radar had a false alarm because facts hit a little too close to home.

Not saying YOU are a snowflake (not saying you aren't). Just saying it's the environment we live in...
People get butt hurt over anything and everything these days. Why? Because they are programed to. The everyone deserves a trophy mentality.
I see college professors get away with a lot that most of us would never consider doing or saying. We get fired for such things.
That isn't snow flake, that is a fact.
This teacher definitely screwed up. The question is how bad was the incident? She wouldn't get fired for it where I work. She would get a rip. Saying all white people should be killed? Yeah that would get you sent home.
I personally have no issue with the examples you provided. Those aren't bad things to teach. That said we have seen a good many college professors of late spouting fairly extreme rants and they don't as much as receive a reprimand.
We create our environment. That is the one power man has above all other animals. The current environment is to get butt hurt over anything and everything we disagree with.
Look at how many people called anyone who disagreed with Obama a racist. Many were in fact racist, but disagreed for political reasons. Against Hillary? You must be sexist. No she is a liar and fraud. I was against both Hillary and Trump for pretty much the same reasons. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies