Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 07:49 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times

Advertisements

Things like dumping a sitting President don't happen overnight, it takes time and a lot of people getting on board with it. Trump has certainly laid some important ground work to getting rid of him, and if significant facts come out in the Russian mess, it will further that cause.

One thing about Donald Trump is that he is consistent. From Jan 20 on, he has been screwing up majorly weekly, and I see no end in sight to his stupidity. All we have to do is sit back and let him put the noose around his own neck, and his own party will begin to see the dangers of hanging onto him. He is a 70 year old man who has never had to play by any rules, and he will break enough of them that he will become a liability to the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 07:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Just my opinion, but I think that this reality show is slated to be running until it is officially cancelled in November of 2020. So those who don't like it might as well learn to deal with it. Otherwise it is going to be a long, miserable wait.
It stays in syndication until 2021.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Things like dumping a sitting President don't happen overnight, it takes time and a lot of people getting on board with it. Trump has certainly laid some important ground work to getting rid of him, and if significant facts come out in the Russian mess, it will further that cause.

One thing about Donald Trump is that he is consistent. From Jan 20 on, he has been screwing up majorly weekly, and I see no end in sight to his stupidity. All we have to do is sit back and let him put the noose around his own neck, and his own party will begin to see the dangers of hanging onto him.
Be careful. You can develop serious joint issues crossing those fingers so hard.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:53 PM

800 posts, read 508,516 times
Liberals are already not "putting up with Trump", but remain in the white house he will regardless of their hysteria. I predict Trump for 3.5 more years. He will not run for re-election, though he will claim that he would have won in a landslide if he had run again (its ok, we still love him). He'll be followed by another Republican president for 8 years. With Republican majorities in the house and senate the whole time.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Dems never worshiped Hillary. Obama had a cult following and that was understandable given the circumstances. You may not have liked some of his liberal policies and attitude but he was not a traitor to this country.

I really think Trump could declare himself dictator and suspend democracy and his supporters would be saying something like "well, it will just be temporary. We have to do this to truly drain the swamp." That's how bad this is.
I agree. I'm not saying all Trump supporters are ignorant, but I've met many people who are clueless and only believe email rumors and stories on sites like Infowars and Brietbart. They don't even check facts and, when undeniable proof is right in front of them, they cry "fake news." Actually, the word I've heard more often than that is bull****.

It's like telling someone it's raining today and a Trump supporter says that's fake news, so you drag him outside in the rain and, even after his clothes are soaking wet, he looks straight at you and shouts "Bull****! You can't trust the liberal media!"

Old 05-26-2017, 07:56 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
If he would at least act competent from this day forward, no doubt he would serve his full term. As don1945 said though, with it getting worse and worse almost daily, it's just a matter of time before he puts his own head in the noose. Is he going to have to hastily use nuclear weapons? Is it going to take a loss of confidence in the U.S. which causes a dollar collapse and a depression? Is it going to happen when one day we wake up and there are Russian troops on the ground in the US? Will even that be enough?

Old 05-26-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Liberals are already not "putting up with Trump", but remain in the white house he will. I predict Trump for 3.5 more years. He will not run for re-election. He'll be followed by another Republican president for 8 years. With Republican majorities in the house and senate the whole time.
It will depend upon how this Russian investigation turns out.

If the Dems end up with a lot of egg on their faces, another Republican could win in 2020.

However, if the investigation even turns out showing no proof against Trump, but still lingering questions, I think it's still a hard row for the GOP unless the DNC steps in it again.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:57 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Just my opinion, but I think that this reality show is slated to be running until it is officially cancelled in November of 2020. So those who don't like it might as well learn to deal with it. Otherwise it is going to be a long, miserable wait.
Even failed reality shows need their critics.

...though your point is well taken.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:57 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It stays in syndication until 2021.
Nobody watches at the end as it is sort of "Darn, they have already showed that episode twice and I didn't care for it the first time".

Old 05-26-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If he would at least act competent from this day forward, no doubt he would serve his full term. As don1945 said though, with it getting worse and worse almost daily, it's just a matter of time before he puts his own head in the noose. Is he going to have to hastily use nuclear weapons? Is it going to take a loss of confidence in the U.S. which causes a dollar collapse and a depression? Is it going to happen when one day we wake up and there are Russian troops on the ground in the US? Will even that be enough?
In reality, the only thing getting worse and worse are the rumors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies