Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 11:38 PM

38,623 posts, read 26,296,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Are you for real? Have you not been watching the news or are you on of those who believe all negative news about Trump is fake news?

Trump is committing crimes against Americans as we speak by putting corporate interests above American interests, by scr*wing the poor, elderly, women and disabled with his so-called health care reform which is supposed to be so magically less expensive and cover everyone, by going back on his promises to make America great again.... We are currently the laughingstock of the world and the people who have most to gain under his policies are corporations, the rich and Russia!

Doesn't have to be "crimes".

One specific crime will do just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 11:45 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,507,771 times
President Donald Trump will be in office until January 2025, then President Ivanka Trump will take over until 2033. But, please, enjoy your little political wet dreams....

Next.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:01 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,262,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey
OK, what specific crime has been committed and what proof is there that Trump did anything illegal or even unethical?
Enough to warrant an FBI investigation. Crooked Donald, lock him up! Lock him up! Lol.

Last edited by Eli34; 05-27-2017 at 12:36 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 12:08 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,461,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Doesn't have to be "crimes".

One specific crime will do just fine.
Well admitting to obstructing justice in an interview should be enough. Even Nixon wasn't that dumb. As in Watergate it wasn't the initial crime but the subsequent coverup that brought down enough heat that his rebub backers in congress couldn't continue their support. Nixon resigned before the impeachment could be voted on. If the current crop of repubs stick their fingers in the wind and decide that enough of their seats might be in serious jeopardy come the mid-terms then you might see some movement toward a bi-partisan impeachment in the house. Barring that the Donald will continue to bumble his way along until his term is up. If the repubs want to have any sort of agenda of theirs pass they better get it done quickly as they could very well be out of one if not both of their majorities in congress come the mid-terms.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:11 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,773,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Enough to warrant an FBI investigation. Crooked Donald, lock him up! Lol.
Remember just 7 months ago? Merely being under an FBI investigation was enough to make a person unfit to hold office. Now, nobody cares!

Old 05-27-2017, 12:20 AM

39,034 posts, read 27,446,042 times
well, as a Christian, I don't want to see Pence as a president. I think he would put his religious morals ahead of practical governance.

So be careful what you wish for.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, as a Christian, I don't want to see Pence as a president. I think he would put his religious morals ahead of practical governance.

So be careful what you wish for.
Like I've said before, I am not sure that Pence isn't going down with this ship depending on what he knew. I really think the damage Pence could do would do less overall harm and be more easily repairable than what Trump might do. Something like laws discriminating against LGBT people will be overturned in court and if somehow they survive, will be reversed next time a Democrat is in office. I think that's a price we might have to pay to get somebody competent into the office. That is, unless he is dirty too which I think is very possible. In that case, we'll get Ryan, who wouldn't be great but a step up from Pence and a huge step up from Trump.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:30 AM

39,034 posts, read 27,446,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Like I've said before, I am not sure that Pence isn't going down with this ship depending on what he knew. I really think the damage Pence could do would do less overall harm and be more easily repairable than what Trump might do. Something like laws discriminating against LGBT people will be overturned in court and if somehow they survive, will be reversed next time a Democrat is in office. I think that's a price we might have to pay to get somebody competent into the office. That is, unless he is dirty too which I think is very possible. In that case, we'll get Ryan, who wouldn't be great but a step up from Pence and a huge step up from Trump.
I think Pence is just a better looking Trump with good manners. Not saying either one of them is bad, but Pence has the same social agenda.

I wouldn't mind Ryan, but it is impossible that we can impeach both President and vice President at the same time, so we will end up with Pence. (not like it is a bad outcome, but nothing much will change or improve)

Old 05-27-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think Pence is just a better looking Trump with good manners. Not saying either one of them is bad, but Pence has the same social agenda.

I wouldn't mind Ryan, but it is impossible that we can impeach both President and vice President at the same time, so we will end up with Pence. (not like it is a bad outcome, but nothing much will change or improve)
I think plenty will change with Pence. We will still have the Trump agenda, but we won't be alienating our allies and I think he could restore some big of confidence in the functionality of DC. Right now, it's such a circus nobody can take it seriously anymore.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:37 AM

13 posts, read 11,458 times
Some of these post has to be fake. Nobody is that gullible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies