Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 10:55 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,836,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said people should be jailed for spouting racial slurs.

Still waiting.

Like I said, you don't have any specific examples or anything of substance to back up. We are literally seeing the potential consequence of ignoring this kind of public behavior and two innocent people died because of it.
Actually in this case it should have been ignored.

Whack jobs ranting about anything is pretty common on urban public transportation and it's always a bad idea to engage them or argue.

I say this as someone who travels almost exclusively via public transportation.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:57 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
And I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said people should be jailed for spouting racial slurs.

Still waiting.

You are lying. I showed you exactly such. You want people "punished" for such. If you make such unlawful, the natural progression is jail for not complying.

Stop being obtuse, you know darn well what I meant.

Quote:
Like I said, you don't have any specific examples or anything of substance to back up. We are literally seeing the potential consequence of ignoring this kind of public behavior and two innocent people died because of it. You know it, know you were wrong and don't have any type of thoughtful response, so you throw out random names to make yourself look "right".

Ironically, calling anyone you don't agree with a fascist, your favorite word, contradicts everything you rant and rave about.

No doubt the tactics of those with intellectual shortcomings.

You are a lying. Typical of you people.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:58 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
Actually in this case it should have been ignored.

Whack jobs ranting about anything is pretty common on urban public transportation and it's always a bad idea to engage them or argue.

I say this as someone who travels almost exclusively via public transportation.
He is lying, he was shown in a previous thread exactly his positions faults. He wants there to be punishment for free speech. This is his own words.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:01 AM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is the kind of hatred we need to stop folks.
It sounds like this guy was just plain crazy, but I disagree with your general point.

Natives have every right to hate invaders, and the way to stop it is to stop the invasion.

Stop forcing people to share their homeland and live with people they don't want to live with.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:07 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
"anti muslim attacker cuts 2 peoples throats who were trying to stop the bullying of two muslim woman."

According to the police, he was anti muslim and anti other religions as well. Convicted felon, prison gang, can't own a gun or vote = loser. A week or so ago, a woman was stabbed on the MAX, think they caught him too. I'd be calling Uber.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:15 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is the kind of hatred we need to stop folks. This is why the culture of hatred so many here try to encourage is bad.

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train - Willamette Week

I live here. I've ridden that max.
OMG that's awful. It's almost as bad as this one time when I woke up to a plane crashing into the world trade center.

It was probably a Trump supporter, but my Lybtard professors in college taught me that it's not right to generalize, so I'm going to call him a lone wolf.......is that kewl?

Old 05-27-2017, 11:23 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A guy named "Christian" did it?!

This is a TV drama villain, straight from central casting, come to real life.

Man jailed in Multnomah County on suspicion of aggravated, attempted murder | OregonLive.com
If he had a buzz cut, I'd have mixed him up with my high school gym teacher, who was quite a weird man; racist too. Kept accusing me of being a gypsy, even though I repeatedly told him I wasn't of Roma origin.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:38 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
He was exercising his freedom of speech and got jumped by three very angry SJWs. He was forced to defend himself.

eyewitness account:

Evelin Hernandez, a 38-year-old Clackamas resident, said she was on the train when the man began making racist remarks to the young women. Some men tried to quiet him, she said, and he stabbed them.

2 killed in stabbing on MAX train in Northeast Portland as man directs slurs at Muslim women, police say | OregonLive.com

Old 05-27-2017, 11:47 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you more sympathetic to Muslims who hate? It sounds like it.
More nonsense from Mr nonsense guy. Nice how folks turn this into a excuse to try And justify their hatred. And add In some personal attacks to boot.

Sometimes this forum disgusts me

Old 05-27-2017, 11:47 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
And to add:

This poster's logic:

ND Grads thread: ND graduates that walked out on Pence because they don't like him and don't agree with his ideology = fascists who are intolerant of other world views. And if you disagree, you're a fascist.

This thread: Guy berates two Muslims because he doesn't like Muslims a//www.city-data.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=48300559nd doesn't agree with their ideology = his right, freedom and liberty ( ). And if you disagree, you're a fascist.
Excellent observation!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies