Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 05:18 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
You attend for 1/6 of the day...
LOL! I couldn't rep you again but...no doubt that they would come up with something like that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 05:23 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
"shrieks" ?

As in "City data poster shrieks that students are angry"?

Why anyone thinks that the vast majority of humans , no matter whether students or Trump rally goers are not ignorant , uninformed buffoons is surprising.

This is a SAD and transparent attempt to attack Universities due to the right's view that they are too liberal. Guessing the OP never finished college?
Portals of social justice, formerly called universities, are the exempt big business democrats and liberals never criticize.

Almost daily examples of university endorsed insanity is apparent to everyone except for over the rainbow liberals who honestly are self imposed prisoners in their ivory tower, feeding off government grants.

Sorry, but this latest example of liberal tolerance far excedes any interpretation that even the stunted might muster.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:25 PM

345 posts, read 249,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

If you ask me, blame goes to the assorted studies professors who need all this strife to further their own careers.

You know, that's a damn good point and one I had never thought of.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It seems like most of the mentally insane liberals are white.
True, the blacks involved in these university protests are not liberals in any sense of the word. Their MO has been to instigate some controversy, find a target for accusations of racism, make noise, threaten, intimidate, post demands and get concessions that increase the presence, influence and deference shown to black people on their campus. From a race power point of view their actions are rational and effective.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well...what about people like me? What do I do? I'm half Hispanic and on the Hispanic side I have white, black and Native American Indian blood in me. Does that mean I get to stay on campus or do I have to leave for the day?

Those fools on that campus think it's all black or white and nothing in-between.
The organizers of the "Day of Absence" state that mixed race people can attend either of the segregated events as they wish, but I imagine you'd have a problem if you tried to join the non-white event looking like a generic white guy.

Day of Absence & Day of Presence | The Evergreen State College

Old 05-28-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I know Weinstein supported the "assault on civility" of Occupy Wall Street. https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...ccupying-power

I saw that "assault on civility" first hand as I had to walk by that little park several times and actually talked to some of the Wall Street occupiers. It was widely reported that the occupiers were urinating and defecating in front of people's homes and businesses, beating drums disturbing people trying to work or sleep, among other uncivil actions, if you'd like to look the press about this up. But hey, the urine and feces piles and endless drumbeating at all hours of the day and night weren't affecting Bret's house or in his classroom only other people's peace in their homes or body waste piled at other people's places of business.
Thanks for that info. Still, I want to give Weinstein credit in this case for doing the right thing and taking a stand despite the personal costs.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:15 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
"shrieks" ?

As in "City data poster shrieks that students are angry"?

Why anyone thinks that the vast majority of humans , no matter whether students or Trump rally goers are not ignorant , uninformed buffoons is surprising.

This is a SAD and transparent attempt to attack Universities due to the right's view that they are too liberal. Guessing the OP never finished college?

Sorry but we have an outright crisis at our institutions of higher learning right now. I graduated in 2010 and this wouldn't have happened then. Political correctness, outrage culture, and liberal purism have become a new religion. It's gotten into witch hunt territory. And the election of Trump is only going to make it worse.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
I worked with a man whose son attended Evergreen and when he came back from a weekend visit, he told a couple of us that after meeting his friends he learned it's a school filled with stoners who couldn't make it in a traditional college and this was their last hope of getting any kind of a degree. He sounded forlorn when he said, "I just hope he finishes this time." (he did finish)

So now you know what we're talking about. Not too bright, not very committed, and stoned.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:44 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Thanks for that info. Still, I want to give Weinstein credit in this case for doing the right thing and taking a stand despite the personal costs.
In my opinion, Weinstein only took a stand against Leftist tactics when they affected him personally. He whined to Fox when the Leftists turned on him and could affect his livelihood. I have no respect for the guy. He seemed to think he was immune and would get a pass from the Leftists. He seemed shocked when he wasn't given that pass.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-28-2017 at 08:28 PM..

Old 05-28-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
In my opinion, Weinstein only took a stand against Leftist tactics when they affected him personally.
The whole thing started with his email objecting to the Day of Absence on principle and stating his intention not to go along. Had he not sent it there would have been no controversy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies