Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 10:09 AM

13,636 posts, read 21,464,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
More Americans are buried alive than are killed by terrorism. What I am about to say is going to be misconstrued by the right wingers here, so I invite you to read the whole post and consider it for at least five seconds before you start coming up with names to call me. But the whole argument about national security and securing our borders is largely tools to get votes and divide us as a nation.

Yes, there are bad people out there who want to do harm to good people. Manchester is the most recent example of that. 9/11 is the example everyone thinks off. Those people who died that day are used for just about every bad policy argument that gets the light of day in Washington. Where I live, I am far more likely to be killed by a meth head's house being blown up than by terrorism. We're all more likely to be killed in a car wreck than by terrorism.

So politicians get to fool you and use you with talk about "securing our borders" which is really more about securing their votes on Election Day more than anything. Use common sense with border patrol and national security. Stop strip searching Grandma when she flies off to see her grandkids. Stop scaring well meaning Americans into thinking that any brown person they see on the streets means to do us harm

Oh, this is the link about being "buried alive." I'm sure it's just more liberal lies.

You're More Likely to Die Choking Than Be Killed by Foreign Terrorists, Data Show - NBC News

I don't read many reports of someone choking but I read constant reports of Islamic terrorists attacks. So how about that?

Why is it a nation with 5% or 10% of Christians or Budahists sees no terrorist by them but a muslim nation with 10% of Christians reports constant attacks on Christians? Why is it a nation with 5% or 10% of muslims like England or France has constant muslim terrorist attacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 10:18 AM

15,291 posts, read 7,802,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
More gays are killed by lightning than by hate crimes but we pass special laws to protect them....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
More people are killed in auto crashes than are killed by murderers ---> therefore we should excuse murderers.
Yes, daddy, I knocked little Sarah's two front teeth out. But Billy gave her a concussion and cracked three of her ribs, therefore I should be excused.

Gotta love Liberal Logic.
I have to hand it to you guys taking the time to provide analogies and rebut an argument this stupid.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:20 AM

15,687 posts, read 10,485,337 times
Just yesterday, Homeland Security Chief John Kelly said that if we knew what he did about current terrorist threats we wouldn't leave our house. Muslims are at war with us, and to pretend otherwise is delusional.

DHS chief: If you knew what I knew about terror, you

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly on Friday said the terror threat is worse than most realize, saying some people would "never leave the house" if they knew the truth.

“I was telling [Fox host] Steve [Doocy] on the way in here, if he knew what I knew about terrorism, he’d never leave the house in the morning,” Kelly*said on “Fox & Friends.”

He noted there were four major terror attacks in the last week — in England, Egypt, the Philippines and Indonesia — "by generally the same groups."

It’s everywhere. It’s constant. It’s nonstop. The good news for us in America is we have amazing people protecting us every day. But it can happen here almost anytime.”

Old 05-27-2017, 10:27 AM

15,783 posts, read 9,636,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Thousands of people are killed every year by people using guns. And we're worried about terrorists?
That's not what I said either. We should be worried about terrorists. We should be doing everything within reason to make sure we are fighting terrorism. You folks keep trying to say those who feel like I do are saying tings we simply are not saying. What you're implying I mean is akin to saying since you're more likely to die in a car wreck, the police should not investigate murders. But, well frankly, that's an asinine statement. What I'm saying is that since murders kill fewer people than car wrecks, don't be so afraid of getting murdered that it sucks all the reason for living out of you.

Fight terrorism. Fight terrorists. But don't let it consume you or consume the country that we forget why we're fighting in the first place.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Just yesterday, Homeland Security Chief John Kelly said that if we knew what he did about current terrorist threats we wouldn't leave our house. Muslims are at war with us, and to pretend otherwise is delusional.

DHS chief: If you knew what I knew about terror, you

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly on Friday said the terror threat is worse than most realize, saying some people would "never leave the house" if they knew the truth.
Fear mongering.

Terrorism is using violence, fear or threats to intimidate people for political purposes. That quote at it's most basic level does just that. He's essentially "fighting" terror..... with terror. It's either a misguided attempt to get his point across or he's trying to scare the hell out of us for no real good.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:38 AM

6,842 posts, read 2,870,521 times
Quote:
More Americans are buried alive than are killed by terrorism. What I am about to say is going to be misconstrued by the right wingers here, so I invite you to read the whole post and consider it for at least five seconds before you start coming up with names to call me. But the whole argument about national security and securing our borders is largely tools to get votes and divide us as a nation.

Yes, there are bad people out there who want to do harm to good people. Manchester is the most recent example of that. 9/11 is the example everyone thinks off. Those people who died that day are used for just about every bad policy argument that gets the light of day in Washington. Where I live, I am far more likely to be killed by a meth head's house being blown up than by terrorism. We're all more likely to be killed in a car wreck than by terrorism.

So politicians get to fool you and use you with talk about "securing our borders" which is really more about securing their votes on Election Day more than anything. Use common sense with border patrol and national security. Stop strip searching Grandma when she flies off to see her grandkids. Stop scaring well meaning Americans into thinking that any brown person they see on the streets means to do us harm

Oh, this is the link about being "buried alive." I'm sure it's just more liberal lies.

You're More Likely to Die Choking Than Be Killed by Foreign Terrorists, Data Show - NBC News
This a great post Joe. Thank you.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:38 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,848,232 times
Quote:

I wonder if the people who were killed by terrorist thought it only happened to the other guy, never them.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:39 AM

26,345 posts, read 19,240,342 times
Bottom line is, if you keep excusing these people, they are going to have your head at the top of a pole one day. They've been looking forward to that day for over a thousand years. You are playing footsy; they are serious. You will lose, or rather, I should say, WE will lose because of people like you. So just keep trying to pet the tiger.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I wonder if the people who were killed by terrorist thought it only happened to the other guy, never them.
Maybe. I never said terrorism never happened. Pretty sure the folks buried alive never thought it could happen to them either. I'm not sure what your point is though since I clearly acknowledge terrorism is a problem to contend with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Bottom line is, if you keep excusing these people, they are going to have your head at the top of a pole one day. They've been looking forward to that day for over a thousand years. You are playing footsy; they are serious. You will lose, or rather, I should say, WE will lose because of people like you. So just keep trying to pet the tiger.
Again, who is excusing them? Who is saying not to fight them?

Old 05-27-2017, 10:43 AM

15,687 posts, read 10,485,337 times
Quote:
Fear mongering.

Terrorism is using violence, fear or threats to intimidate people for political purposes. That quote at it's most basic level does just that. He's essentially "fighting" terror..... with terror. It's either a misguided attempt to get his point across or he's trying to scare the hell out of us for no real good.
"Fear mongering" is your opinion.

In my opinion, I am comforted that we now finally have a man in charge who takes these Muslim extremists, their attacks, and the security of American citizens seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies