Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 09:11 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times

Advertisements

More Americans are buried alive than are killed by terrorism. What I am about to say is going to be misconstrued by the right wingers here, so I invite you to read the whole post and consider it for at least five seconds before you start coming up with names to call me. But the whole argument about national security and securing our borders is largely tools to get votes and divide us as a nation.

Yes, there are bad people out there who want to do harm to good people. Manchester is the most recent example of that. 9/11 is the example everyone thinks off. Those people who died that day are used for just about every bad policy argument that gets the light of day in Washington. Where I live, I am far more likely to be killed by a meth head's house being blown up than by terrorism. We're all more likely to be killed in a car wreck than by terrorism.

So politicians get to fool you and use you with talk about "securing our borders" which is really more about securing their votes on Election Day more than anything. Use common sense with border patrol and national security. Stop strip searching Grandma when she flies off to see her grandkids. Stop scaring well meaning Americans into thinking that any brown person they see on the streets means to do us harm

Oh, this is the link about being "buried alive." I'm sure it's just more liberal lies.

You're More Likely to Die Choking Than Be Killed by Foreign Terrorists, Data Show - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 09:15 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
There's more $$$ to be made selling anti-terrorist programs than most if not all anti-___________ programs.

As always, 'follow the $$$' is sage advice.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:20 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
More Americans are bored by this silly game than are killed by terrorists.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:24 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times
You're more likely to die of a treatable illness because you couldn't afford treatment/ health insurance than to be killed by terrorism.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:31 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
More people are killed in auto crashes than are killed by murderers ---> therefore we should excuse murderers.

Yes, daddy, I knocked little Sarah's two front teeth out. But Billy gave her a concussion and cracked three of her ribs, therefore I should be excused.

Gotta love Liberal Logic.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:31 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
More gays are killed by lightning than by hate crimes but we pass special laws to protect them....

Old 05-27-2017, 09:32 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
You're more likely to die of a treatable illness because you couldn't afford treatment/ health insurance than to be killed by terrorism.
Not to worry, obamacare is being replaced

Old 05-27-2017, 09:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Not to worry, obamacare is being replaced
Obama care made it to expensive to use your insurance. lol Those hidden costs are a killer.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:34 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Terrorism sells.

Why do you think CBS or whoever it is does a ****ing all day long tribute to 9/11 every year? It's disguised as patriotism, but it's really just mindless nationalism and an effort to sell explosions. 9/11 has been ingrained into the American psyche; worshiping it like it's a god is basically a form of patriotism, and even me saying this would be me in trouble with a lot of people on Facebook. But let's be real, the mark of patriotism isn't painting your dick red, white, and blue every September. I will not be bullied into thinking it is. The event was tragic; whoring it out is an insult to the memory of those who died, both in the event, and in the aftermath of the so called 'War on Terror.'

The threat of terrorism is real, but it's also exaggerated. Most people have never even witnessed a terror attack. And rather than acknowledging how good most of us have it, we start spitting at each other. Another poster literally called the OP a moron, a move that will go unpunished becasue the OP was a more "liberal" voice (I'm directing that at one mod in particularly; you know who you are). And I don't think it needs to be; it should be put on a pedestal. Not because the OP is a moron, but becasue it shows that real patriotism is dead. He just loves America so much that anyone who even slightly disagrees with the common narrative must be a moron. God forbid more than two opinions exist in the world. Being an American patriot is believing in a persons right to voice their concerns without fear of being called un-American. It is not hanging a flag form your pickup truck.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:35 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
None of which changes the fact that this game is designed to minimize the threat of terrorism to this country.
No one is trying to minimize the terrorist threat to this country. It's obviously a real threat. No one could possibly deny that. But the fear that is being packaged to well-meaning people by career politicians that every brown person who tries to come to this country means to do us harm is hurting this country as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies