Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 07:32 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times

Advertisements

I live in downtown Phila. Far enough from the ghetto's and drug related murders. City life is good for me and my wife, but may not be for others. Take a city like Baltimore. If you watched the show "The Wire", with all them ghetto's and vacant houses I would have no problem living in the harbor area of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 07:41 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Fear and ignorance: check, check.
Pearl clutching and hyperbole, check and check.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
If you live in a Democrat city, it bad. Very bad!
No it isn't.

My Democratic city is safe, sunny and scenic.

The property taxes are outrageous, but that's mostly due to state laws. Here in TX, no income tax means sky high property tax.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:48 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Liberals love to bash the US as "backwards" when it comes to comparisons with predominately white European countries.

Liberals love to defend places like Chicago as dangerous "only in certain [black] areas".

I'm more middle than liberal, but how about certain gang-infested areas, which is what I wrote?

Or do you think gangs are always black? Anyone with half a brain living in Chicago knows this despite their political affiliation.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:39 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
There is more to whether a city is run by Democrats or Republicans. For example, from the 2010 census, I gleaned the following numbers for many of the cities mentioned above. While some were mentioned as safe, some are generally considered safe depending on which part of the city you are in.

Cities described as warzones:

Detroit 10.6
Baltimore 29.6
Patterson 34.7
Newark 26.3

Cities described as not being war zones:

Seattle 69.5
Phoenix 65.9
San Francisco 48.5
Boston 53.9
Charlotte 50
Houston 50.5

Cities usually described as both (area dependent):

Philadelphia 41.0
Chicago 45
New York 44
Los Angeles 49.8

I am only reporting the data I found, because I was curious. I am not making a statement. If you want to know what the numbers represent, look them up yourself.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:43 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
To it's the liberal sides fault for all of the big city issues. It has nothing to do with large per sq mile population, or that with all those people is diversity which can breed clashes. Nope, the Dems did it. Oh brother.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Chicago is a great city - so much fun, free museums, excellent shopping, great places to eat. Michigan Avenue! The lake path!

Stay out of Englewood and the South side tho.
Most violence in Chicago is concentrated in 5/25 police districts.

Chicago has the third most hotel rooms in the US after Orlando and Las Vegas. The average room rate is about $250/ night. Last year, Chicago received 51.1 million overnight visitors. They come for business, conventions, sporting events, the lake, music, museums, gardens, parks, shopping and FOOD.

One of seven US Trump hotels is located in Chicago. It houses one of several top rated Michelen restaurants, Sixteen.

Not bad for " a war zone", eh.

Last month 2 people were shot and killed at a public memorial service for another, who had been shot and killed. What some media did not know or failed to report was that this was a street gang memorial which taunted ( double dare ya) rival gangs on social media. No innocents were killed. That's not always the case.

Not likely any of the 51.1 million overnight visitors or the overwhelming majority of the local population, ever visits the 5 most violent neighborhoods.

It's obvious the OP knows nothing of the cities he/ she condemns which does not prevent trolling.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:09 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I live in a Democratic county and it's good, very good.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Let me fix your post for you...
Cities are the killing fields of America. Saying Democrat run is equivalent to saying toes attached to your foot are the nastiest body part...

Saying they are and actually documenting they are, is where the tire meets the road.
Are your toes nasty?

Your toes are not making your foot stink.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:04 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Maybe when Chicago stops being a warzone, you will stop hearing "Chicago is a warzone"

Want to hold you breath while you wait?
Maybe stick to posting what you know about it. You're really bad at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Liberals love to bash the US as "backwards" when it comes to comparisons with predominately white European countries.

Liberals love to defend places like Chicago as dangerous "only in certain [black] areas".
Uh yeah, that's how it is in all cities. Certain areas or an area will have more crime than others. It's not rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Democrat run cities, are the killing fields of America.
What a though provoking post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies