Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 03:24 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most violence in Chicago is concentrated in 5/25 police districts.

Chicago has the third most hotel rooms in the US after Orlando and Las Vegas. The average room rate is about $250/ night. Last year, Chicago received 51.1 million overnight visitors. They come for business, conventions, sporting events, the lake, music, museums, gardens, parks, shopping and FOOD.

One of seven US Trump hotels is located in Chicago. It houses one of several top rated Michelen restaurants, Sixteen.

Not bad for " a war zone", eh.

Last month 2 people were shot and killed at a public memorial service for another, who had been shot and killed. What some media did not know or failed to report was that this was a street gang memorial which taunted ( double dare ya) rival gangs on social media. No innocents were killed. That's not always the case.

Not likely any of the 51.1 million overnight visitors or the overwhelming majority of the local population, ever visits the 5 most violent neighborhoods.

It's obvious the OP knows nothing of the cities he/ she condemns which does not prevent trolling.
Well said! I don't worry about being shot here, because I'm not in a gang and I don't go to the hood.

However, I do worry about minor crimes. But that's pretty much the deal in all major cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 04:35 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Uh yeah, that's how it is in all cities. Certain areas or an area will have more crime than others. It's not rocket science.
Amazing how those areas always seem to be predominately African American. I wonder if a country with far more of those areas will be negatively impacted in crime/education, etc worldwide rankings? Why turn a blind eye when asking why the US can't be more like say Denmark?

Quote:
What a though provoking post

Old 05-28-2017, 05:37 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
On the other hand, New York City is doing very well.

You can't prove your point by ONE example.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:44 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I live in Denver, a very democratic city.

Denver has the lowest unemployment in the United States and the 2nd hottest economy.
Denver is full of homeless people who haven't had a bath in a month and who sits around all day smoking pot.

In other words, democrats.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:08 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
This thread has been done a thousand times, and every single time the hand-wringing/pearl-clutching conservatives have been told what complete idiots they are. Most cities are way, way low on violent crime. For the thousandth time, compare the number of murders New York City had in 1990 and how many they had last year.
And yet panty wearing liberals keep using crime anecdotes to push for more gun laws and more restrictions on law abiding citizens. Ignore the fact that there are over 10,000,000 new guns made or imported in the US every single year and more states all the time are relaxing gun laws making it easier for people to arm themselves, none of that prevents liberals (it's ALWAYS liberals) from pushing for more "reasonable gun control" aka piecemeal bans.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:19 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Denver is full of homeless people who haven't had a bath in a month and who sits around all day smoking pot.

Way to generalize. I am a Democrat, have a good job, don't do any drugs, and am not homeless...

Old 05-28-2017, 11:59 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And yet panty wearing liberals keep using crime anecdotes to push for more gun laws and more restrictions on law abiding citizens. Ignore the fact that there are over 10,000,000 new guns made or imported in the US every single year and more states all the time are relaxing gun laws making it easier for people to arm themselves, none of that prevents liberals (it's ALWAYS liberals) from pushing for more "reasonable gun control" aka piecemeal bans.
Whereas conservatives like yourself (it's ALWAYS conservatives) are pushing laws to stop, frisk, and incarcerate Hispanics and anybody who doesn't look 'Murican.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:02 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:

Texas is full of 75 point IQ tards in ten-gallon hats who are the laughing stocks of the United States.

In other words, Repugnantcans.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:07 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
There is more to whether a city is run by Democrats or Republicans. For example, from the 2010 census, I gleaned the following numbers for many of the cities mentioned above. While some were mentioned as safe, some are generally considered safe depending on which part of the city you are in.

Cities described as warzones:

Detroit 10.6
Baltimore 29.6
Patterson 34.7
Newark 26.3

Cities described as not being war zones:

Seattle 69.5
Phoenix 65.9
San Francisco 48.5
Boston 53.9
Charlotte 50
Houston 50.5

Cities usually described as both (area dependent):

Philadelphia 41.0
Chicago 45
New York 44
Los Angeles 49.8

I am only reporting the data I found, because I was curious. I am not making a statement. If you want to know what the numbers represent, look them up yourself.
I hope you know that you posted numbers for White (including Hispanic). For example Houston is 25% White but the Hispanic population(Hispanic is an ethnicity) which makes up 45% of the city is split mostly between Other, Black and White groups meaning the remaining 25% white population is actually Hispanics who are mostly mixed, although their upwards of 50% white someone like George Lopez would fall into that category.

Also both New York City and Los Angeles are safer than Houston and Charlotte murder/shootings wise. Also because of what I mentioned earlier the only city on that list that is actually 50% white or close is Seattle with 66% white. Also the safest (non-suburb) city for murders in the U.S is the 90% Hispanic city
Of El Paso.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Chicago is a total war zone. Baltimore is a awash in drugs and gunfire, buildings have been burnt down. In LA, the MS 13 gangster and Mexican Mafia runs wild...

One example: Chicago's Deadly 2016: See It in 3 Charts | Time.com
You are basing this on a sample size of three cities?

How many cities are there in the U.S.?

How many cities in the U.S. have Democratic mayors?

I think someone doesn't get out enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies