Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 02:18 AM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Climate change is a fact, the cause is still under debate. Trump seems to deny that climate change is a fact, whereas previous governments accepted this fact and debated the cause.
Climates have always changed. The concern and alarm is due to the rapid pace at which the change is occurring. Just heard an interesting comment on this subject tonight, among other things, here:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?429082...mideast-europe

However, the foregoing link is more interesting in its panelists' observations on NATO, the G-7 Summit and Trump's overseas trip - by a conservative and liberal - both of whom are knowledgeable on the relevant issues.

Warning: viewing the above requires one's universe is based on fact, reason and logic.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:37 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What did he do that was so embarrassing. Riding the golf cart doesn't qualify. Many elderly people use scooters to get around.
I would agree, but I can't count how many times Trump said Hillary "doesn't have the stamina" to be POTUS. Anyway, as petty as it sounds, I'm sure that's why it was reported.

I really like the 2nd photo here.

[url]https://twitter.com/MillieLou5/status/868502723729256448/photo/1[/url]

It was first reported in "The London Times" as far as I know. I think this demonstrates how our allies feel about our new president.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:51 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Nope, not around here. I'm seventy and I refuse to be "elderly". Older, sure. Mature - hope so. But "elderly" doesn't kick in until around 80+.

Of course, many members of my family consistently live into their active and alert 90s, and one cousin made it to 102.

So proportionally - I'm far from "elderly", since I very likely have at least another 20 years or more to go. Maybe even 32 more, if I take after my cousin!
I agree. I'm older than ChrisC (and younger than both you and 2sleepy) and am also in decent shape (and getting better !....and I've never smoked and don't drink)...and I don't think of myself as 'old'.

Part of it is obviously genes, but I think part of it is attitude and how you take care of yourself as well.

My grandfather (mother's father) died a few months short of his 90th birthday. He didn't start calling himself old until he was 85+. He walked the UC Berkeley campus every weekday morning (unless on a trip) until he was a few months past 85. My grandmother swam in their pool until she was in her early 80s, and lived past her 90th birthday. My aunt (their daughter) is 86, and she still walks 5 miles a day.

My father played varsity basketball in high school and was a Golden Gloves boxer as well. After college, he was drafted and fought on the front lines in Korea. It was there that he started smoking and drinking. By the time he was 40, he referred to himself as 'super ancient'. I think part of that mindset came from the fact that his father (who smoke and drank, and was never an athlete) died a couple of years after he (my father) came back from Korea. My father died in his early 60s. My father's grandmother (his father's mother) was fiesty, never smoke nor drank, and lived to be 104.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:51 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
By the way, he's such a dumbass that he actually believes exercise is bad for you. This is who you elected president. Yeah.

And things like this is what really makes the Trump Zombies gnash their teeth, to have it pointed out D-A-I-L-Y what a POS they elected! HTH was anyone THAT brain-dead, to miss what they were electing?

They deserve to have their noses rubbed in it until lard-A**-President/Agent Pinocchio is out of office, so the crybabies are going to have to "Do The Time, for their Crime"!

Trump Zombies did this to America!

Old 05-28-2017, 03:07 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
https://twitter.com/MillieLou5/statu...256448/photo/1

Didn't that doctor's letter say he was the most fit president ever?

Old 05-28-2017, 03:20 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ And there it is folks.....the epitome of hypocrisy.

I_love_autumn, your past posts indicate that you believe the government should be involved to the extent that everyone should have health insurance, with the goal being people being able to be as healthy as possible. You either believe that or you don't. You claim that you do, but hoping that someone else, no matter who else, has a heart attack proves that you don't. I didn't vote for Trump either, but I'm not hoping he has a heart attack.

Well, guess you just don't LOATHE him as much as I do, however... I will be just as happy if he is taken out in handcuffs, (or if his plane goes down with him in it)!

Old 05-28-2017, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
And things like this is what
Things like this are what, not things like this is what.

Things = plural.

Therefore, are = correct, not is.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Well, guess you just don't LOATHE him as much as I do, however... I will be just as happy if he is taken out in handcuffs, (or if his plane goes down with him in it)!
Given your past posts, hoping Trump is taken out in handcuffs isn't....on it's face....hypocritical, but hoping he has a heart attack is.

Old 05-28-2017, 04:47 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Golf cart had listening devices so the private conversations of the other leaders could be heard.

Leaders drew straws to see who could ride in the cart provided by the Vatican and Trump won.

Only if we had known about Trump's health a year ago...... well even if we didn;t his poor health would have kept him from beating 16 other repubs, the dem machine and the annointed one, a media propaganda juggernaught and all of hollywood.

Trump's health would have been self limiting.

Imagine if Hillary had won and rode in that cart!! She would have been exhaulted and honored as another novelty candidate, twice winner of the popular vote, deserving of that ride. And she could have claimed she was under sniper fire...AGAIN!

Old 05-28-2017, 06:22 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Talking Face it - the 70 year olds are outpaced by Gen X leaders

Well, actually, all of them outpaced the 70 year old who had to wait for a golf cart.

"Macron appeared to form a special bond with Trudeau, with television cameras lingering on the two Generation Xers strolling down the hill conversing in French while Trump, at 70 the oldest G-7 leader, stayed behind to wait for a golf cart to give him a lift through the narrow cobbled streets"

Macron erupts on world stage with Trump snub, rapport with Canadian leader - The Boston Globe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies