Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 05:10 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times

Advertisements

There was a literal story about Hillary Clinton running a child sex trafficking ring from the basement of pizza shop. The anti-Trump crowd spams what they say, but by comparison, they're not really stretching that much. At least Putin having a video of Trump getting peed on as blackmail is possible. The ****ing pizza shop in question literally doesn't have a basement, so the absurd network of tunnels that apparently exist almost certainly don't lead to the pizza shop, at the very least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 05:11 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
This is why unfortunately Civil war is the eventual solution.

This isn't a division of people who are both desiring liberty and freedom and simply have differing opinons on how to achieve it.

This is one side who wants it (freedom) and the other who is willing to give up their own and take that of others to achieve a political system that is not free at all for the sake of hand outs.

There is only one way to deal with such people, that is forcing them to take your liberty with force and risk the consequences of such. Only then will the little babies who expect the hand outs realize that nothing in life is free, there is always payment.
That may be Bannon's intentions, but it does not need to be yours.

There are many steps short of civil war. The present divisions are nowhere as severe as they were in the 1850's, and despite your thoughts, the lasting damage of that old war have caused a deep national fear of a recurrence that has persisted through worse divisions and harder times than these.

In fact, Trump's departure could well be the first step of reconciliation. His presence has only deepened the divisions that already existed, and his failure could be the impetus for all of us to begin addressing our mutual problems out of mutual necessity.

After all, we are not our greatest foes in this world. If we begin a civil war, a true foe will run over us like a truck runs over a weak rabbit. A nation divided against itself can never defend a foe from without at the same time.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:11 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
There was a literal story about Hillary Clinton running a child sex trafficking ring from the basement of pizza shop. The anti-Trump crowd spams what they say, but by comparison, they're not really stretching that much. At least Putin having a video of Trump getting peed on as blackmail is possible. The ****ing pizza shop in question literally doesn't have a basement, so the absurd network of tunnels that apparently exist almost certainly don't lead to the pizza shop, at the very least.
Tribal mentality.

I don't doubt there is an anti-Trump bias in the media. However, right-wing media generates outright lies and conservatives eat it up.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He creates his own dirt...he's a virtual pig pen.
^ this

Trump is his own worst enemy, he is digging his own political grave. When he does down it will be because of his own actions. He should have signed off Twitter the moment he was sworn in, and he never should have played footsie with the Russians.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:14 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
And here you have it folks, proof positive of the racist, bigoted bald-faced hatred of the left for all to see in its disgusting hypocritical reality.
Ignoring the fact that nothing he said was racist, how would this one person be evident of anything more than what this one person believes? Or do you not believe individual freedom?

Old 05-27-2017, 05:18 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Tribal mentality.

I don't doubt there is an anti-Trump bias in the media.
Probably, sure. Trump created that problem.
They (the press) were eating out of his hand for a long time during the campaign, he even bragged about all the free (and un-balanced) coverage he received. but his lies were so blatant the press began reporting on the falsehoods as the news it is, then he attacks them.
Quote:
However, right-wing media generates outright lies and conservatives eat it up.
Many of the lies Trump put out had their origin in that same right-wing media. He publicly repeats the nonsense and confirms it all in the minds of some of the more gullible people.

Then we see it regurgitated right here ...

Old 05-27-2017, 07:14 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Says the man who is talking about a civil war being the only answer?

And I point out the current historical parallels. Something you are apparently unfamiliar with as you spout this nonsense. And then of course you go on a personal attack instead of talking about the topic because you got called out.

LOL.
War is the only answer in such a case.

How do you purpose to settle the dispute between the cannibal and non-cannibal? Any compromise by the non-cannibal results in them being a meal for the cannibal.

This is the essence of our position here. You are a progressive, you do not respect individual liberty. You think it is an obstacle that gets in the way of your collectivist goals. You see nothing wrong with infringing on the liberty of the individual for the sake of those goals as the individual is insignificant to the collective whole, an acceptable sacrifice to serve your perceived concept of "good".

Any compromise with you is to subjugate the individual to you. There is no respect to the individual, only subservience with the "allowance" of some freedoms as determined by you and only within the bounds as to which you may think it benefits the collective.

So, no.. there is NO course of action that results in compromise because you give up nothing, you only get less of what you want (like a robber who only gets away with part of the money) and what you fail to understand is that the concept of liberty and freedom of an individual is not a matter of conditions, it is all or nothing. Either we respect the liberty and freedom of EACH individual, their right to live free without the infringement of another on their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness or we are just slaves to whoever designs the ideology to which we are to succumb to.

This is the fact of the matter and this is why these two types are incompatible as your very ideology REQUIRES subjugation to your ideal.

Oh... and don't make that stupid argument the idiots make about liberty and freedom being anarchy, I know you aren't that stupid, so leave that devious attempt at the door please.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
War is the only answer in such a case.

How do you purpose to settle the dispute between the cannibal and non-cannibal? Any compromise by the non-cannibal results in them being a meal for the cannibal.

This is the essence of our position here. You are a progressive, you do not respect individual liberty. You think it is an obstacle that gets in the way of your collectivist goals. You see nothing wrong with infringing on the liberty of the individual for the sake of those goals as the individual is insignificant to the collective whole, an acceptable sacrifice to serve your perceived concept of "good".

Any compromise with you is to subjugate the individual to you. There is no respect to the individual, only subservience with the "allowance" of some freedoms as determined by you and only within the bounds as to which you may think it benefits the collective.

So, no.. there is NO course of action that results in compromise because you give up nothing, you only get less of what you want (like a robber who only gets away with part of the money) and what you fail to understand is that the concept of liberty and freedom of an individual is not a matter of conditions, it is all or nothing. Either we respect the liberty and freedom of EACH individual, their right to live free without the infringement of another on their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness or we are just slaves to whoever designs the ideology to which we are to succumb to.

This is the fact of the matter and this is why these two types are incompatible as your very ideology REQUIRES subjugation to your ideal.

Oh... and don't make that stupid argument the idiots make about liberty and freedom being anarchy, I know you aren't that stupid, so leave that devious attempt at the door please.
When you gonna start your war, don't forget, you have to et off the couch first, get er done.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:28 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
The right wing only believes in freedom for those who are white, male, straight, and fundamentalist Christian. Everyone else would have to suck it up and live as second class citizens, if they were even allowed to exist at all in the ideal conservative society.

When will the far right look in the mirror and realize they are just as authoritarian as they accuse the far left of being?

Tell me, how is me not paying your way through life taking your freedom away? Is it that you think middle age white men are the only people able to support themselves, thus, they should support everyone else because everyone else is incapable?

If that's your logic, I disagree. And besides, it sounds quite insulting and offensive to me.

Beyond that, tell me specifically what I'm personally doing to keep you down? How am I, as a "white person," enslaving you? I just looked all around my little home and I can't find any whips and chains or neck violins.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:30 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That may be Bannon's intentions, but it does not need to be yours.

I have no idea if that is true and considering the lying rhetoric of progressives, I doubt I put much weight to that statement.

Quote:
There are many steps short of civil war. The present divisions are nowhere as severe as they were in the 1850's, and despite your thoughts, the lasting damage of that old war have caused a deep national fear of a recurrence that has persisted through worse divisions and harder times than these.
I don't think you have a clue about why the civil war was fought, I think you are an advocate of the revisionism that has occurred over the years. This is part of the problem.

Quote:

In fact, Trump's departure could well be the first step of reconciliation. His presence has only deepened the divisions that already existed, and his failure could be the impetus for all of us to begin addressing our mutual problems out of mutual necessity.
I am not a big fan of Trump, but you remove him through the lying and cheating manner you are attempting and it WILL result in a backlash that I don't think you people are ready for. You see, as much as you people lie to yourself about how you are the righteous and just, and that everyone agrees with you, the fact is... most think you are liars, charlatans, who espouse fascist rhetoric and promote hate to all that do not toe the line of your ideology. You have created an echo chamber to which has brought forth a false sense of superior position of majority when you are not so, when you are a faction to which many despise and repudiate.

I think you will be quite surprised if you people attempt to cheat your way to a resolution. People are fed up with you.

Quote:
After all, we are not our greatest foes in this world. If we begin a civil war, a true foe will run over us like a truck runs over a weak rabbit. A nation divided against itself can never defend a foe from without at the same time.
Progressives are the greatest threat to liberty and they must be viewed with such understanding for they do not respect liberty and they do not respect freedom and they are morally compromised with the belief that the "end justifies the means", which makes them evil at their core.

All a war would do is show the truth to which progressives are, which is nothing more than robbers.

You see, right now you people hide behind laws, manipulation, sleight of hand, and propaganda to proclaim yourselves righteous. You hide behind taxes, fees, regulations, and numerous political means to institute theft and control over the people. When those means are no longer available to you, the result is that you are merely just robbers who will have to use violence to subjugate your victims to take their property that you believe you have a right to, no different than the robber who believes they have a right to take what they will because of their own reasoning.

Make no mistake, when I talk about civil war, I don't talk about attacking progressives, no... not at all. The progressives will be the aggressors, for they will come demanding their "right" to peoples property and when those individuals refuse, they will bring the force of violence and they will do so all the while proclaiming themselves servants of the people, defenders of those in need, and vindicators of the greedy and wicked.

I know this, we know this... because history repeats itself and your tune is a broken record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies