Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 08:06 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Judge dismisses lawsuit brought by two family members of Benghazi victims:

Judge throws out lawsuit against Hillary Clinton by parents of Benghazi victims | Fox News
Dismissed by a liberal judge appointed by Obama. The swamp is huge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 08:11 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
Nice line, but just a little off the mark.

Truth is called "fake news" in an empire of lies.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:40 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The judge's appointment was confirmed by the U.S. Senate 97-0. Not ONE SINGLE Republican voted against her, so apparently they felt she could be fair and balanced.

Ken

Old 05-29-2017, 08:47 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The judge's appointment was confirmed by the U.S. Senate 97-0. Not ONE SINGLE Republican voted against her, so apparently they felt she could be fair and balanced.

Ken
How dare you introduce some truth into this partisan rant!

Old 05-29-2017, 08:58 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Interesting point

Old 05-29-2017, 09:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What I have never understood is that Patricia Smith's daughter in law -- the wife of one of the victims, the mother of Patricia Smith's grandchildren, has publicly stated that she was okay with how the State Dept. handled the situation and that Clinton did talk to her.

This woman, Patricia Smith never talks of her daughter in law and rarely mentions the grand children. I know her feelings are hurt because the State Dept. dealt with her daughter in law -- not her -- when communicating....but I don't know why in all the years of her rants and rave not one reporter has said...how are your grandchildren and daughter in law? What do they think of all of this?

I know she's mainly on Fox and that her narrative supported their attacks on Clinton......but not one person in all those interviews ever asked her about daughter in law and grand children....weird.
I've wondered about that also.
As a military parent, I know that it can be hard to accept that your child's spouse is the only person entitled to contact from the branch, state department, etc. but that's how it is and, objectively, I believe how it should be.

I'm sorry that this woman cannot move past this loss, but the parents really had no standing to bring any sort of suit.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:22 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Judge dismisses lawsuit brought by two family members of Benghazi victims:

Judge throws out lawsuit against Hillary Clinton by parents of Benghazi victims | Fox News
The liberal judicial system failed America again, or is trying to.

"Defamation is an issue of fact which is duly decided by the jury. The judge decides issues of law. This should have been submitted to the jury."- Charles Woods, father of Benghazi victim.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:36 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
I don't understand why these people sign up to fight a war we should have no part in. Defending this country? Think again. When you come home disabled lets see who pays your bills....

Old 05-29-2017, 09:37 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Otto Von Bismark, the man who unified Germany into a single state, described what he called the "sausage making" of government. The exact quote is something like "laws are like sausage and it's best not to see them being made." The idea is that you need to have a stomach for that sort of ****.

As tragic as the events at Benghazi were, to act as if Hillary is some evil monster for engaging in what may as well just be the sausage making of government is ridiculous. People die becasue of the decisions of politicians all the time. Did Hillary possibly make a mistake? Maybe. But that's the nature of the job sometimes.

The lawsuit was misplaced grief. I can understand and am sympathetic to it, but I won't pretend to think that Clinton owes any of those families a damn thing. She was just making sausages.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:55 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I don't understand why these people sign up to fight a war we should have no part in. Defending this country? Think again. When you come home disabled lets see who pays your bills....

I fully understand why these parents are so upset but those killed were killed doing something stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies