Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 07:23 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,425,701 times

Advertisements

"Despite repeated efforts by President Trump to curtail refugee resettlements, the State Department this week quietly lifted the department’s restriction on the number of refugees allowed to enter the United States.
The result could be a near doubling of refugees entering the country, from about 830 people a week in the first three weeks of this month to well over 1,500 people per week by next month, according to refugee advocates. Tens of thousands of refugees are waiting to come to the United States."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/u...=msft_msn&_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 07:25 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,188,685 times
Just another member of the globalist pig cabal. Somehow I knew the refugees would flood in again even under his watch.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:30 AM

16,752 posts, read 8,115,742 times
All those small business owners and farmers need employees.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:32 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,865,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Just another member of the globalist pig cabal. Somehow I knew the refugees would flood in again even under his watch.
Oh, that's a good one...like trump is watching out for anything other than his own business interests.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:33 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,449,697 times
I'm sure the American poor will love a smaller piece of the pie since more people will be eating it.

The left must believe our poor have it too good, the environment needs more strain put on it and we have too many jobs.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,703,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm sure the American poor will love a smaller piece of the pie since more people will be eating it.

The left must believe our poor have it too good, the environment needs more strain put on it and we have too many jobs.
Contrary to what you would prefer to believe, Pedro, not all of the people coming here from other countries are fruit pickers.......many are educated, professionals, and have skills this country needs. A lot of them will create jobs and will also be consumers, who buy our products.

It isn't like you would like to imagine, where they all come in here and suck up our welfare and jobs that others might have. Anytime you look at something through a narrow lens you miss the big picture.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:46 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,425,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Is this a Left/Right issue? The State Department, a department under the Executive Branch, is authorizing the increase.

It's hard for me to believe that they can do this without approval from their bosses.
What does the Secretary of State say? Does he know?

I thought at first that this was a result of the court rulings about striking down Trump's EO's--further reading showed me that it's all about Congress--the Republican led Congress did not restrict funding in their budget extension.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:48 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Even under his 'watch'? This is Trump's State Department now.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:23 AM

24,259 posts, read 16,939,309 times
Where are all these people going to go?
I'm sure most of them are good people that will contribute to society but I'm so nervous about the 1 or 2 that might be terrorists or 16 that might hijack 4 planes and use them as missiles.

Trump has tried to put a pause on this migration but the Left has blocked him at every attempt so if something happens the blood will be on their hands but of course they will deflect and blame Trump that his "anti muslim" rhetoric caused the scum to pull that trigger, plant that bomb, or drive that truck over people.

Trump can't win and I fear that we will all lose.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:24 AM

5,636 posts, read 5,052,265 times
There is no reason for the US to take in refugees from lands or cultures hostile to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies