Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Work absolutely yes...especially part-timers. Here in the bluest county of the blue state of NY you don't ever admit you voted for a Republican if you want to keep your job.
You won't get fired. Just get increduolous looks, especially now, right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 01:42 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
If an employer asks who you voted for ...
... they are breaking the law.

The employer has no right to ask such a question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
These is part of the fake news propagated by Trump's supporters. ... Making this a "trend" is real fake news.
Correct.

A straw man.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:51 PM

252 posts, read 359,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
These is part of the fake news propagated by Trump's supporters. I don't know of a decent employer that asks their employees such questions. As a matter of fact, in most work places political discussions are discouraged. There may be a place that asks questions, but it's as common as snow in August. Making this a "trend" is real fake news.
Obviously, you have never worked at a hospital with 7,000 employees. Where people are promoted based on who they know - not their management skills, where most employees have never met the CEO Was the treatment of a biology professor at Evergreen College "fake" news?

You are exhibiting symptoms of TDS - intolerance for a person whose view different than your own, seek treatment asap.

Last edited by seaduced; 05-29-2017 at 02:19 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 02:02 PM

252 posts, read 359,046 times
Quote:
Work absolutely yes...especially part-timers. Here in the bluest county of the blue state of NY you don't ever admit you voted for a Republican if you want to keep your job.
The funny part is she isn't Pro Trump, she just refused to answer and join in the childish insults of him.
I told her to turn on her cellphone recorder when they come around - it might be the only thing that
saves her job.. or it might get her some pocket change in a lawsuit.. It is definitely harassment

Old 05-29-2017, 02:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
Whether at work or home, is TDS affecting your relationships?
I currently live with a high school friend and his wife who were big Trump supporters during the election. We talked about him and Hillary then and shared our opinions. At some point, there was an unspoken agreement that we had said all we needed to say and that opinions were not changing. No hard feelings. Just no need to keep the conversation going. I assume they are still Trump supporters.

Oh, and they're good people with big hearts who opened their house to me when I needed a place to stay after two years of surgeries and a divorce.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:08 PM

158 posts, read 107,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
Whether at work or home, is TDS affecting your relationships?

Someone I know is planning on filing a harassment suit soon at her job. People in position of
power have asked employees who they voted for, or what they think about this or that - whatever
the latest news is on MSNBC or FB... If the lower down employee doesn't take the bait, they've said oh
you must love Trump or worse, you're racist... Hearing this from someone that may have a hand in your evaluation or vacation requests isn't acceptable..
Nope. Both wife and I voted for Trump and proudly so. She isn't a rabid foaming at mouth feminist nor does she get offended by locker room talk so. Haven't heard anything at work or from her about her job....its mostly just normal talk.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:15 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
All the immigrants I work with/for voted for Trump And they didn't have to break any laws to get here.

And none of us really gives a damn about politics. We're just trying to make an honest living. These folks just want to feed their families and leave their children with a better future than they had. They proudly voted for the candidate that best represents their interests, and who can blame them?

Entitled, spoiled liberals, that's who. And you guys still wonder why you lost?
Good post until you resorted to namecalling. That says more about you than it does the folks you're trying so hard to put down

Old 05-29-2017, 02:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
You won't get fired. Just get increduolous looks, especially now, right ?
You're right, part-timers don't get fired. You just discover your name isn't being posted on the monthly schedule and when you inquire you're informed management has decided that (after working there three years) you upset a patron by discussing your political views. You know what I did? After repeated inquiries I informed someone I'd be voting for Romney. In parts of NY that's enough to let you go.

I never discuss politics in NY anymore. You see how crazy the libs get here? Triple that in NY. Liberals are freaking nuts...and vindictive.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
You're right, part-timers don't get fired. You just discover your name isn't being posted on the monthly schedule and when you inquire you're informed management has decided that (after working there three years) you upset a patron by discussing your political views. You know what I did? After repeated inquiries I informed someone I'd be voting for Romney. In parts of NY that's enough to let you go.

I never discuss politics in NY anymore. You see how crazy the libs get here? Triple that in NY. Liberals are freaking nuts...and vindictive.
Shrug, next time don't talk politics with a customer. Lesson learned.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:26 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:

I don't believe you. Maybe your just not a good worker. That's an option as well, possibly ? Cause if your a great worker you would have been kept.

Last edited by bxlover; 05-29-2017 at 02:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies