Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 05:24 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times

Advertisements

So libs, what candiate do you plan to put out in 2020? Or do you feel that you got this nonmayyer what ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 05:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Nothing but nonsense.
Just Par for the course.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:26 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump is crushing it and making an 'A' every day...what's not to love?
He adds "ss" onto that "A", if that's what you mean...

Old 05-29-2017, 05:31 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
It doesn't matter one bit if Trump's little handful of supporters are loyal to him. What does matter is that the rest of the nation is turning against him; the independents, Dems who wanted Bernie but got Hillary, independents, etc. Those people are leaving him in droves.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:33 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It doesn't matter one bit if Trump's little handful of supporters are loyal to him. What does matter is that the rest of the nation is turning against him; the independents, Dems who wanted Bernie but got Hillary, independents, etc. Those people are leaving him in droves.

Proof independents are going to the Dems?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So libs, what candiate do you plan to put out in 2020? Or do you feel that you got this nonmayyer what ?
Wouldn't you like to know!

Old 05-29-2017, 05:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, what does this say about Democrat politicians and analysts, Never Trumpers', lefty bureaucrats, mainstream media and Hollywood, street and university violent and non-violent protestor intimidation and lefty poster efforts in various social networks? Current lefty tactics (not sure they actually have a strategy) are obviously not working so they have to try something else, right? I mean you don't keep doing what doesn't work if it's not effective.

What do you see them doing next to try to persuade Trump supporters to defect or are they going to continue to stick with what isn't working just because it has worked in the past?

I'll throw one thing out they continue to obviously do wrong. They preach to the choir. They always go to places to protest in their own towns and cities. Right to Lifers and Second Amendment types go to the enemy's turf for their marches and protests but I never see lefties do that. Feminists march against Donald Trump in NYC. Wow, Stop the Presses! The people who see them on the NYC streets with their signs are just like them. When is the last time you saw lefties march in Conservativeville? Ummmm, never?
What can people do to convince Trumpers that they were wrong to vote for someone so grossly unqualified? Nothing.

Until the things Trump is doing affect those people personally and deeply enough for them to be upset with Trump, they're going to keep supporting him because admitting they voted for a lousy candidate is going to be tough on their pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Proof independents are going to the Dems?
You want me to take a national poll? That's the only way to prove it to you isn't it? Oh yeah, for the Trumplings all polls are fake unless they show him in a favorable position. So I'm at a loss as to how to prove it to you.

Or you could just take a good look outside of your normal environment and see for yourself what's happening in the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I don't think anyone reasonable believes they can convince Trump supporters of anything. You have allowed yourselves to go down the rabbit hole. Hope is that others who failed to vote in this election will realize what apathy brought upon the nation. Next election if he has not been impeached or resigned you can vote for him again.
This is what the protests are really about.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The alternative was not an option for me, so I'll stick with my choice.
I think everyone understands that some people were so uncomfortable with Clinton that they voted Trump.

What is baffling is why those people who voted for him as a lesser of two evils type of choice aren't complaining now about the crappy job he's doing.

It's not like anyone is going to come along, nullify the election, and put HRC in charge so it's perfectly fine to hold Trump's feet to the fire and start floating names of candidates that you hope run in 2020 who ARE better than him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies