Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 06:06 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His approval rate is around 38%, I would not call that an "A". He has a rabid core of supporters that will not change their minds no matter what he does.
Still putting your faith in polls huh?

Well.....I suppose people have to have something to give them hope lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 06:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
At that point, if it ever comes, it will be Pence.

Dems might want to be careful what they wish for.
I'm not a "Dem" and I'm fine with Pence. I would take a circus clown at this point.

A random guy off the street might also work as long as he can pass a basic citizenship test and has some sort of experience in any aspect of government.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:

Should we put our faith in Trump?

Old 05-29-2017, 06:11 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:

No, I put all my faith in a CD poster who posts the same thing over and over again, giving trump an "A". I suppose trumpissts have to have something to give them hope.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:14 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Hate to tell you, but his approval is a LOT higher that that. But, nice try. (Do you work for CNN?)
Current Real Clear Politics (Republican website) average of leading pollsters:

Approve of Donald Trump:39.9%
Disapprove of Donald Trump:54.2%

Margin: disapproval by 14.3%

Trump hasn't had a net favorable in ANY national poll since 3/3/17 when he had a 2% lead in Reuters/Ipsos

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Last edited by Bureaucat; 05-29-2017 at 06:34 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Kinda scary that trump fans are acknowledging that no matter how low he sinks, nothing will change their mind about him. Treason, theft, murder - he's still their boy. Rather cultish, no?

Interesting....

You've actually talked to or heard Trump voters who said they'd still support him if he was convicted of "treason, theft, murder"?

Mind posting a link to the people saying that?

Old 05-29-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think everyone understands that some people were so uncomfortable with Clinton that they voted Trump.

What is baffling is why those people who voted for him as a lesser of two evils type of choice aren't complaining now about the crappy job he's doing.

It's not like anyone is going to come along, nullify the election, and put HRC in charge so it's perfectly fine to hold Trump's feet to the fire and start floating names of candidates that you hope run in 2020 who ARE better than him.
Because they know that Democrats, in collusion with the Liberal media, activist judges and treasonous leakers are doing everything they can to derail Trump's agenda and de legitimize his presidency.

It's not rocket science.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
LOL. Got it. We are supposed to believe Trump is so pro American. Nice try. He had a meeting with only Russian media while banning American media. On US soil!

Did not fool most people...the 62% that do not approve his performance. Btw, that means you are part of the 38%. Shoving a foreign leader aside to get to the front showed his insecurity and needing a golf cart while every other foreign leader walked is evidence of what his doctor said: "healthiest person to ever be President".

SNL is being given more comedy skit material every week.

Trump's credibility and that of many supporters gets lower every week. Will likely be zero soon. Many Trump supporters are adamant and angrily so, when they insist those that disagree with them leave the country out of one side of their mouth while praising freedom out of the other side. Pot meet kettle.

Fwiw, Trump's hero is Putin in Russia. Nonetheless, feel free to stay in the USA.
This is so stupid, it's not even worthy of a response.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:31 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So stupid, not even worthy of a response.
And, yet... here you are, responding.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope, I for one do not expect any True Republican to become a Democrat, heck I am neither.

What I would like, and since you are a Paul fan I might expect more honesty, is for One supporter to admit that we as Americans made an awful mistake putting this guy in the Whitehouse. I am not saying we should have supported Hillary, I am saying the GOP did this to themselves by having so many candidates, and that worked is favor. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but the deeper this goes I would hope that at least a couple of you would be honest enough to admit that the GOP screwed up big time this time around by letting this guy in your Party to begin with. Maybe a better vetting procedure to run for the GOP nomination is in order, something simple like have been a member of the GOP for at least 4 years, that alone would have dealt with the issue, just a suggestion, but pass it on if you think it has merit.
You really think Dems and the media wouldn't be doing everything they possibly could to sandbag Paul if he had he won?

It would make very little difference, they would have demonized anyone who won the nomination and would continue to do so if he had won.

The things they would try to use against him might be different but their tactics would be the same.

Democrats have no interest in reaching across the aisle to compromise in any way shape or form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies