Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 07:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j81nPxqIkWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taDP1KfEmPU

You don't hear about these incidents but that doesn't mean they don't happen.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:55 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I've watched that video many times and if I was that cop after getting info from dispatch someone was pointing a gun at random strangers. Who knows. Maybe the same.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:24 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
No one knows what their kids are doing 24/7. He could've found the toy gun, another kid could've had the gun.
That's exactly what happened. His mother did not allow him to play with toy guns, he did not own one. He went to the park across the street from his house and met up with some friends. One of THEM had the toy gun and Tamir got it from that kid... I think he traded for it. There was no orange tip on it but Tamir didn't know the difference because no one had ever taught him those kinds of things, since his mom had forbidden toy guns. But you know, kids will be kids. He just wanted to play cops and robbers or something since he was 12 and all.

And now he's dead.

'Murica

Old 05-30-2017, 08:32 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j81nPxqIkWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taDP1KfEmPU

You don't hear about these incidents but that doesn't mean they don't happen.
what's silly is instead of including these incidents with the black ones, yall would rather use the white deaths as just tools to argue with black people. White people should be absolutely flipping out about cops killing them as well, but people would rather just have a few sacrifices than actually make things a little more fair for blacks. We know people think the police are their little anti-black protection army. But it's sickening to think you wouldn't demand change because for once you might have to admit that some black people are right about something and that you might actually have to stand side by side with black people on an issue pertaining to the "system".

and btw, i'm pretty sure BLM was actually the main group bringing up the 2nd kid's case you posted. Weird.

but yeah, pretty sad using them to just argue your little cop-apologist agenda.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:44 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
White people should be absolutely flipping out about cops killing them as well, but people would rather just have a few sacrifices than actually make things a little more fair for blacks. We know people think the police are their little anti-black protection army. But it's sickening to think you wouldn't demand change because for once you might have to admit that some black people are right about something and that you might actually have to stand side by side with black people on an issue pertaining to the "system".
I think its even more sad that that. I think white people in general think that the police will stop patrolling/protecting their neighborhoods entirely if they demand change, which isnt the case. You can demand policy changes and support the police at the same time. I also think this is why juries dont convict cops, besides the prosecutors not giving them all of the evidence. If youre in a jury and you have cops in the family, or know cops, there might be some sort of retaliation if you convict. Special prosecutors are really needed for these cases. IMHO.

There are a few message boards that are for cops, I really need to get in there so I can expose how they truly feel about the public.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
what's silly is instead of including these incidents with the black ones, yall would rather use the white deaths as just tools to argue with black people. White people should be absolutely flipping out about cops killing them as well, but people would rather just have a few sacrifices than actually make things a little more fair for blacks. We know people think the police are their little anti-black protection army. But it's sickening to think you wouldn't demand change because for once you might have to admit that some black people are right about something and that you might actually have to stand side by side with black people on an issue pertaining to the "system".

and btw, i'm pretty sure BLM was actually the main group bringing up the 2nd kid's case you posted. Weird.

but yeah, pretty sad using them to just argue your little cop-apologist agenda.
Oh bull crap. I posted these because there's a narrative by certain people that this would never happen to a white boy. That's a damn lie.

I've posted about the atrocities committed by Chicago cops and others when it was not justifiable. I've mentioned LaQuan McDonald more than once. And I've posted numerous times about what needs to be done to get the dirty cops off the street.

But you can't argue with my post so now you're attacking me and acting holier than thou when nothing you've posted is accurate.

Is ANYTHING you post based on reality? Your thinking is way....*off*.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:17 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's what causes Japanese kids to kill themselves.
Yep and it got me to change my struggling student into a high achiever.

You need to know the kid and their abilities and to assume that parents are pushing them beyond capabilities instead of rousting them from laziness is not really fair imo.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:30 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
That's exactly what happened. His mother did not allow him to play with toy guns, he did not own one. He went to the park across the street from his house and met up with some friends. One of THEM had the toy gun and Tamir got it from that kid... I think he traded for it. There was no orange tip on it but Tamir didn't know the difference because no one had ever taught him those kinds of things, since his mom had forbidden toy guns. But you know, kids will be kids. He just wanted to play cops and robbers or something since he was 12 and all.

And now he's dead.

'Murica
Two points:

1) Any brain that age is underdeveloped to make good choices.

2) He's 12 and lives in a rough, gang-infested neighborhood and is inundated with US violent culture in music, movies, TV etc.

With that said, I think we can consider him a victim in this solely because of his age. However, to portray that a 12yo is naive to know what a fake piece was is silly. (notice it's that and not a toy gun please stop calling it a toy gun, we all know that in that neighborhood....it's a fake piece.)

I owned a REAL gun at age 12. I bought a better one with my lawn mowing money around that age too at a gun show.

Trust me, it's not that poor kids fault that he was in a rough neighborhood inundated with gang culture and violent music, tv etc. However, he knew. I knew too at that age, I was just raised in a sleepy town where TV was crap like westerns where only criminals shot people and so forth.

I've struggled with this case because you have a confluence of bad actions. 100% certain that had I grown up in his neighborhood I could have ended up in the same place.

The blame for that is not singular but widespread and going back generations (not meaning family but history)

Old 05-30-2017, 09:42 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
White people should be absolutely flipping out about cops killing them as well,.
A cop shot a retired Sunday school teacher in the back when she driving away in the parking lot of Epiphany Catholic School. (So many things wrong with that sentence.)

The cop, Daniel Harmon-Wright, was actually found guilty but served less than 3 years.
Not many cared.

A side not that isn't surprising -
Bethany Sullivan, Harmon-Wright’s mother and an administrative assistant to the former Culpeper police chief, has been charged with forging Harmon-Wright’s entrance exam for the Town of Culpeper and one of his annual reviews.
“Two officials after a full background [check] recommended that Mr. Harmon-Wright not be hired as a police officer,” special prosecutor James Fisher told reporters after the hearing. “That was, of course, overturned.”

Heaven forbid they shoot our dogs, though. But otherwise just move along, there is nothing to see here.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:00 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
He can always get a job with the FBI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies