Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Kelly Griffin gone too far? - holding up bloody Trump head.
No - free speech 23 17.97%
Yes - an apology is needed 56 43.75%
Yes - ban her from New Years Rock'n Eve 49 38.28%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:41 AM

7,289 posts, read 4,057,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Cooper, etc. are not reporters either. They are hate filled left wing political operatives. Journalism is dead.
Can you direct me to a news source that you find to be credible, factual, balanced, professional, and honorable?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:41 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,170,743 times
Quote:
Come on. How many times do you think people saw effigies of Obama hung by a noose at protest parades?
How many? You infer multiple times so show us examples. You make it sound like if someone had done that - it then makes it o.k. The left is WAY out of touch with reality here and this Griffith thing just makes the point.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,827,195 times
Quote:
WRONG.

From Yahoo: CNN said it is “evaluating” its relationship with Griffin.

“We found what she did disgusting and offensive,” the network said in a statement. “We are pleased to see she has apologized and asked that the photos be taken down. We are evaluating our New Year’s Eve coverage and have made no decisions at this point.”

Griffin’s photo caught the attention of the U.S. Secret Service, which noted that such “threats against [our] protectees receive the highest priority of all of our investigations.”
I didn't see this statement -- oh yeah - -she's out.

If they are even doubting it...she's out. There is no way they could survive if they put her on New Year's Eve.

This was just too disgusting.

She's not an employee -- she has a gig one night a year with them.

31,896 posts, read 34,410,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's just a fake head with fake blood on it. How is it "shocking?"

It's gross. It looks gross. It was a pointless display of her lack of sense and decorum.

If she beheaded someone? I'd find that shocking.

Come on. How many times do you think people saw effigies of Obama hung by a noose at protest parades?

Was that "shocking?"

It wasn't to me. It was in poor taste and I found it rather sad, but it did not shock me.

I know people are jerks.
Here's my thing: Why would anyone be offended by anything, especially Republicans, when the POTUS can grab 'em by the you know what and make all kinds of rude, outlandish statements? Why play the morality game? Just own the nastiness and vulgarity.

If people are fine with Trump calling women fat ugly cows and "eating machines," then I don't see what the big deal is here.

38,967 posts, read 27,347,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I agree with you, sonny.

I think that apology thing was lame, too. If I was going to do something that I knew would draw that much criticism, I wouldn't apologize for it.

It's not like this was on a whim. She planned it.

Ugh.
.. and she said, "I just saw the reactions of these images..."

She apologized because she knew she screwed up.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,827,195 times
Quote:
Cooper, etc. are not reporters either. They are hate filled left wing political operatives. Journalism is dead.
you are so feisty this morning. Too much fun! But real life calls.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:43 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,830,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
They also weren't done with mainstream celebrities or anyone who worked with CNN, though. Big difference.

I'm not sure why people keep using this excuse. Both were wrong, but...Kathy Griffin is actually a celebrity with influence. Not some random redneck hick in Alabama.
Not a Trump fan. However, this goes beyond TRYING to be funny or whatever Kathy was doing. I have never liked Kathy Griffin's form of so called humor. She has a filthy mouth and has never been funny to me.

I think she should be charged with inciting terrorism or something. Fined, thrown in jail.

I remember the day Kennedy was killed and I felt like America, died that day.

No president should have this kind of dis-respect. After all, he is the president, bad election, bad president; but what Kathy has done reeks of hate and so much more.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:44 AM

34,936 posts, read 36,079,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. and she said, "I just saw the reactions of these images..."

She apologized because she knew she screwed up.
This is where thinking ahead might've really come in handy for her.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:46 AM

34,936 posts, read 36,079,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
How many? You infer multiple times so show us examples. You make it sound like if someone had done that - it then makes it o.k. The left is WAY out of touch with reality here and this Griffith thing just makes the point.
Google is your friend.

It's happened dozens of times. I don't think it excuses what she did, I'm just saying that this sort of thing is not "shocking." It's tacky and it's short sighted and it's not remotely funny.

It lacks the ability to be a good protest or social commentary because she didn't frame it as such.

She just stood there with some bloody head like it would be really deep.

But, I don't find her remotely funny and I don't think much of her, so this hardly surprises me.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:47 AM

52,219 posts, read 33,956,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Why would she even do this? She MUST have known this was a bad idea beforehand.

Sick
desperate for attention and sick in the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies