Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 09:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have a non profit organization, I find donors to fund my own organization.

My non profit is to help veterans. NO, I don't expect or force tax payers to fund my own organization.
Is it your position that the government should cease all funding to healthcare providers to serve the poor and indigent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 09:17 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Is it your position that the government should cease all funding to healthcare providers to serve the poor and indigent?
No, it is not. Something is telling me you are only interested in speaking the last words. I have never made such a suggestion, you did. (third time)

But it is my position that ALL non-profit organizations find donors to fund their own organizations.

Just for your information,

Nonprofits can and do utilize the following sources of income to help them fulfill their missions:

Fees for goods and/or services.
Individual donations and major gifts.
Bequests.
Corporate contributions.
Foundation grants.
Government grants and contracts.
Interest from investments.
Loans/program-related investments (PRIs)

Are you saying planned parenthood is not a non-profit organization?

Old 05-31-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
No, it is not. Something is telling me you are only interested in speaking the last words. I have never made such a suggestion, you did. (third time)

But it is my position that ALL non-profit organizations find donors to fund their own organizations.

Just for your information,

Nonprofits can and do utilize the following sources of income to help them fulfill their missions:

Fees for goods and/or services.
Individual donations and major gifts.
Bequests.
Corporate contributions.
Foundation grants.
Government grants and contracts.
Interest from investments.
Loans/program-related investments (PRIs)

Are you saying planned parenthood is not a non-profit organization?
I'm saying that Planned Parenthood is a recipient of funds that the government sets aside for providers of healthcare services for the poor and indigent. And that every other recipient of similar funding is a non-profit organization like Planned Parenthood. And you have just confirmed that you want the government to remove any and all funding to healthcare providers for the poor and indigent. You evidently don't want the government providing financial assistance to the poor that involves healthcare.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:28 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm saying that Planned Parenthood is a recipient of funds that the government sets aside for providers of healthcare services for the poor and indigent. And that every other recipient of similar funding is a non-profit organization like Planned Parenthood. And you have just confirmed that you want the government to remove any and all funding to healthcare providers for the poor and indigent. You evidently don't want the government providing financial assistance to the poor that involves healthcare.
whatever makes you happy, man. It looks like you argue for the sake of arguing. I suggested no such a thing

Go argue with somebody else already.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:38 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Killing babies is wrong, no matter how you rationalize to justify your position.
Killing anybody is wrong.

But we are fine with killing people in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan... Some of them are children.

Ending ACA will result in thousands of deaths, some of them children.. No one seems too upset about that.

Some are fine with executing people, limited mental capacity or not.

Once these precious babies are born, there seems to be mighty little enthusiasm for seeing that they are cared for.

So peddle your self-righteous rationalizations somewhere else. We're all stocked up on crazy here.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
whatever makes you happy, man. It looks like you argue for the sake of arguing. I suggested no such a thing

Go argue with somebody else already.
I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm arguing with someone whose intelligence and opinions I respect. I'm pointing out that Planned Parenthood is being discriminated against, because one of the services they provide is abortion. That denying them payment for the services they provide to the poor and indigent which the government provides funding for, to Planned Parenthood and others, while still paying the other "private", non-profit organizations to provide those services is discriminatory. You are an intelligent poster who recognizes that, which is why you have taken the consistent position that you don't want any non-profit organizations to receive federal funds, but instead those organizations should seek donors. But your consistent position to me is fantasy land. Because I don't believe that these organizations could get enough donors to fully address the need. And because I believe that as a society we benefit tremendously from having universal access to healthcare. Just as we benefit from having public education. Just as we benefit from roads and bridges. When society as a whole benefits, then society as a whole helps to pay for these services.

If you depend on donors, what happens is the benefit doesn't get spread around nationally. The benefit gets offered where the money is.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:43 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Birth control pills should be available without prescription. Why didn't Obama simply get that done while he was in office? You know Trump isn't going to do it. They should be as inexpensive to use as Nexium or other PPIs are.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Killing anybody is wrong.
If it is, it is. The positions of others do no change this.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:44 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,914 times
Closing Planned Parenthood doesn't stop abortions- it just drives them further underground without any regulations. Desperate women do desperate things so who knows how many women will end up going to just anybody or do anything to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy. To make matters worse, the government is reducing heath care and benefits so that women who may need help for a few years because they had a child will not be able to get help. They will also have to do without healthcare because it isn't easy to find doctors who will see them without insurance.

Where are the calls for increased sex education, better access to birth control and holding men accountable for the children they produce? Everyone is always dumping on the women but in most cases, women who seek abortions don't get pregnant by themselves- why blame just the women? If you (general you) don't want women to have abortions and don't want the government to help out after she gives birth, better make sure that the father supports that child.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:14 AM

268 posts, read 227,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Am I right to assume that most of the posters here are too old to reproduce so access to birth control means nothing to them?
I was thinking the same thing. And they have no fear of an unwanted pregnancy. They're not poor and lacking good insurance. They couldn't care less if desperate young women are forced to turn to basement abortionists again, many dying of complications. They jump for joy when young lady dies from a botched abortion. I saw it on an anti-choice site.

These radical anti-choice people are also the last ones to adopt the unwanted children dumped into foster care. Yet they want to force women to give birth to produce even more to enter the FC system. Hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies