Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 07:58 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I didn't spread disinformation. The fact is, fewer places to go means less convenience which means later abortions and more complex development of fetuses.
It's definite disinformation. PP clinics are far and few between. There isn't one anywhere near where I live but there are tons of other places a woman can go to abort her baby because she was careless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 07:59 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it doesn't. PP isn't the only place to go. Stop the disinformation campaigns already.
PP is the only low-cost place to go.

Ask your GF's mush-brained friends how much effort and money they will devote to obtaining birth control.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:01 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
No it doesn't. PP isn't the only place to go. Stop the disinformation campaigns already.
It's the typical, over emotional liberal meme, if the federal government does not pay for something, it simply cannot be done.

The illusion they live in, is that only privately owned company that can do these abortions is planned parenthood. In the eyes of the libs, PP must continue to be a monopoly, and the feds must pay PP hundreds of millions a year or we are all doomed.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:01 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
It's definite disinformation. PP clinics are far and few between. There isn't one anywhere near where I live but there are tons of other places a woman can go to abort her baby because she was careless.
Speaking of disinformation.

Clinics that provide abortions are closing up all the time and places where one can get affordable birth control are getting fewer as well.

Blaming a woman for being "careless" is low, even for you. Surely, you know how this process works. If not, ask your GF's mush-brained friends.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:02 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
So what's the point of people being thrilled at the closings of Planned Parenthoods then, if their goal is not to make it so that it's difficult to get abortions?

Old 05-31-2017, 08:05 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's the typical, over emotional liberal meme, if the federal government does not pay for something, it simply cannot be done.

The illusion they live in, is that only privately owned company that can do these abortions is planned parenthood. In the eyes of the libs, PP must continue to be a monopoly, and the feds must pay PP hundreds of millions a year or we are all doomed.
No...it's that I'd think pro-lifers would not want fetuses to be in later stages of development when they're aborted. I'm trying to think from the perspective of pro-lifers and I've discovered their thought processes don't make any sense oftentimes.

By wanting more Planned Parenthoods and other places that perform abortions closed down, they are necessarily saying they want fetuses to be in later stages of development when they're aborted.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:05 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are given a choice. Your life will expanded another month, with a chance of it being expanded another 100 years, if you go through ten minutes of pain. What do you choose?

The hope of any pro-lifer is the woman will rethink her evil choice. That the woman will become a decent human being in the interval.
English, please?

Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've long been one of the biggest proponents of UHC on here. This can most certainly be a part of that.

What does it make you if you claim to support abortion but not the above?
I've always admired your consistent opinions and yes, UHC which provided access to all manner of birth control would be an effective way to limit abortions.

I don't know anyone who supports abortion rights who does not also support easy access to cheap, effective birth control. I would call such a person short-sighted and inconsistent.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:25 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I've always admired your consistent opinions and yes, UHC which provided access to all manner of birth control would be an effective way to limit abortions.

I don't know anyone who supports abortion rights who does not also support easy access to cheap, effective birth control. I would call such a person short-sighted and inconsistent.
I included UHC....I know many that fit in that category.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:25 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
On this thread several people were chuckling with glee that Planned Perenthood will be closing several clinics in Iowa. //www.city-data.com/forum/48333060-post1.html

You realize that the more Planned Parenthood clinics are closed, the longer the waiting lists to get abortions will be, right? You pro-life people know this could very well make it so that the type of people most likely to want abortions - people working 2 jobs and such - will end up having fewer opportunities, resulting in them getting later abortions?

You know that later abortions means more development, right? It means more complex brains.

Pro-lifers should be demanding Planned Parenthood clinics on every street corner so they can be of as much convenience as possible.

If your goal is to protect children, defunding Planned Parenthood is doing the exact opposite of that. Really, even having unusually strict laws relating to abortion throughout the entire state is doing the opposite of protecting babies/fetuses/whatever. You're forcing people to go to other states, which takes them longer (particularly if they're from a low income family) which results in greater development of the fetus/bay/whatever.

The goal of pro-lifers should be some kind of national change to abortion laws, or something that leads to that. Until you get a national change, all you're doing is the opposite of protecting children with these sorts of goals.

And the fact that people were thrilled about those closings? What is wrong with you people?
Killing babies is wrong, no matter how you rationalize to justify your position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies