Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 06:23 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times

Advertisements

i had no idea where to post this. so i'll post it here and maybe it will be moved. relationships maybe?

i was just looking around for information about french president macron out of curiosity. i didn't know anything about him until that macron swerve thing he did at NATO event when he was walking right towards trump like he was going to shake his hand first, but then he quickly took a right and went to merkel for a hug instead. it cracked me up. and then those two handshakes between him and trump. clearly the guy was prepared and ready for trumps unusual handshaking style. i was interested to see who he is and find out more about him!

first i see pictures of him and his wife and i just think hmmm she looks quite a bit older. i wasn't expecting to find what i did and i thought it was interesting.

turns out he was a 15 year old student and she was his 39 year old married teacher with three children when they met. he was in her drama class and they worked together at school, falling in love apparently. his parents thought at first that he was dating her daughter who was a classmate of emmanuel's, but a friend told them what was going on. they told her to stay away until he was 18. he went away to college. they continued seeing each other. who knows when and how often, but she was married. she, bridgitte, divorced in 2006 and she and emmanuel macron married a year later when he was 29 and she was 53.

their age difference, while maybe a little unusual to have the woman 24 years older than the man, i don't see a thing wrong with it. they are happy and that is all that matters. but it is interesting to me how their relationship started. a little bit controversial, i'd say.

i am posting this particular link just because i was searching and found a few different sites. just picked this one for no reason really, i don't normally read that website. so if you don't like the independent, i'm sorry! there are many more sites out there with their story.

How Emmanuel Macron's parents discovered their son was dating his 40-year-old teacher | The Independent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 06:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
It reminds me of that Mary Kay Lateurno? I can't remember her last name and too lazy to google it. But she went to jail for having an affair with one of her students; then she got pregnant with his baby; and they are still together.

Though, on some recent Dateline, 20/20, whatever - they didn't seem to happy to me.

Not sure about Macron and his wife!

Old 05-30-2017, 06:48 PM

yes!!! now that you mention it, it is similar. i saw that most recent interview and yeah, they didn't seem super happy at that time. he seemed to be maybe a little controlling. i don't know, something was off about them for sure. i hope they are happy though! maybe they were going through a rough spot.

macron and his wife appear to be very happy and in love.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:51 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I think they seem happy.

I guess some older women are attracted to younger guys, well, good for them. I don't see the appeal there, but i can only speak for myself anyway. Also, he is not that cute, she is not attractive.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:26 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Sick.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
What's this? The Harlequin Romance thread?

Old 05-30-2017, 07:40 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,390,278 times
I don't care about Macron's marriage or any other politician's marriage. Macron married at 29 years old, an adult.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:40 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
I think it's sick for a teacher to start dating a minor student. If a man had done it, at least in the states he would be charged.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's this? The Harlequin Romance thread?
sorry desert. i didn't know where to put it. maybe someone will put it where it belongs.
but if you aren't interested...feel free to scroll on!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't care about Macron's marriage or any other politician's marriage. Macron married at 29 years old, an adult.
i tried to be pretty clear in the title to what this thread is about. you didn't have to click, read and comment if you are so disinterested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies