Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 11:01 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,486 times

Advertisements

Cleveland officer Timothy Loehmann fired in wake of Tamir Rice shooting | cleveland.com

-he lied about how long he was with another PD
-the other pd determined he was unfit to be an officer
-at one point he had an emtoinal breakdown WHILE AT THE SHOOTING RANGE

it's been over 2 years and he's just now finally been fired over lying on his application, not murdering a child. SAD.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Default Timothy Loehman fired. (Tamir rice)

I'll apologize for not putting this in a thread already created but I couldn't get the search function to work on my phone.

I slammed those in charge repeatedly for not doing something about this so I suppose I have to note that they have finally done at least a partial right thing here.

At least the guy will no longer be able kill with the impunity of a badge.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.cleve...thy_loeh_1.amp

Old 05-30-2017, 11:15 AM

158 posts, read 107,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'll apologize for not putting this in a thread already created but I couldn't get the search function to work on my phone.

I slammed those in charge repeatedly for not doing something about this so I suppose I have to note that they have finally done at least a partial right thing here.

At least the guy will no longer be able kill with the impunity of a badge.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/amp.cleveland.com/v1/articles/20773211/cleveland_officer_timothy_loeh_1.amp[/url]
Sad a good cop loses his job for doing his job. How was he supposed to know the kid had a fake gun. Just more lack of parenting causes havoc and heartbreak all the way around. Just read the article. The Cleveland PD is run by wimps...you fired a guy AFTER you hired him for lying on his application!? Uh why did you not contact his previous department BEFORE hiring him? That is common practice.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:16 AM

78,506 posts, read 60,702,401 times
It's a slow process to remove people. Contrast that with say Chicago where the cop that mowed down Laquan McDonald had the city actually try to cover it up for him until they couldn't and so then they turned on him.

Don't worry though, Mayor Emanuel has suffered great....oh wait, nothing happened to him because he's too politically connected. All he had to do was wave his magic (D) around and poof all better (for him).

Old 05-30-2017, 11:21 AM

Good cops don't have to resign and then lie on future applications.

Good cops also do their due diligence and follow up on info provided on an application.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:27 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
Sad a good cop loses his job for doing his job. How was he supposed to know the kid had a fake gun. Just more lack of parenting causes havoc and heartbreak all the way around. Just read the article. The Cleveland PD is run by wimps...you fired a guy AFTER you hired him for lying on his application!? Uh why did you not contact his previous department BEFORE hiring him? That is common practice.
the dispatcher and driver (the other cop) were also suspended for their parts. This is complete incompetence all around. This is what we're dealing with here...the kid never had a shot.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the dispatcher and driver (the other cop) were also suspended for their parts. This is complete incompetence all around. This is what we're dealing with here...the kid never had a shot.
Nope sure didn't. They were ALL wrong for not relaying ALL the information and the boy and his mother were wrong for allowing him to go out with a pistol that LOOKED real,even if it was fake. I know people would be scared of my kids running around with a pistol fake or not so I don't let them do it. Poor parenting and poor self control and passing along of information to the cops on the call caused all of this.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
Nope sure didn't. They were ALL wrong for not relaying ALL the information and the boy and his mother were wrong for allowing him to go out with a pistol that LOOKED real,even if it was fake. I know people would be scared of my kids running around with a pistol fake or not so I don't let them do it. Poor parenting and poor self control and passing along of information to the cops on the call caused all of this.
His mom had no idea he was playing with a toy pistol......something by the way millions of us have done and were certainly permitted to do as a kid.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
His mom had no idea he was playing with a toy pistol......something by the way millions of us have done and were certainly permitted to do as a kid.
My point exactly she should have known what her child was doing. I know what my kids are doing 24/7. Yes I remember playing with the toy pistols and air rifles but I also did NOT point them at anyone or anything and I played with them at home usually.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:37 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Bad government and even worse parents = dead kid.

Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies