Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 11:24 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Okay, Trump might not have been forced to knuckle under to the NWO globalist mobsters and he's still putting the country first. If he keeps cleaning house and removes the dead and diseased wood in DC and keeps trying to drain the swamp, he has our support.
Now Mr. Trump, go after Seth Rich's murderer and go after Clinton and the "Pedostas".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 11:26 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The Chinese will do it cheaper.

There is nothing preventing solar manufacturers from manufacturing in the United States, deal or no deal.
It's not the path of least resistance though. There will be a need to actually invest in building the structures for greener energy, and the interest of quarterly financials tend to clash with the interest of long-term thinking.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:39 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Why the surprise? Trump promised to withdraw the US from the Paris Agreement during his campaign. He is keeping his campaign promise.

I'm glad Trump is continuing to dismantle the Obama agenda and look forward to the previous administration's policies being completely flushed.
Trump continues to make great progress removing the "KICK ME" sign from our national back.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:42 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Just heard this on the news. My first thought was : is he speaking for the people of the USA or is he telling the people how it's going to be?
He's doing what we elected him to do....and doing a better job of it than any President who has served in my memory.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:46 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The Chinese will do it cheaper.
That's good news. If the Chinese want to subsidize American's lifestyle, then good for them.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:15 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You're likely correct that the "damage is already done" - but I don't think that kind of defeatist attitude serves anyone well. We could definitely try to mitigate any future warming by trying to curb emissions. And we could also be working to get ourselves off of fossil fuels as soon as possible, and on to other technologies. Waiting for "the market" to solve those kind of problems is not going to work as it will be too little, too late by the time fossil fuels are expensive enough to warrant that kind of investment (a couple of decades from now, I predict).

We could be the leaders in this space. We could be re-purposing our rust belts into the producers and innovators of these future energy technologies. So much potential there...tons of engineering knowledge/resources, and all of those empty factories...just waiting for someone with some innovation and funding to come in and make use of them. It's not like it isn't possible...my father, in Toledo, Ohio, helped convert an old glass-making factory into a solar panel manufacturing facility. We need more stuff like that!

Instead, we just look like the laughingstock of the western world...and we're going to get passed up by other countries in this space (realistically, we already have been passed). And that's a shame.
or denyGood post

Let me say that while democrats and republicans argue, point fingers, and blame each other for this (or deny it)
....nothing gets done and we the people suffer

It is a shame that something as important as climate change has been reduced to yet another partisan issue.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Because they subsidize it. We could, too (just as we subsidize many industries...why do you think we produce so much corn, for instance?).

I'm also talking about more than just manufacturing, I'm talking about the entire R&D process - our country has some of the best innovators in the world, many in our rust belt area of the country. Imagine what they could do in these spaces. Think beyond current technologies and to what is coming in the future.

Unfortunately, "imagine" is all we can do at this point...and that is a shame.
No, you can actually develop things without the government. I know that is news to liberals.

How did Solyndra work out?

Old 05-31-2017, 12:29 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
or denyGood post

Let me say that while democrats and republicans argue, point fingers, and blame each other for this (or deny it)

It is a shame that something as important as climate change has been reduced to yet another partisan issue.
Humanity will survive climate change... but, we're royally ****ed if the postmodernists take over the hard sciences.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:32 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
or denyGood post

It didn't used to be...both sides used to take it seriously. Even the Republicans used to take a lead on these kind of issues.

When and how it changed, I'm not entirely sure...

Old 05-31-2017, 12:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama thought so little about what he did, he didn't even try to get it ratified by the Congress which is what the US Constitution requires before it becomes the law of the land.

Blame Obama, not Trump.
Ratified by which Congress? The One that was led by GOP freaks that obstructed everything Obama? That Congress?

Trump is a corrupt ****** Period! End of story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies