Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:36 PM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Question? Someone you know from HS was killed or Someone you know from HS was the killer?
I went to high school with Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Darren Goforth. A long time ago, graduated in 1987.

He was the guy who was shot 12 times in the back at a gas station. I believe it was inspired by the BLM protests of Sandra Bland's arrest. I think the guy who shot him was mentally ill, but not as legally defined. There was a lot of weird stuff with that case, but the fact is Darren was pumping gas when he was shot in the back by a stranger. He was not pulling someone over or committing some brutality. Just pumping gas.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:56 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,025,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I went to high school with Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Darren Goforth. A long time ago, graduated in 1987.

He was the guy who was shot 12 times in the back at a gas station. I believe it was inspired by the BLM protests of Sandra Bland's arrest. I think the guy who shot him was mentally ill, but not as legally defined. There was a lot of weird stuff with that case, but the fact is Darren was pumping gas when he was shot in the back by a stranger. He was not pulling someone over or committing some brutality. Just pumping gas.

Sorry to hear. Brave crew- either in a mob, or in the back. Are you really surprised? Coward move by a cowardly organization; triggered 24/7.
Lots of SJW here sad to say. Easy to pander and be all do-gooder if your 10k miles away in a relatively safe peaceful nation

Old 06-01-2017, 02:25 AM

20 posts, read 18,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Yes by all means give a peace prize to a group that actively encouraged killing police and rioting. Up is down, left is right, it's a new world order.
They are not responsible for the mentally unstable protesters who snapped under the weight of injustice leveled at black people by police.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:31 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,025,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar X View Post
They are not responsible for the mentally unstable protesters who snapped under the weight of injustice leveled at black people by police.
What about the weight of The Cloak of Perpetual Victimhood? Now THAT'S got to weigh a ton!
While one TRUE injustice is one too many, not every police action against black men is a racist injustice.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Sorry to hear. Brave crew- either in a mob, or in the back. Are you really surprised? Coward move by a cowardly organization; triggered 24/7.
Lots of SJW here sad to say. Easy to pander and be all do-gooder if your 10k miles away in a relatively safe peaceful nation
We could once again start posting item after item of cowardly police shootings. Shooting a kid for going home and then lying about it.

Texas teen fatally shot by police: Cops change story on shooting outside house party - CNN.com

Shooting someone for trying to retrieve their I.D.

Minnesota officer charged in Philandro Castile shooting death

For reasons no one really even knows.

Florida Cop Charged With Attempted Manslaughter in Shooting of Autistic Man's Unarmed Therapist - NBC News

While running away and then lying about it.

Ex-officer Michael Slager pleads guilty in shooting death of Walter Scott - CNN.com

One could try and guess the reasons for this one.

Baltimore police officer Wesley Cagle sentenced to 12 years in shooting of unarmed suspect - Baltimore Sun

They all get away with it if not for the actions of those who protested these actions and the proliferation of video evidence. Many get away with it even with evidence if enough people were not willing to say enough.

They complained for years about the police lying, planting evidence, covering for each other with it falling on deaf ears. Now people are mad that they are forced to face it.

Corrupt police officers may end up costing the people of Norfolk Virginia their entire city.

Wrongly Convicted 'Norfolk Four' Threaten $68 Million in Lawsuits | Military.com

Old 06-01-2017, 03:38 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,196,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar X View Post
Well deserved.

At least the rest of the world see the organization for what it is. Their organization is not perfect by any means but it's worth acknowledging the amount of awareness and genuine activism they've sparked in others.
Yes they sponsored some very active riots and neighborhood burning.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:20 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,094,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
While BLM has brought awareness to the topic of police killings. They don't deserve a peace prize as their is no real data to see if police shootings of unarmed (not necessarily innocent) people have decreased.
I'd go as far as to say they "distracted" from the police corruption issue. Inserted a lot of other irrelevant issues.

When Ferguson was united, and The Movement was in full swing, there was no division and everyone was united and fighting the police corruption issue. When Black Lives Matter showed up, a month after Ferguson started, everything started going down hill. The "infighting" that broke out afterwards is still going on. And no matter what any publication says, stealing is not "peaceful."

You should never give a peace prize to con artists, liars, and thieves.

Taking Back the Radio - How Black Lives Matter sabotaged The Movement

First thing you need to know about Black Lives Matter is that there is nothing organic about them. They did not start the protests in Ferguson. They’d received millions in funding prior to Ferguson, and never led things on the ground in the city. Ferguson’s leaders worked with The Movement, which was 100% grassroots and self-funded forming the broader movement, the movement. Black Lives Matter actively worked against the movement, all the while claiming to be affiliated. Which was a blatant lie. Here is an account from an Original Ferguson protester, and we are the company that started and mobilized ‘The Movement.’
Picture
Click for a video from a founder of "The Movement
​Deray Mckesson is a COINTEL agent. Literally. He is DNC surrogate paid by the DNC establishment to push their agenda at the expense of The Movement. He is using his access to media to control the narrative and push things in favor of the DNC establishment and against the movement. He didn’t start anything, but inserted himself into the picture in order to sabotage. He has yet to mention or recognize the founders of The Movement even going so far as slandering them and calling a founder a “troll.” Yet he claims affiliation in his Twitter profile and when appearing on major publications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcGby7xvoZg&t=505s

Old 06-01-2017, 04:41 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,923,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Here in the state I live in BLM camped at the The Police Precinct for weeks.
They thru cocktail explosives at them.
Spray painted on the police station.
Yelled horrible hate things at the police.
Threw rocks at them.

It ended up costing that city $4 million dollars the mess they made and having to bring in back up.

If that warrants a Peace Prize
I would hate to see what would warrant a terrorist group prize according to this co.mitte who gave it
This never happened. You are lying.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:18 AM

20 posts, read 18,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Yes they sponsored some very active riots and neighborhood burning.
I disagree.

I mentioned Black Lives Matter groups are not perfect and its unfair for some of you to point out riots, looting, and violence to this movement. Let's not forget about the Anti-Trump protests or the college students created riots when their basketball or football team lost. I don't understand why some of you ignoring the awareness and genuine activism to expose the corruption happening in the justice system toward black people.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:20 AM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Well, the BLM organization did not kill this person, but I believe he was inspired by them. And if it was just Darren Goforth, I certainly wouldn't lay that at the organization's feet. They are not responsible for one crazy man's interpretation. But you also have the shooting of the Dallas police, the Baton Rouge police, the two cops sitting in their patrol car in NYC, and others that I can't recall right now. And you have the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore.

And with all that, they have not really done anything to curb the problem with police bias except possibly to make it worse and alienate people who otherwise might sympathize with these issues. So overall, I think they have not been a very successful group. They didn't even do what the organizers hoped, which was turn out the vote for Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies