Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's "covfefe" word. Turn it into CovfefeGate or not?
Yes of course. 12 22.64%
No. 17 32.08%
I have a better one 2 3.77%
They are coming after you for this. You will never be on the "Apprentice" 23 43.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 08:32 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCity56 View Post
Typo? "Ops" for "oops" is a typo. "Covrege" for "coverage" is a typo. "Covfefe" for "coverage?" is more fresh evidence that an imbecile sits in the White House. How can someone who does not understand the world on an even a basic level make decisions about how to govern the most powerful nation in it?
How can someone who can't even spell 'respect' get such slavish adoration from liberals?

Old 05-31-2017, 08:45 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm pretty sure the Liberals will punish President Trump with this typo (as if they never made a typo in their life) and you can bet they will hang President Trump from a tree, that is soaked with gasoline and stand there with an available Bic lighter...
Wow! What a wild, blood-thirsty imagination. Kind of like Kathy Griffin...

Old 05-31-2017, 08:51 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
It's NOT a WORD.
The point is that it was obvious to those who aren't innate Trump haters b/c their girl LOST & they lose their minds over such petty things such as 2 scoops of ice cream, that the INTENDED WORD was "coverage".

What libs get their panties wadded up over when it comes to Trump...and what they wouldn't permit anyone to get their panties wadded up over when it came to Obama/Michelle/Obama kids?

More than hypocritical.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:37 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCity56 View Post
I was one of those liberals who called Bush an imbecile and a big dummy. How sad and regretful I am now. Don't know what you got 'til it's gone. Bush wasn't the smartest guy in most rooms, but he is of above average intelligence, has good political instincts and is a decent kind-hearted man. Trump not so much. Trump dumb-lucked his way into the White House. He proves nearly everyday he's an ignoramous with bad character.
Exactly. I have felt that Dump makes Bush look pretty great. Both he and his wife are seemingly genuine souls. Hell, I was turned off by Romney when he ran before, but even HE began seeming better, at least he is a politician. All the guys on the stage during early debates likely have much more going for them over him, too.. (not that I even vote that way).

I don't think we would be spending time wondering "what's next??", each day, regularly having concerns, if another had become President. I always liked the feeling that one in the WH was "handling things", not having to be regularly consumed by what was going on there.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:50 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 hour ago)

5,791 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Covfefe? Damned if I know for sure what it is, but it sounds like a mix of coffee and some kind of mind altering substance. Whatever it is, I'll have some this weekend. Sounds like a great way to detach yourself from reality.

Covfefe? BAZINGA!!

Old 05-31-2017, 11:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Will Trump's investigation. Become :Trump's "CovfefeGate ?

It is an acronym.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:29 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Poor Spicer, left to explain this, says covfefe is a real word and NOT a misspelling.

Audio only as Spicer ordered that all cameras be turned off before he answered.

"White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer drew widespread laughter from reporters when he insisted that President Donald Trump’s infamous “covfefe” tweet was not a misspelling. After one reporter asked Spicer if “people should be concerned that the president posted somewhat of an incoherent tweet last night,” Spicer simply replied, “No.”

The reporter then asked Spicer why the misspelled tweet stayed up for so long. “The president and a small group of people know exactly what he meant,” Spicer replied, which elicited laughter throughout the room. Reporters then tried to ask Spicer what “covfefe” actually means, but he quickly moved on to another question.

Sean Spicer: The President And A Small Group Of People Know Exactly What "Covfefe" Means [AUDIO] - Joe.My.God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I thought the typo was funny. He's human; it happens. Whether he should be tweeting or not is another discussion. I don't care for him, but I did like that he was able to make a joke of it.

Spicer's defense is what killed it for me. If he had laughed it off, it wouldn't be an issue. The fact that he's not willing to admit a mistake that public says a lot.

I think we should have a contest to think up a meaning for "covfefe', so it can become a real word. Or maybe, it's an acronym, for "callus, obnoxious, vacuous, forging extraordinary failure (for) everyone.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Unless that typo (that I honestly think he made while dozing off and trying to tweet) is a code word for some sort of high crimes, I think it best to treat it like the typo it was.

He's not smart enough to purposely make himself look stupid. Too prideful.

I think he was pretty graceful in handling it this morning, though. I give credit where it's due.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:42 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I thought the typo was funny. He's human; it happens. Whether he should be tweeting or not is another discussion. I don't care for him, but I did like that he was able to make a joke of it.

Spicer's defense is what killed it for me. If he had laughed it off, it wouldn't be an issue. The fact that he's not willing to admit a mistake that public says a lot.
He may not have even done either of these tweets himself, since at least one other person sometimes does it for him from their iPhone. Either way, it might have just been a slip, becoming interrupted, not going back to. (It seems Frump usually Tweets after 3:00 - 5:00 am).

Oh, well...we certainly don't have much else to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies