Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 04:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

I consider myself a Christian. I believe everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint.

Still, I get a bit embarrassed when I see someone like this or Franklin Graham defending Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 04:20 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The only continuous flow of inflammatory rhetoric I seem to encounter at C-D is from overgrown children who can't accept the fact that they were out-voted and aren't going to get their way.

Except for a handful of "hard right" sites like the one above, most conservatives are satisfied -- and that doesn't mean we're happy with Trump, only that he was the slightly-better of two poor choices (and that doesn't include people like myself who opted for Johnson, McMullin or Castle).

It's time to grow up and play by the rules -- which is going to disappoint you little boys and girls, because it won't provide instant gratification.
Who isn't playing by the rules?

If Trump is actually impeached and thrown out of power, it won't be because of the people that lost the electoral college vote. The Democrats literally have NO power to do anything about this.

It's interesting how this is framed as an issue from the Democrats, when in fact only the Republicans in Congress have the control.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Who isn't playing by the rules?

If Trump is actually impeached and thrown out of power, it won't be because of the people that lost the electoral college vote. The Democrats literally have NO power to do anything about this.

It's interesting how this is framed as an issue from the Democrats, when in fact only the Republicans in Congress have the control.
It is the same as Republicans trying to nail Clinton over Whitewater and ending up with lying about an affair.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:45 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Who said that God is on their side?

Old 05-31-2017, 04:46 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is the same as Republicans trying to nail Clinton over Whitewater and ending up with lying about an affair.
I'm not sure it is at all...who held majority power in Congress during Clinton's second term?

How is that equivalent to today? A minority group literally can do nothing to take Trump out of power. If he is impeached, it won't be because of the Democrats. This is basic math.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Christians? What is this guy talking about?

Hm...what was your prior username?
I think that is the same one that got banned the same day.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:55 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Thank you. I was trying to remember the name of his secretary that he had the affair with.

Didn't his wife wear 25lbs of makeup?

At least 25 lbs.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:00 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Still refusing to accept the fact it's a Republican Congress asking questions about Trump's behavior, right?

At what point will you face reality?
I mean Mike Flynn is asking for immunity for a reason, right?

Also, in case they missed it yesterday, the entire Senate Intel committee voted unanimously to grant Burr and Warner the power to issue subpoenas as they see fit.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCity56 View Post
In the coming civil war, which side will Jessica Hahn be on?

Holy guacamole, thanks for that!

I missed the mention of Hahn and I though that Jim Bakker was dead anyway.

The fear-mongering BS about a civil war makes sense now that I know the source.

People still listen to this charlatan?

Last edited by burdell; 05-31-2017 at 06:32 PM..

Old 05-31-2017, 05:04 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
"Highly Influencial Pastor"...bwaahaahaaa.

Jim Bakker is still around? OP, you must be young not to remember Jim Bakker going to prison back in the 80's for fraud.

He was a con man then and you are just giving him the attention he wants now. Don't be a sucker.
I know.

He's a PERVERT and a CON MAN.

He's a total disgrace. I can't believe people are paying attention to this low life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies