Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 10:56 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The OP fails to take into account the 5.4 million Americans who supported Johnson. McMullin and Castle. With the possible exception of some among the legal-marijuana advocacy, I suspect that many of us weren't prepared for Trump's strong showing, and considered him a lost cause -- thereby saw no harm in expressing a preference for something better than the two poor choices.

Next time around, a lot more of us will, I suspect, come to the fight prepared to "play defense", and the childishness and viciousness displayed by the sore losers at this site is giving us a stronger rationale every day.
The childishness and viciousness seems to be coming from Trump supporters.

Here is an idea, take the time right now to tell us which of Trump's policy intitiatives YOU like.

Better yet, start a well-informed new thread about his achievements since taking office, cuz all I'm seeing is diversions about Hillary and Obama and "the other guy did it too" immaturity.

Seems that if Trump were doing a wonderful job, there would be a bunch of threads about his accomplishments. You know, how he is going to fix the Israeli/Palestinian problem, give us the "better and cheaper" health care that he promised, that awesome tax plan that will both eliminates our national debt and provides 4% GDP growth, that "30 day plan" to defeat ISIS...

Should be easy. Go!

Last edited by shaker281; 05-31-2017 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 11:03 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post

Here is an idea, take the time right now to tell us which of Trump's policy intitiatives YOU like.

Better yet, start a well-informed new thread about his acheivements since taking office, cuz all I'm seeing is diversions about Hillary and Obama and "the other guy did it too" immaturity.

Seems that if Trump were doing a wonderful job, there would be a bunch of threads about his accomplishments. You know, how he is going to fix the Israeli/Palestinian problem, give us the "better and cheaper" health care that he promised, that awesome tax plan that will both eliminates our national debt and provides 4% GDP growth, that "30 day plan" to defeat ISIS...

Should be easy. Go!
Good points here.

The Trump cult seems to be more of a cult of personality than any concrete specifics in terms of why they love him so much.

I also wish they would see 4% GDP growth is not a good thing for our economy because it can only happen if there's a massive bubble. When we see 4% GDP growth, we'll need to start thinking about bracing for recession.

Trump is going to wreck our economy completely if he remains in office his entire first term.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:05 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
So lets look at it this way. There are 3 groups who decide American politics primarily.
1. The Democrats. This latest election, and Trumps actions have energized them like nothing I have ever seen in my lifetime.

2. The independents. Trump grabbed enough of these to win. These are the people who are often now saying "What have I done"? And these are critical to winning. Many of these will never vote R again, many might not vote next time, and some will judge it based on the candidates at the time.

3. The Republicans. As pointed out, 87% still support Trump. But looking at the data you will find that a large number of them have gone from supporting Trump extremely, to....sort of supporting Trump. The ones supporting Trump extremely still? Those folks will be out to vote next election. No matter what they will stick with him because they are unwilling to EVER admit a mistake. But the ones who are concerned? Some won't vote. Some will, and pull the R again, and some are leaving the party.

Trump is literally dooming the GOP unless things change. So while 87% of R still support him, they've become less convinced of his leadership. And it takes both them, AND the independents to win. Too many people forget that.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:09 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So lets look at it this way. There are 3 groups who decide American politics primarily.
1. The Democrats. This latest election, and Trumps actions have energized them like nothing I have ever seen in my lifetime.

2. The independents. Trump grabbed enough of these to win. These are the people who are often now saying "What have I done"? And these are critical to winning. Many of these will never vote R again, many might not vote next time, and some will judge it based on the candidates at the time.

3. The Republicans. As pointed out, 87% still support Trump. But looking at the data you will find that a large number of them have gone from supporting Trump extremely, to....sort of supporting Trump. The ones supporting Trump extremely still? Those folks will be out to vote next election. No matter what they will stick with him because they are unwilling to EVER admit a mistake. But the ones who are concerned? Some won't vote. Some will, and pull the R again, and some are leaving the party.

Trump is literally dooming the GOP unless things change. So while 87% of R still support him, they've become less convinced of his leadership. And it takes both them, AND the independents to win. Too many people forget that.

And we should listen to you libs why? Because you've been so right about everything since the election started and ended?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Great breakdown here. To further expand on it, I would say that the combination of an extremely energized Democratic party, independents who for the most part will go (D) next time around, and a Republican base that may have a significant chunk not super excited about voting for Trump again, thus causing lower turnout, will be enough to flip some states blue. Definitely MI, WI, and PA. Possibly OH and IA. FL and NC will be in play also but it's hard to tell with those, being that they are home to significant concentrations of Trump's "extremely supportive" base.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post

Better yet, start a well-informed new thread about his acheivements since taking office, cuz all I'm seeing is diversions about Hillary and Obama and "the other guy did it too" immaturity.

Should be easy. Go!
Trump supporters are rioting, destroying cities, and need therapy dogs?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Great breakdown here. To further expand on it, I would say that the combination of an extremely energized Democratic party, independents who for the most part will go (D) next time around, and a Republican base that may have a significant chunk not super excited about voting for Trump again, thus causing lower turnout, will be enough to flip some states blue. Definitely MI, WI, and PA. Possibly OH and IA. FL and NC will be in play also but it's hard to tell with those.

Again, who do you plan to run in 2020? Or do you think you can throw out anyone and win because of Trump?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Trump supporters are rioting, destroying cities, and need therapy dogs?
Threatening civil war, threatening to shoot people, and body slamming reporters.

I have seen people suggest they need therapy gerbils.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
And we should listen to you libs why? Because you've been so right about everything since the election started and ended?
No, you are right. Everybody is going to vote for Trump in 2020. He will win all 50 states because everybody just loves him so much.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Again, who do you plan to run in 2020? Or do you think you can throw out anyone and win because of Trump?
Ask in 2019. It's too early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies