Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 06:19 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Stupidity is now a pre-existing condition? Guess every Trump supporter is going to lose their insurance now.
Of course it is a pre-existing condition, look at all the votes the Democratic candidate got for POTUS, that couldn't have been a result of anything other than a pre-existing inclination to vote for any Democratic candidate.

We know who is stupid based on their threads and comments.

I surely hope, for the sake of those still in with their panties in a wad over the election, that there is mental health coverage as they surely need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 06:26 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lewandows...144229752.html

Gotta hand it to Lewandowski. He never let's reality get in the way of a good BS line!

“And you know when you have a president who is so active, who is so articulate, who is so good at communicating with the media, sometimes you get staff that have to keep up with him. And it’s much easier, I think, if you have people who have a pre-existing relationship with him.”

I would have chosen the words "pre-existing condition".
Trump is more articulate than any other president. He can reach everyone with his plain speech better than the dance around political creeps who will not answer any question directly.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:34 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Does this guy know what "articulate" means?
I don't believe you know what the word articulate means. Articulate means speaking clearly where everyone can understand you. This is what articulate means speaking clearly. Now the word pedantic comes to mind for people with large swelling words impressing the masses is what you believe is articulate . Wrong ! Look it up.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:36 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is more articulate than any other president. He can reach everyone with his plain speech better than the dance around political creeps who will not answer any question directly.

If he could "reach everyone with his plain speech" then he would have won the popular vote as well as the electoral college. If he was truly articulate he wouldn't need a bunch of people following him around to try to explain what Mr Trump means, a man who can't even use full sentences. Trump makes up stuff on the fly and is so inconsistent from day to day that no one with a functioning brain could claim he's a good communicator.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:45 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
ar·tic·u·late
adjective
ärˈtikyələt/
(of a person or a person's words) having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.
"an articulate account of their experiences"
synonyms: eloquent, fluent, effective, persuasive, lucid, expressive, silver-tongued; intelligible, comprehensible, understandable
"an articulate speaker"

However you try to spin it, articulate doesn't describe Donald Trump.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
What about this one? These people are really trying to sell an alternate reality.

“President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him,” the statement from White House spokeswoman Hope Hicks reads. “He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/whi...sitive-energy/
The amount of hyperbole that Trump requires his minions to espouse when describing him is utterly ridiculous and over the top.

I've never seen a President that requires SO MUCH ego stroking from his staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Rumor is that hicks is doing to trump what Lewinski did to clinton in the oval office. Maybe she's gunning to be the fourth Mrs trump. Melania is pushing 50, after all.
Ewww. I feel like I need to go bleach my eyes now.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:33 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Quote:
I don't believe you know what the word articulate means. Articulate means speaking clearly where everyone can understand you. This is what articulate means speaking clearly. Now the word pedantic comes to mind for people with large swelling words impressing the masses is what you believe is articulate . Wrong ! Look it up.
Yes, here's a perfect example of Trump speaking clearly and being articulate:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Donald Trump's Life Sentence

/sarcasm

Old 06-01-2017, 07:43 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
What about this one? These people are really trying to sell an alternate reality.

“President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him,” the statement from White House spokeswoman Hope Hicks reads. “He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/whi...sitive-energy/
Seems like someone has been studying the DPRK.

Next up: Trumps Olympic prowess and exploits climbing Everest!

Need anymore proof that this is a propaganda collective rivaling Kim Jong Un's?

Old 06-01-2017, 07:45 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
Quote:
Ah, like "covfefe"! Got it.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:46 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Trump and "articulate" aren't two things I'd ever connect the dots on.

He is inarticulate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies