Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 02:15 AM

983 posts, read 738,030 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPk7O19RBxI

A bit of an old video, but well worth watching. These students are the dumbest pieces of crap we could ever have. Stupid snowflakes. And also what's the deal with the snapping your fingers together thing???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 02:18 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Darn it, my daughter is considering Yale as one of her top choices for the graduate studies program she's going to do. It does worry me she'll be surrounded with lunacy. Me? I'm pushing UPenn as it's a good choice for her graduate studies area of interest. Hope they're not as nutty there!

Old 06-01-2017, 02:21 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
If you choose immature students as your method of feeling superior. You are wallowing in the mud. What is next, a thread about how 6 year olds should toughen up, no more participation trophies?

Find someone smarter, tougher and better than you and take them on. That would be admirable!

Or find some handicapped child to compete with, if it is what you can handle.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Darn it, my daughter is considering Yale as one of her top choices for the graduate studies program she's going to do. It does worry me she'll be surrounded with lunacy. Me? I'm pushing UPenn as it's a good choice for her graduate studies area of interest. Hope they're not as nutty there!
Spend some time on these college campuses, these are not accurate representations or portrayals of our nation's students. The vast majority of which are there to study (and realistically, let loose once in a while). Don't believe the hyperbolic hype.

I'm frequently at UC Berkeley, of all places, and I can assure you, it's a fairly normal collegiate campus, full of young adults just worried about their next exam.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Spend some time on these college campuses, these are not accurate representations or portrayals of our nation's students. The vast majority of which are there to study (and realistically, let loose once in a while). Don't believe the hyperbolic hype.

I'm frequently at UC Berkeley, of all places, and I can assure you, it's a fairly normal collegiate campus, full of young adults just worried about their next exam.
I think a lot of these 'demonstrations' are from undergraduates anyway. She's going for her PhD so likely will be a vastly different experience for her anyway. I'm a mom doing regular mom worrying! I just don't want her to spend ALL that time to come out and not be marketable. So I told her, no dissertations on the patriarchal influence on underwater basket weaving.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:53 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think a lot of these 'demonstrations' are from undergraduates anyway. She's going for her PhD so likely will be a vastly different experience for her anyway. I'm a mom doing regular mom worrying! I just don't want her to spend ALL that time to come out and not be marketable. So I told her, no dissertations on the patriarchal influence on underwater basket weaving.
I can assure you that grad school is a completely different animal. When I was at Stanford, I rarely spent much time with undergrads or ventured to that side of campus. It always felt a little funny going to that side of campus when I had to.

That isn't to say that that side of the campus was full of these demonstrations (it was not). But grad school is a much more serious thing.

Students are more mature and settled in their lives (you'll meet plenty of people married or with kids); and because everyone is petty sure they're studying the field they want to be in, everyone is quite serous about and focused on the work that they do.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:57 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
These students are the dumbest pieces of crap we could ever have.
Not so much dumb as indoctrinated. Their professors have initiated them into an evil cult called "critical race theory".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

Old 06-01-2017, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I can assure you that grad school is a completely different animal. When I was at Stanford, I rarely spent much time with undergrads or ventured to that side of campus. It always felt a little funny going to that side of campus when I had to.

That isn't to say that that side of the campus was full of these demonstrations (it was not). But grad school is a much more serious thing.

Students are more mature and settled in their lives (you'll meet plenty of people married or with kids); and because everyone is petty sure they're studying the field they want to be in, everyone is quite serous about and focused on the work that they do.
Yeah, I only went so far as a Masters and I lived off campus as I was married already so I don't really have my own experiences to guide her. But, it is her life. I'll just have to control my worrying mom issues!!

Although it does make me wonder if people like me are even concerned about sending their child to what has always been known as a very good school, how does the school feel about these types of demonstrations from a PR perspective?

Old 06-01-2017, 03:25 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
The title sounds like a Seinfeld monologue

Old 06-01-2017, 03:29 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
People with too much time on their hands. Should focus on their studies and not on SJW hysteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies