Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 03:11 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times

Advertisements

And as a member on this forum previously mentioned, not one single local news outlet (in my area) ran a single story minutely negative about Hillary, and to date continue to do so. However, 99.9% of all Trump reporting by our local media was completely negative. Not one single positive story about Trump has ever been presented by local media outlets up to date. I'm just glad that I have access to more accurate news outlets, which when I get the "full story" and then watch the local media circus, I then can see how things are twisted, left out, etc. that is done to push the media's agenda. It's ridiculous.

Basically I wasn't going to vote for Hillary regardless of what wikileaks was saying. The role to me however that wikileaks played was more of a confirmation of what I had previously long suspected of Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 03:14 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
None her graciousness manged to do it all by herself.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:45 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
this is what many Dems say. Russians planted fake news stories about Hillary and this swung the election to Trump

So, what were the stories, and did they receive loads of media attention? Like as much as attention as the Access Hollywood tape and Trump's tax returns?
Pizza-gate. Voters actually believed that nonsense.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:53 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Pizza-gate. Voters actually believed that nonsense.
Only voters that already hated her and were going to vote (R) no matter what.

As despicable of a conspiracy as it was, it was a pile of poop to anyone not using their head as cork.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:08 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I think the only ones who believed that story were already in the Trump or never Hillary camp.
You assume everyone on Facebook is as computer-literate as you & I are. There's no doubt they swayed a few little old ladies who can barely navigate the internet and thus can't tell fake from real.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:10 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
The complete apathy of Trump supporters towards these dirty campaign tactics by outside forces ensures that 2020 will be even worse.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Only voters that already hated her and were going to vote (R) no matter what.

As despicable of a conspiracy as it was, it was a pile of poop to anyone not using their head as cork.
Actually thats only partially true. What it did do was cause many of these to actually vote instead of ignoring it. AND they then encouraged others, and went on and on about how horrible she was.

It was far more effective then anyone expected-including the Russians I think.

Even recently several posters here have gone on about it.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:41 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
The Russians had nothing to do with Trump bein elected. Hillary was the reason Trump was elected and the liberals can't get over it.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The Russians had nothing to do with Trump bein elected. Hillary was the reason Trump was elected and the liberals can't get over it.
Meanwhile in reality, most people recognize that this sort of propaganda has a real effect.

Would you be as sanguine if they had targeted Trump instead?

Old 06-01-2017, 05:08 PM

937 posts, read 699,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
More than fake news there were fake promises:

Make America Great Again
I am the only Republican candidate who is not going to cut welfare
I want to give Health care coverage to everyone
China is so unfair to us
China's yuan is undervaluated I am going to fix it.
I am going to Build that Wall and Mexico is going to pay for it.
I can fix Palestine Israel Problem in one hour.
I am going to stop muslims from arriving to USA.
I am going to put Coal Workers back to work.
Etc.
Etc.
You should add;
I won't cut Medicare & Medicaid. How many times was that said??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies