Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:15 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And this is a perfect demonstration on why what they are doing ha been so effective. Its always that small push over and over that falls JUST short of the red line. and once its established they push a little bit more. And no one is willing to fight over each incremental step, despite the fact that they would fight like heck over the eventual goal.

Its proven remarkably effective.
I am not trying to be difficult, and I do enjoy reading most of your posts.

But I have to ask, "what do you think we should do?"

Not saying you would suggest this, but some would suggest sanction.

well,

to put a sanction on China, a resolution needs to be passed in UN. Even as China will not be allowed to vote for this resolution, it requires support from rest permanent members. In a very possible scenario US, UK and France can be ready to vote in unison but given current geo-political situation, Russia will never be agree to pass the resolution. Europe has put a sanction over Russia. So she is left only one big market for its fossils i.e. China.

Thus in least possible words - China is not going to face a sanction because it suits the world most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 12:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
So China does something in the Chinese Sea, is that our business? Why do we care, why are we sending the navy and spy planes everywhere around the world? Let's mind our own business 1st and no China is not going to get sanctioned anytime. You wanna give up all your goodies just because China is doing something fishy on their own ocean. What business do we have in the Chinese sea and why do we give a damn about North Korea. There's zero incentive going after Kim Jong, he not hurt a single American. We need to stop our imperialistic ways. There is no country out there that meddles in the affairs of other nation as much as the US does.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:24 PM

Plus, you do need China to balance Russia believe it or not, Although China and Russia seem pretty close. Now, maybe Germany will take one step closer to China and Russia now.

The world is a crazy place. You don't want to **** off just about everybody in the world. Sheesh, I know ally is like friend with benefit, but sometimes, you do need them.

In asia, we have Japan and SK and Vietnam, etc. to balance China, should't worry so much.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:26 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think we need to view China as a potential... well.. friend (for lack of a better word)

i've visited China and Chinese people love American people and culture, this much I do know.

They have no desires of starting wars with American people. They honestly don't even have any desires of starting wars with Japan or anywhere else. I think we should keep a working relationship, we can benefit from each other. They are interested in building their economy, can't really blame them for it.

We should do the same.
I know that as well, I have made friends with Chinese exchange students who have literally had to be forced back to China. They genuinely love America ... and more importantly they like what America stands for.

The Chinese Communist Party leadership however is a different matter and therein lies the problem. I am of the opinion that the CCP and the People's Republic are on borrowed time. They can't hoodwink the Chinese people forever, especially as more and more of them travel to the US and attend schools here.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I know that as well, I have made friends with Chinese exchange students who have literally had to be forced back to China. They genuinely love America ... and more importantly they like what America stands for.

The Chinese Communist Party leadership however is a different matter and therein lies the problem. I am of the opinion that the CCP and the People's Republic are on borrowed time. They can't hoodwink the Chinese people forever, especially as more and more of them travel to the US and attend schools here.
Yep. Most Chinese are nationalists, just like most Asian people. (NOTHING wrong with it)

I think as long as we keep the one China rule, they are happy. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies