Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 06:15 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
You're spinning this you know, that link doesn't tell the entire story.

Tell me then why our emissions are mostly clean compared to many other countries?

I don't believe in this "global warming" or "climate change" to the dramatization it's been presented.

However, we as a people can and will clean it up even more and produce other cleaner energy technologies as most of the USA populous do want to breathe clean air, etc.....

Back in the mid 70's, we started to cut auto emissions without this Paris Accord, so imo we can and will (as we are the greatest country in the world (but not as great as we have been in the past imo)) do more to serve our environmental cleanliness.

Before you respond think of the many other countries who REALLY do damage with their dirty emissions which don't hold a candle to our overall much cleaner emissions. Yes, we can do better though.
The US is one of the worst offenders, second only to China.

However at least China has committed to reducing emissions, as for emissions being clean, what utter nonsense.

I am glad most countries are now looking at new energy sources rather than fossil fuels.

Welsh tidal lagoon project could open way for £15bn revolution in UK energy - Guardian

Swansea Bay tidal lagoon backed by government review - The Guardian

Last edited by Brave New World; 06-02-2017 at 06:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 06:16 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
My understanding is that we will consider getting back in, once the terms are worked out to our advantage. The sugar daddy has left the building.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:19 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The US is one of the worst offenders, second only to China.

However at least China has committed to reducing emissions, as for emissions being clean, what utter nonsense.

I am glad most countries are now looking at new energy sources rather than fossil fuels.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...sea-bay-lagoon
We can agree to disagree okay.

We're innovators (as I believe in the US of A ) so it'll be great when new even cleaner energy sources come to fruition used on a mass scale verses using fossil fuels.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:44 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
The Left WANTS us to get ripped off. It was a big part of Obama's priorities. They fully believe that the US needs to be knocked down so developing countries can get a hand up. Don't let these storm trooper fools fool you, they are ALL SJW's and want retribution.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:45 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
The Paris Accord was a terrible deal for the USA. There's nothing stopping us from doing even better, not tied to that deal. Great day for Americans.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:48 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The Left WANTS us to get ripped off. It was a big part of Obama's priorities. They fully believe that the US needs to be knocked down so developing countries can get a hand up. Don't let these storm trooper fools fool you, they are ALL SJW's and want retribution.
Yes, towards 3rd world status.

Good thing we finally have a US President for the US Citizen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Paris Accord was a terrible deal for the USA. There's nothing stopping us from doing even better, not tied to that deal. Great day for Americans.
Yep, I've been stating this too.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:52 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
I agree and may I add that I DO NOT want my tax dollars to make rich Europeans richer as we have been duped till now as well as there's many countries that never was part of this either.

This was the left and or libs then buddying up with the globalists/NWO-ers to make the USA poorer and towards a 3rd world country imo.

In the coming months they'll be solid proof that this first "global warming" then "climate change" was WAY overstated and dramatized.
Thats just unAmerican, not wanting to give our tax dollars away.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:53 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Nobody is saying pollution is not a big concern, but this agreement is not a fair deal to the rich countries.

This is the pollution index by countries

Pollution Index for Country 2017

Moderator cut: Link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

How many of these countries on the top 20 lists do you think will be interested in saving the planet? Some of the most polluted countries happen to be the most corrupt.

Trump just wants to re-negotiate the deal. That is all.
Well how is it fair for poor countries to be negatively impacted by wealthy industrialized nations. Trump doesn't want to renegotiate the deal, he and Bannon do not even believe in climate change. Besides the goals were voluntary and can be changed. There are many companies and organizations that feel we should remain and lead rather than back out.

Last edited by Yac; 06-07-2017 at 06:21 AM..

Old 06-02-2017, 06:54 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
People who don't have the foggiest idea what was in the Paris accord are freaking out over leaving it. You don't need an "accord", Paris or otherwise, to do whatever you were going to do. Go ahead, buy that hybrid, put up those solar panels, crawl into a cave. Nothing has changed.

Old 06-02-2017, 06:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well how is it fair for poor countries to be negatively impacted by wealthy industrialized nations. Trump doesn't want to renegotiate the deal, he and Bannon do not even believe in climate change. Besides the goals were voluntary and can be changed. There are many companies and organizations that feel we should remain and lead rather than back out.
Well, These companies should pay (oh wait, volunteer) then, i have no problems with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies